Chapter 30

Daryl was free to roam only two days later. Though spencer had confined him to his cot. Where daryl continuously poked holes in the tent. And annoyed the fuck out of spencer till he relented and let the man go free. With the ground rules of "no more destroying the tent out of spite. And if you get hurt I'm not babying you." He would say. Daryl only smirked at him. Why? Because he knew that was a lie. Spencer would coddle the everloving fuck out of him and they both knew it.

"I'm going to go check on Sophia. You want to watch Henry for a bit?" He asked the man. "Yeah ill watch the little badass." He said. Spencer laughed. "No cussing in front of the baby, he's gonna have the mouth of a sailor before he can even walk." Spencer teased. Daryl scoffed. "You hear that ya little badass, your daddy said no god damn mother fucking swearing. You'll end up having the shitty language of a sailor." He said. Looking at Henry with a smirk. Clearly messing with spencer. He glanced up just soon enough to avoid getting a shoe thrown at him. "Hey now! You said I wasnt allowed to get injured." Daryl said. Spencer laughed out loud then and stood up to sit next to daryl and henry. "Ill see you in a few. And I'll tell Sophia you say hi." He said. Giving daryl a chaste kiss on the cheek. "Bye henry ill see you in a bit. Be good for daryl ok?" He said. Ruffling the little guys blond hair. Spencer turned to leave when a sound stopped him. It was so quiet he couldn't hardly tell what it was. He then turned to daryl who was looking at henry with wide eyes.

"Dada." Henry said. Looking at spencer. "Oh my god... oh my god! OH MY GOD! Did you hear that please tell me you heard that!" He asked daryl as he stared at henry. Daryl smiled and looked to the little guy in front of him. "Damn right i heard that!" He exclaimed. He lifted henry to his knee and had him face spencer. "C'mon little man, say it again. Say dada." He said. Trying to give henry some incentive. The pair waited with baited breath as henry looked between the two. Then little blue eyes turned to spencer. "Dada!" He said again. With much more spirit. Spencer couldn't stop himself from jumping up and down in excitement. He knelt next to the two and smiled up at daryl. Who wore the same expression. "He called me dada!" Spencer said. If daryl could take a picture of this moment he would.

"You should go check on Sophia now. Dont worry. Ill keep him talking." He said. Tucking a strand of hair behind Spencer's ear. Spencer smiled and gave the two one more kiss before heading out. "Your right. Ill see you in a bit." Spencer said. Already walking off. The smile never leaving his face. When spencer was out of sight daryl sighed and looked down at henry. "Alright little man, lets. See if you have any more surprises." He said. Watching henry smile with a teething ring in his mouth.

——————————————

Spencer walked all the way down the hill and past the RV with a small but persistent smile on his face. Garcia was sitting on the steps with carl and jack sitting at the bottom. Books in hand. "What are you smiling about?" She asked him. Spancer shrugged. "Henry just said his first word." He replied. Garcias eyes lit up. "Oh my god! What was it? What did he say?" Garcia asked excitedly. "Oh, you know, he called me dada." He replied. His grin stretching. Garcia squeezed and jack turned to spencer. "What will he call daryl?" He asked. That fought the attention of the small group nearby. Notably rick, hotch, Glenn, Emily, and Lori. Spencer was taken off guard. "Um, why do you ask." He questioned. Jack looked at spencer like he was the weirdest person in the world. "Cuz you love daryl and your Henry's dad. That makes daryl Henry's dad also." Jack explained. Spencer couldnt help but blush. "Oh, um, good point. I guess we'll just see what henry decides." Spencer replied. Hearing the chuckles of those around him. He gave the group a glare and rolled his eyes at the snickers before continuing to walk away.

He walked up the porch and nodded to Beth before heading inside. "You here to check up on Sophia?" Maggie asked once he entered the living room. "Yeah, its a miracle she woke up. We where all starting to worry." He replied. Maggie nodded. "Daddy's in their now. We got her some soup and a whole lot of water." Spencer couldn't help the smile. "Did she look alert or was she pretty dazed?" He asked her. Maggie shrugged. "I couldnt really tell. i wanted to give her and her mom a little privacy." Maggie said. Spencer nodded and headed upstairs. The light was on down the hall and he knocked on the door before opening it. "Hey carol. "Hershel, hows she doing?" He asked. Looking at Sophia who was staring down at her missing arm. "She's dazed, but its just from confusion. No head trauma or any signs of brain damage." Hershel explained. Spencer nodded, it was an understandable verdict. He knelt down next to Sophia. Careful not to touch her or jar her in any way.