Chapter 13

"Hello? Hello?" Rick called. Some of them where running back and fourth grabbing their stuff. The group inside aimed their guns when they heard a click.

"Anyone infected?" The man asked.

"One, but he didn't make it." Rick called back. The man stepped forward. "Why are you here? What do you want?" The man asked.

"A chance." Rick replied. Spencer wrapped an arm around the baby's head. "That's asking an awful lot these days." The man replied. "I know." Rick replied. They stared at the man. A long tense silence hung in the air.

"You all submit to a blood test thats the price for admission." The man said. The group was so tired they all just sort of nodded. "We can do that." Rick replied. They all relaxed slightly and rushed to bring everything in.

"VI, seal the main entrance kill the power up here." He ordered. They watched the metal doors role down and sighed in relief when it latched shut. They where taken to an elevator and the Dr. hit the button to a lower floor. "Doctors always go around packin' heat like that?" Daryl asked. "Oh there where plenty left around, I familiarized myself." He said. Catching sight of Spencer. "Your Spencer Reid." He said. Spencer looked up. "Um, y-yeah?" He answered unsure.

"Your work with BAU was truly impressive." He said. Spencer gave the doctor a tense smile. "Thanks." He answered. He could feel the doctor scan him up and down. Daryl tucked himself behind Spencer so he was between the two doctors. Hotch smirked slightly and gave the blushing Spencer a bit of side eye. Spencer rolled his eyes.

The elevator doors opened and they followed the man down a hallway. "Are we under ground?" Carol asked. "You claustrophobic?" He asked. "A little." Carol replied nervously. "Try not to think about it." He responded.

They looked around again. Spencer grabbed Daryls arm and steadied himself as the lights came on.

"You good?" Daryl asked. "Yeah, just wasn't expecting the lights." Spencer whispered. He tried to keep his head down. "Are you the only doctor here?" Rick asked. "I'm it." Jenner replied. "It's just me here. I'm all that's left. I'm sorry." He said. He sat down and quickly prepared the needles.

"Who first?" He asked. They all looked at each other. Spencer had Daryl untie Henry and he handed the baby to Emily. Then after Jacqui he stepped up to the chair. Daryl was standing to the side shifting from foot to foot. Reid only winced slightly when the needle entered.

He looked away as the vial filled and attempted to stand after the bandaid hit his skin. As soon as he did though his vision faded and he felt strong arms wrap around him. "Spencer!" He heard his team yell. Someone was shaking him. He cracked his eyes open and saw the outline of Daryls face.

"You ok?" He heard the man above him whisper. "Got a migraine." Spencer said. He tried to stand but Daryl stopped him and lifted Spencer bridal style. "Let's get you some food." He said. "Thanks." Reid whispered.

"Is he ok?" Jenner asked. Hotch stepped forward. "He gets chronic migraines, the lack of food probably set off his sensitivity." He said quietly, he shushed Jack gently and gave Spencer his attention again. "Besides that we all know he probably gave most of his portions to other people. That's just who he is." Derek added on. Jenner nodded.

They traveled to a kitchen area and Daryl quickly handed the young man a plate of food and some juice. Spencer thanked him and quickly zoned out the rest of the world as he ate next to Daryl. At least most of them where laughing now.

——————

Daryl looked down when he felt a weight hit his shoulder. Spencer had finished most of his food and fell asleep. The man smiled a bit then turned his attention to Carl, who was having his first sip of some wine and smiled at his gross face. "I think you should stick to soda pop." Shane commented. "Not you Glenn I wanna see how red your face can get." Daryl taunted.

"A cheers to the host!" Rick exclaimed. "Boo yah!" Daryl said after. "Boo yah." He heard the man next to him say quietly. He glanced down at the young genius. "Feel any better?" he asked gently. "A little." Spencer responded. He looked up and saw Emily looking at him. 'You ok?' She mouthed. Spencer nodded and smiled slightly. It was nice to see the group laughing again.

The joy was short lived though. Of course shane had to ruin it. Daryl rolled his eyes and Spencer smirked a little at his reaction. The two tried to zone out the conversation infront of them.

"Why'd you pass out back there?" Daryl asked. "Probably because not eating made me a bit light headed." He responded. Daryl gave his plate to the young man. "When was the last time ya ate?" He asked quietly. Spencer dawned a sheepish look. "Two days ago?" He said uncertainly. Daryl smacked his head gently. "Well shut up and eat now dumb ass. No more passing out bullshit." He said, then Daryl all but shoved the plate into Spencer's lap. "Ok, ok, I will." He responded.

The two where off in their own world and that got Emily's attention. She looked at Hotch and gestured to the two. Hotch smirked a bit.

Emily looked at them again and smiled and as she listened in on the conversation they where having. Daryl was a lot like her when it came to the flirting game. Which was basically no actual flirting. Just being aggressively caring. She smiled at the group. They're gonna be a cute couple.

The agents weren't the only ones who noticed the interaction. The scientist had his eyes on Spencer, and the asshole cop had his eyes on the couple.

What did they have planned?

—————————

Later that evening the group retired to the recreation rooms. Daryl tried to find a room that wasn't with Spencer cause he didn't want to seem desperate. But Emily had other ideas.

"I'll room with Glenn tonight." Daryl tried. "I'm sure Spencer wants to room with someone he knows." Emily smirked. "Umm, no. I think Spence would be more than happy to room with you." She said. She grabbed to two of them and not so gently shoved them in a room together. "And ohhhhh, would you look at that. It's the only room left!" She said with a not so believable sigh. "Anyway have fun, don't do anything I wouldnt do!" She said. Then she quickly shut the door.

The two looked at each other. Spencer scratched the back of his neck. "Uh, I think I'm gonna shower real fast. Do want to shower after?" He asked the man infront of him. " nah imma sit here and enjoy my booze." He said softly. "Ok." Spencer answered  Answered quietly.

He stepped through the door and Daryl heard the shower turn on. While Spencer was out he decided to change into some sweats and a tank he had with him. Only to be interrupted by a knock while he was changing his shirt. He slid it on hastily before opening the door. It was Spencer.

"Uhh, sorry. All of my clothes are dirty and I was wondering if I could borrow some of yours?" He asked quietly. Daryl nodded and went to his bag. He took out a pair of sweats and a hoodie. He paused. "You need clean underwear too?" He asked. Spencer blushed heavily. "Yeah. But I can just keep wearing these ones!" He said quickly. Daryl shook his head and pulled a pair of his out. "Ain't no big deal." He said quietly.

Daryl stood up and handed the clothes to Spencer. The young man said thanks and hastily walked away from the room down the hall got he bathrooms. Daryl sighed and closed the door.