Chapter 7

The sun rose above the trees and shone through the front window as Spencer drifted to consciousness.
The slowly sat up and cracked his back. He looked around for a bit. Not many people where awake at this times but he knew Henry would be an early riser and he wanted to grab him before he woke up Garcia and Morgan.

He took a deep breath and carefully climbed outside of the truck. He would have to thank daryl when things calm down. Spencer grabbed the handle and carefully opened the door. He took off to the tent and heard Henry fussing inside.

Slowly he unzipped the the tent and snuck the fussy little one out. "Hey buddy!" He whispered to the boy. Little hands came up to his face. Spence couldn't shake the smile that was forming.

"He's a cutie ain't he pretty boy?" He heard morgan tease. Spencer startled looking slightly sheepish. "Did I wake you up?" He asked. "Nah man, I was awake before you even opened the tent." Morgan whispered.

"He looks a lot like JJ." Spencer commented. He looked at the boy with pain in his eyes. "Yeah, he does." Morgan responded. There was a heavy silence. Reid shook his head slightly. "In a few tears I bet he'll have her sarcasm too." He commented. Trying to lighten the mood.

"I bet he will." Morgan responded. He slowly reached out, his finger quickly trapped in a baby death grip. "I should try and find him something to eat." Spencer said. He slowly got into a standing position.

"And I should probably change his diaper." He added. Feeling the diaper get warm. Morgan chuckled. "I'll tell Penelope what's up when she wakes up." He said scooting back into the tent. Spencer nodded.

He straightened up again and walked to the food station. There he was lucky enough to grab some lukewarm water and formula.

First thing first. He needed to change the increasingly stinky diaper.

He tried to do it as fast as possible and soon he was sat down on a lawn chair feeding the boy. It had been about an hour since he woke up and more people where starting to rise for the day.

"H-How's he doing?" He heard a woman ask quietly. He turned slightly. There was carol. "He's doing ok right now." Spencer answered uncertainly. "Is it ok if I take a closer look?" She asked. Spencer smiled. "Of course." He replied.

Carol stepped forward and looked down at the little boy in Spencer's arms. "Oh he's a cutie." She said. Smiling down at the boy. Spencer gazed down. "Yeah he is." He responded.

Carol then stood up. "If you need any help with him I'm here if you need it." She stated. "Thanks carol." Spencer replied. Genuinely thankful. Carol smiled back and quickly noticed Rick stepping out of his tent. "We'll I ought to tell him his clothes are ready." She said. Starting to walk away.

"Oh carol! If you need any help with anything I'd be happy to lend a hand." Spencer replied shyly. Carols small smile widened. She nodded and then swiftly went back to her ironing.

"Looks like it's just you and me again Henry." Spencer said. He smiled down at the boy. Then carefully sat him up so he was leaning on the towel spencer placed over his shoulder. And for the next few, Blessedly calm moments, he sat and burped the baby.

Only for it to be broken by the kids screaming. Spencer shot up and held Henry close as he jogged to the source. Hopping to god one of the kids hadn't been bitten. As he came to the clearing he did a quick head count and sighed slightly before looking at the walker knawing on a deer carcass.

Spencer carefully swallowed the lump in his throat and took a step back. As a small group surrounded the walker he noticed the arrows sticking out of its thigh.