chapter 21

The group made their way to thier way back to the highway slowly, stopping periodically to rest. Spencer was leaning against a tree and Daryl was tuning into andrea's and Carols conversation.

''I know how you feel. I felt the same way with amy.'' Andrea said. Carol nodded at her. ''I suppose you do.'' She stated quietly. ''Thank you.'' She said, she was starting to tear up. ''Its the not knowing. She's out here all on her own. I dont want what happened to amy to happen to her.'' Carol said. Everyone froze. Amy was a touchy subject for Andrea. ''Oh god! Thats the worst thing I ever said.'' Carol exclaimed holding onto Andreas hands. ''Well we're all hoping and praying. For what its worth.'' Andrea said. Spencer watched Daryl scoff.

''Ill tell you what its worth! Not a damn thing! All this praying bullshit. We're gonna locate that little girl and shes gonna be just fine. Am I the only one that understand around here? Good lord.'' He said. Spencer smiled a bit, the older man really kept his gruff and tough attitude, even when trying to comfort someone. Daryl walked by him in a huff. ''Careful, your gentle side is showing.'' Spencer said playfully to the man. ''Me? I aint got no gentle side. Just the cold hard truth.'' Daryl exlained defensively. Spencers smile widened. "You keep telling yourself that." He said softly. Daryl ignored him.

They walked on for a few more minutes. ''How much longer?'' Andrea asked. Daryl answered without turning around. ''Probably hundered yards as the crow flies.'' He said. Andrea rolled her eyes. ''Do we look like crows?'' She asked bitterely. Spencer sighed. Of course Andrea had to be annoyed by that. What isn't she annoyed by? ''If you keep up we'll be there in about 15 minutes.'' Daryl explained. They continued walking in silence.

That was until Andrea screamed. She had wandered away from the group and they where struggling to find her. Out of nowhere a  woman on a horse galloped passed. Knocking the walker off of Andrea. ''Lori? Lori grimes?'' She called out desprately. They all started at the woman. ''Im Lori.'' She replied. "Rick sent me, you gotta come now.'' She said. ''What?'' Lori asked in confusion. "Theres been an accident Carl's been shot.'' She said to the woman. "He's still alive but you gotta come now.'' she continued. The worried mother threw her stuff down and all but ran to the young lady on the horse. Daryl was there infront of her however to try to be a voice of reason. ''Woah, woah, woah, woah. We dont know this girl!'' He stated. Spencer stepped up and put a hand on his shoulder. ''Rick said you had others on the highway?'' she asked. Spencer gave Daryl a look before giving the girl a nod. ''Back track to Faremond road two miles down is our farm. See the mail box the names Green.'' She told the group. They then watched as the woman road away with Lori.

----------------------

When they finally made it back to the highway they found T-Dog looking a little worse for ware. Spencer rushed over to him and quickly assesed the damage. ''He has a bad infection. He needs some anti-biotics and some pain killers so I can really clean this wound.'' Spencer said to the group as they filled dale in on the situation. They all looked at eachother.

''Look, we need to go reconnect with our people at the barn.'' Rossi said to them. ''T-dog needs medical attetion.'' He added on. ''We cant just leave. What if Sophia comes back and we're not here?'' Cqrol asked the group. ''Carol's right, it would be pretty aweful if Sophia came back to nobody.'' Andrea reasoned.

''Look heres what we're gonna do. Ill stay here at the RV and go looking round some of the buildings round town. by morning we'll set up a sign or somethin' for her and some supplies and we'll come back twice a day to check it.'' Daryl planned out. ''That sounds like a good idea.'' Garcia said. Spencer took henry from her and gave him a kiss on the cheek. ''Never the less I still think some of us should go to the farm. Andrea and Rossi can you take T-dog? and Penelope? can you take Henry there too? I know you've been watching him alot. But I really think it would be better if I stayed to help look for Sophia.'' Spencer said. Penelope nodded. ''I think it'd also help if Henry was somewhere safe.'' He added on, looking at the boy with such an intense adoration. Penelope nodded with a smile while taking the boy from Spencer.

''Its not a problem at all, you know I love spending time with the little rascal.'' She replied. Spencer smiled at her. then Andrea spoke up. ''t
Thats all fine and good. but why do I have to go with them?'' She asked the genius. ''BecauseT-dog needs the help, and I need to wait for my team to show up.'' Spencer aswered.

Then Dale sighed. ''Nkw that we have that situated. what do we do about T-dog. He needs drugs or hes not going to make it the whole way there.'' Dale said to them. Daryl walked away and pulled a bag of prescriptions out of his brothers motorcycle. ''Keep these damn rags off my brothers motorcycle, and why'd you wait til now to say anything? This is Merles stash. Crystal, Ex, some kickass pain killers.'' He listed off. Tossing the painkillers to Spencer who was now tending to the injured man. ''Doxycycline, it ain't the generic stuff neither. Its first class. Merle got the clap on occasion.'' He said. He tossed the bottle to Spencer who was already unwrapping the mans arm. Spencer went into the RV for a few minutes and came back out with some more medical tape, a pad, and some handsoap with a water bottle.

''what you gonna do with all that?'' T-dog asked. Spencer glanced up for a second. He tested what T-dog could feel. The man gently prodded along the wound watching to make sure the painkillers where kicking in. Some of the others where starting to pack up and leave, but Spencer had to make sure the wound was cleaned both inside and out. When T-dog gave no clues that he was in pain Spencer took it as the go ahead to begin. He squirt a little soap onto the cloth and dabbed at the wound. When most of the dirt and grime was rubbed out of it he poured the water on so it wouldn't burn when T-dogs medication wore off.

He then felt someone staring from over his shoulder and glanced around. Daryl was sitting on the hood of the car behind him watching with interest; turning his head quickly when Spencer glanced at him. ''The hell you gonna use a pad for?'' He asked Spencer, the man smiled slightly. ''Well a pad is used to soak up blood. Thats the reason it was made. It doesnt make much of a difference if the bleedings on your arm.'' He replied to the man. Daryl nodded slightly and Spencer finished up wrapping T-dogs arm. The man poor guy was looking better already.

Then the group left and it was just Daryl, Spencer, Carol and Dale out on the highway.