Chapter 14

It was a solid half hour later when the young man stepped through the door. The hoodie was a bit big on him but fit nicely for the most part. The sweats on  the other hand where pretty much falling off. Daryl smirked a bit when Spencer looked up at him and waved awkwardly. "They're kinda big." He said.

Spencer laughed a bit. "Yeah. I was thinking it might just be easier to go without them." He said as he was messing with the tie. "Then do it." Daryl responded. "What?" Spencer asked slightly flustered. "Go without them. We're both dudes." He said, taking another swing of his booze. "Uh, I-uh, I would but I wanna go check out the books they have here." Spencer said hurriedly. Daryl rolled his eyes in a playful manner. "C'mere." Daryl said. Spencer walked over and stood infront of the hunter. "Hold still." He said. Spencer nodded.

The man reached out and slid the string out of the pants, Spencer held up his shirt. The pants sagged a bit and Daryl caught a glimpse of smooth sharp hips clothed in his own boxers. He could feel a bit of heat rise to his cheeks. He quickly tied the string around Spencer's hips and grabbed hold of the hem so he could fold it over the string. His fingers unintentionally brushing the sensitive skin on Spencer's hips. The young man giggled a bit and Daryl looked up at him questioningly. "What's so funny?" He asked. Spencer cleared his throat. "Nothing, what you did just tickled a little." Spencer responded. He was hiding his smile behind his hand.

Daryl stood up and pinched the mans hips again without thinking and chuckled when the genius squeaked. Spencer doubled over into Daryls chest and laughed a bit longer. When the laughing stopped they paused and acknowledged the position they where in. Daryls hands where on Spencer's hips and Spencer's hands where resting on Daryls chest. He looked up at the man and gulped when he realized how close their faces where. Warm brown met deep blue and everything else seemed to fall away.

Daryl shifted slightly and reality came back to the duo. Daryl stepped back a bit and Spencer let his arms fall to his side's. "You said you wanted to check out some books?" Daryl asked. "Wha- oh yeah! Books! I'll go do that!" He said quickly. He walked to the door and Daryl stopped him. "Do you... want some help? Ya know picking books?" He asked. Spencer smiled. "Sure." He replied.

They walked down the hall togeather to the game room. Spencer walked in and held the door open for Daryl. The two quickly making their way to the secluded book section. Hotch sat there with Jack and Henry and Spencer smiled.

"Hi Henry!" Spencer said. He scooped the little one into his arms and placed a kiss on his little head. Henry smiled up at him. Daryl stood back and watched. It was a cute interaction. Spencer stood and held the boy. "How's he been this evening?" He asked his boss. "Pretty good so far. Jack likes having him." He said quietly. "In fact Jack has something to ask you." Hotch said. He nudged Jack forward. "Can Henry spend the night with us tonight?" He asked shyly. Spencer smiled. "Sure, if it's ok with your dad." He responded quietly. "I'm ok with it if you are." Hotch responded. Jack cheered. Spencer gave Henry one more kiss before handing him to Hotch. It would be kinda nice to get a full nights sleep tonight.

He watched the trio leave and turned to Daryl. Then he walked up to the shelf. Daryl sat down. "How'd you get to be so smart?" Daryl asked quietly. Spencer shrugged. "Mentally ill mom and not there father?" He responded. Daryl laughed. "I had the same thing and I turned out pretty fucking stupid." He replied. Spencer glanced back at him.

"That's not true." He replied. He sat down in a chair next to the man. "How?" Daryl asked. "Well, we both grew up fast. But where I grew up my worth depended on my grades. Where you grew up your sense of worth depended on your hunting skills." He said. Daryl shrugged.

"Daryl, you are a genius. You are able to predict the movements of a being thats miles away. You can come up with solutions to physical problems before they happen. Your, your absolutely amazing." Spencer responded. Daryl flushed a bit. "What was it like for you, growing?" Daryl asked. Clearly changing the subject. Spencer sighed. "Kinda lonely, most people I knew only talked to me because my brain was cool. I felt like a circus side show." He said quietly. "I grew up fast, was in college by 14. Had a mother who had rare lucid moments. It was kind of a mess." He added.

Daryl nodded " when I was little, Merle took me out onto a boat, he was drunk and the boat was small so it got tipped over. Merles dumb ass was knocked out so I had to drag him back to shore and you know what the dumb ass said. 'Why didn't you grab the beer!' " Daryl said. Spencer and him shared a laugh. The young man stood up and started scanning the books again when he heard Lori and Shane walk in. Daryl and Spencer looked at each other as they listened to the conversation.

"Cmon Lori, I love you. We where happy. Me and you and Carl. We where happy before Rick we can still be happy." Shane ranted. Spencer tensed when Lori started telling him to stop and ran out when the shouting for worse. He sprinted to where they where and pushed the man off of her. "I knew you where an asshole but this?" Reid exclaimed. He pushed Lori behind him and tensed when Shane raised his fist. He was fully prepared to to block the punch but Daryl shot out infront of him and slammed his fist into the cops temple. Shane got up and tried to hit him again but was too drunk and got pushed back. Daryl shoved the man against a wall and punched right next to his face to scare him.

"Go, now." Daryl said plainly. Shane drunkenly stumbled out of the room.