Chapter 5

Everyone wished that redneck asshole would just shut the fuck up. "These streets ain't safe in this part of town from what I hear. Ain't that right sugar tits?" Merle said, smirking at Andrea suggestively. The woman rolled her eyes. "How bout you get me outta these chains and we can bump some uglies." Merle said. Emily couldn't help but laugh. "I think I speak on behalf of all women when I say no one wants to fuck you." She said smirking at Andrea. "Tell that to all them moaning bitches in my bed." Merle said scowling at the snarky woman. "Oh yeah, how much did you pay them?" Emily asked sarcastically. That got a snicker out of the stoic man that was Aaron Hotchner. "Damn rug muncher, figured as much." Merle said. Sitting back down. "Dad, whats a rug muncher?" Jack asked his father. Hotch quickly cleared his throat fought back a loud laugh. "Nothing to be concerned about jack, anything that comes out of his mouth is bad. Never copy it." Arron said sternly. Jack nodded up at his father and turned back around to look over the edge of the roof while Emily got glared at for her snickering.

Hotch stood fully then and looked at rick. The sheriff was facing glenn. "Maybe we can go under them, through the sewers?" Rick asked the young man. "Well look around, see if there are any manhole covers." He said. "Maybe not. Old buildings like this built in the 20s, big structures often had drainage tunnels into the sewer in case of flooding. Down in the sub basement." Jacqui said. Everyone just kinda stared. "It's my job, was. I work in the city zoning office." She stated. They all looked to her and smiled in disbelief. Finally rick put his hat back on and sighed. "Well, lets go check it out."

————————

They should have know that wasnt going to work so they changed it up a bit and thought of a different way to escape. They all stood in the ware house at the back of the shop. Well most of them, jack, Henry and Emily where told to wait at the loading dock with jacqui so they didn't have to see what was about to happen. T-dog and morales ran into the alley on Glenn's command and quickly killed two walkers to pull them into the warehouse. They stood around the two of them looking pale. Their silence speaking volumes as they tried to contain the contents of their stomach. Rick held the axe in his hand and reared back for a swing before suddenly pausing and looking away. he threw the axe onto the ground and pat the body down till he found a wallet. "Wayne Dunlap, Georgia license, born 1979." Rick said pausing to hand the card to Glenn. "He had 28 dollars in his wallet the day he died. And a picture of a pretty girl. 'With love from Rachel'. He used to be like us. Worrying about bills, worrying about the rent, the Super Bowl. If I ever find my family I'm gonna tell em about Wayne." Rick said.

"One more thing." Glenn interrupted. "He's an organ donor." The room stilled for a moment and without hesitation Rick hacked into the guys stomach. Their reactions seemed varied. Rick just kept hacking. The action causing more disgusted groans. "I'm gonna hurl." Glenn commented. "Not now." Hotch said. Patting Glenn's shoulder slightly. Watching as Morales started hacking away at the corpse too. "Everybody got gloves?" Rick asked. Glancing around at the group. "Don't get any on your skin or in your eyes." Hotch commented; right before digging his hands into the corpse. They all grabbed hand fulls of gut and started smearing it all over Glenn and ricks bodies.

"Oh this is bad, this is really bad." Glenn said, looking almost faint. "Think about something else, puppies and kittens." Rick replied.

"Dead puppies and kittens." T-dog put in. At that Glenn finally hurled. Hotch glared slightly at T-dog. I mean did he really have to say that? "What is wrong with you?" Andrea asked T-dog. "Cmon glenn, just try to think about some other things ok?" He asked the heaving boy. He could only nod.  At least T-dog had the mind to act sheepish after. Hotch grabbed a long intestine and draped it over Glenn's shoulders. "How are you so calm about this man?" Glenn asked him. Hotch paused. "I worked with the FBI for a very long time. So I can say this isn't the first mutilated body I've ever seen, and by the looks of it, it won't be the last." Hotch replied plainly. Rick stood to his full hight. "Do we smell like them?" Rick asked. They all looked at each other. "Oh yeah." Andrea responded. "Glenn," Andrea called out. Handing the young man her gun. "Just in case." She said. Tucking the gun into Glenn's belt for him. "We make it back be ready." Rick stated.

"What about Merle Dixon?" T-dog asked. Rick reached into his back pocket and pulled out the key, tossing it to T-dog. Hotch met ricks eye and they came to a silent agreement. If anything happens to me they'll need you. Hotch stood stock still as Glenn and Rick walked out of the building. Hotch took the bloody gloves off and got thier attention. "Ok, we need to hurry op the stairs and pack up all of the stuff. Everybody needs to be carrying at least one bag. T-dog, wait till the last minute to unlock Dixon. Everybody move!" He yelled. They rushed up the steps and quickly got to gathering the things they'll need. Morales and T-dog preoccupied themselves with watching the two make their way through the crowded streets. Hotch was far to busy shoving things into peoples arms and rushing them down the steps. That stopped though when the sky suddenly darkened and he felt a droplet of rain fall onto his hand. "They'll be ok right? The walkers wont smell them?" T-dog asked.

They continued watching with baited breath as the walkers down below seemed to be turning toward the two. Then they started running to the fence up ahead. The group on the roof panicked. They watched as glenn rushed over the fence after rick, kicking off the dead ones as he did. Within seconds though they saw a nice red car slam through the gate and lead the walkers off into a different direction. "Everybody downstairs now!" Hotch yelled. They all ran down the steps as fast as they could and waited by the large door, ready to fling it open when they hear the car pull up.  Hotch listened for the tell tale sound of wheels and within minutes they where throwing their things inside and pushing eachother into the back. T-dog rushed forward a bit after the rest and within seconds the small group was rushing down the street clutching eachother tightly. Hotch squeezed jack tightly and glanced over at Emily who was holding henry like a life line. But her mind seemed to be occupied. "What is it Emily?" He asked. "We're missing someone." Emily said. The rest of them seemed to freeze and T-dog cleared his throat.

"Back on the roof, I went to free Merle and I dropped the key." He said.

They left Merle back on the roof.

Shit.