Chapter 4

the chase back to the roof top from the tank was the most terrifying and desperate run of their lives. they sprinted through the streets, narrowly dodging teeth and hands as they shot their guns at anything that came too close. the yelling of the young Asian man Infront of them being their only guiding source as they scrambled up the rickety old fire escape to the safety of the first platform. it was there that they finally managed to stop and breath. exhaustion evident in the slouch of their shoulders as they leaned against the brick behind them to catch their breaths

"lets get you guys up there. the rest of your group is waiting with mine. their pretty worried about you." the young man said as he nervously adjusted his cap. the dark haired man nodded. "yes, yes please. and thank you." he said, so genuinely it almost hurt the younger man to hear. glenn shrugged a little, suddenly sheepish. "I just... I would hope anyone else would do the same if I was that far up shit creek too." he said quietly.

they glanced down again at the grabbing walkers, noticing one of the stronger ones was attempting to climb. the sheriff looked up in disdain. it looked like they would be climbing at least two stories up the ladder. he supposed anything beat getting chewed up though. the track back to their combined groups was a seemingly long one. but the dark haired man just couldn't make himself slow, even as his exhausted companions struggled to keep up. he shoved a heavy metal door open and dropped to his knees to embrace the crying little boy. he ignored everyone else in the room, the only thing that mattered right then was his son. Emily knelt down next to him and wrapped an arm around his shoulders. quietly leading the father and son to the side to give the others room to enter.

The Atlanta group stood around them, tension in the air as the sounds of walkers echoed from below. Emily stood, happily giving the father son duo a little space so she could address the other man also formerly stuck in the tank. she gently rest her hand on the mans shoulder, giving him a firm pat. "Nice hustle cowboy. You didn't die." She stated humorously, attempting to lighten the frigid atmosphere. Andrea paced just across the room, her hand flicking toward her gun every now again leaving Emily and hotch on high alert. this woman was going to snap at someone. Emily steps back a little ways. keeping hotch behind her and holding a protective arm Infront of the infant. she would hope that the woman wouldn't lash out at the person holding a damn baby.

within seconds she had lunged, pinning the sheriff to the wall with her gun drawn. "Do you have any idea what you've done?! You just rung the dinner bell. We're dead because of these Assholes." She yelled, her eyes filling with tears as she looked to those around her. probably hoping for some form of encouragement for her actions.

"Andrea, back off!" Glenn exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air as he watched on. Andrea stared the sheriff in the eye for another moment before lowering her gun with an aggravated huff. the tears finally falling as Jacqui quickly pulled her into a hug and coaxed the gun away

the sheriff glanced around. "i don't understand." He said quietly, still holding his hands up. Hotch and Emily glanced at each other in alarm as Morales grabbed him and dragged him over to the window to see the dead ones banging on the first layer of glass. "We're scavenging, you what that does for us? it Helps us survive. You know what the key to surviving is? Not dying." He said, emphasizing the end of each sentence as they went. Emily shifted the baby over to her other arm and walked around the group in front effectively making them stop. "Look, yeah, we should have known better. but its not gonna do anyone any good to be arguing right now. there has to be a way out. we already know their not the smartest predators alive, there has to be a way to get around them." she states. bouncing slightly in an attempt to comfort the now whining babe.

everyone is quiet for a moment, thinking and trying their best to come up with some kind of idea. that was until a series of loud shots rang out from above. "Oh no is that Dixon?" Andrea asked tiredly. almost deflating as the group bounded up the steps. Hotch's eyes went wide. "Dixon as in Merle Dixon or Daryl Dixon?" He asked hurriedly, clutching his boy close to himself. he glanced around wildly. desperate for an answer as they traveled upward. Jacqui looked at him. "Yeah, how do you know those names?" She asked. Hotch didnt answer as he took a good long look at emily. he asked another question. "Do you know a Rossi, spencer, morgan and garcia?" Emily asked as they rounded the corner up another flight, his words terrifyingly firm as his eyes burned intensely.