chapter 25

Spencer was still processing this after a few hours had passed. Daryl not knowing what else to do, sat next to Spencer on the porch and wrapped a protective arm around his shoulder. it was concerning. shane was nowhere to be seen and on top of that they where about to lose two more people. daryl didnt know what to do. he looked over to the shaking man curled into his side. henry was held tightly in his hands and his eyes where glazed. ''you gone' be ok?'' he asked quietly. spencer didnt answere. ''hey man, this is shit but I gotta know what you need.'' he stated, he was now knelt infront of spencer holding his face. spencer blinked at him and took a deep breath. ''I need to go see him, I know its what I should do but Im scared.''spencer replie quietly. daryl nodded. ''you want me to go in with you?'' he asked. spencer sniffled. ''yes, please.'' he responded weakly.

daryl carefuly stood the both of them up and lead the shaking man inside. hotch and morgan where standing next to the couch having there own conversation. emily was sat down consoling a sobbing garccia. the kids where outside wondering what was happening and patricia was greiving with her own family. otis having already passed away after telling the truth abut shane. slowly the small group walked passedthe caos in the living room and made their way to the door of the bed room where Rossi was resting. spencer let daryl open the door for him and the two where met with the sight of a pained rossi. spencer shuffled over to the bed as daryl closed the door behind him softly.

''hey.'' rossi greated. ''hey.'' spencer said back plainly. ''how you feeling?'' rossi asked. spencer let out a breathless laugh. ''why are you asking me that? your the one who-who...'' he trailed off. tears started dampening his eyes. rossi seemed to soften. ''why dont you have you have a seat.'' he offered. spencer nodded and sat down carefully at the edge of the bed. slowly rossi grabbed hold of the hand that wasnt holding henry.

''i know I dont say it much but Im proud of you.'' he muttered quietly. spencer listened silently. ''you and the others are the closest thing I have to family and I'm glad that I get to be with you in my final moments." Rossi explained. Spencer stayed quiet. Then Rossi gestured to Daryl. "And of all the people protecting you I'm glad this one right here is among them." Daryl shifted his weight and merely gave the man a small nod.

Then rossi heaved a sullen sigh. "You need to know what happened. I need to relay it to you myself. Be careful around Shane he seems to have developed an obsession with you. and as things go most often, he will be back. He has been repressing homosexual feelings for a long time and when you mix that with a crazy narcissistic cop you don't get a good outcome." Rossi whispered. Spencer nodded and wiped a tear from his eye. Henry started to fuss.

"Lemme get a good look at the little fella." Rossi said. He held out his arm and Spencer laid Henry down gently as to not jostle the man too much. "Look at you, a regular little fighter. Don't you worry little one, with people like these taking care of you, there's no way you can lose to this world." Rossi whispered giveing the baby a small kiss on the forehead. Spencer's eyes welled up again as he took Henry back into his arms.

"Spencer look at me." Rossi said. Spencer slowly lifted his head, barely making eye contact through his tears. "When I pass. And I will. Promise me you will let me go. Promise me you'll keep surviving. It's my time to go, and I don't expect to see you for a good long while." Rossi said to him. Spencer was barely able to huff out a chuckle. Tears streamed from both eyes as he clutched Henry tightly.

"Do me a favor and get me a bowl of cold water? I need to talk to Daryl for a minute." Rossi said softly. Spencer stood and wiped his tears again before nodding and shuffling to the door. Daryl reluctantly opened it for him and gently touched his shoulder as he stepped out. Carefully the man closed the door again. Looked to Rossi, who was gesturing to the side of the bed.