chapter 20

After that the walk back was really quite. The group in the back obviously trying their best to not anger the duo in front. Daryl and Spencer where exchanging glances. It was kinda cute. It would have been cuter if Daryl wasn't periodically hunting squirrels while they walked. But even then Spencer thought of it as one of Daryls quirks. He truly analyzed this man and just knew that he was inherently good. Daryl tossed a bloody arrow at the man which Spencer reluctantly caught. He made a face when his hand came in contact with the squirrel blood and glared soflty when Daryl laughed at him.

''What? Pretty boy cant handle a little squirrel juice.'' Daryl asked teasingly. ''I would really like if you didnt call it that.'' Spencer said with a disgused smile. Daryl threw the squirrel into his bag and took a handkerchief out of his pocket. ''Come're.'' He said. Spencer shuffled over, Daryl took the arrow from Spencer. Holding it in his mouth while he wiped Spencer's hand off. Spencer gave the man a look and handed him a water bottle that daryl rinsed the blood off with. ''That was gross.'' Spencer said. ''You liked it pretty boy.'' Daryl replied. Spencer rolled his eyes.

Their little moment was inturrupted by Lori. ''oh to be young and in love. I really think we should keep moving though.'' She said. The women behind her had sly smiles. Spencer blushed heavily while Daryl turned to keep walking.

That was until they heard a gunshot.

''There was a gun shot.'' Lori said. ''We all heard it.'' Daryl replied. ''Why was their just one?'' S he asked worriedly. Daryl shifted next to Spencer. ''Maybe there was a walker.'' He offered. ''Dont patronize me! Rick wouldnt use a gun for just one walker.'' She stated tensely. Spencer walked over to her. ''Im sure everything is ok. Lets just get back to the highway and figure out where to go from there.'' He said. Lori stared at him for a second before softening and giving him a nod. Spencer nodded back and soon the where walking again.

---------------------------

(a few minutes prior.)

Morgan, Prentiss, and Glenn where all walking along side the water. "So Glenn, tell us a little about yourself.'' Morgan said. ''Me?'' Glenn asked unsure. ''Yes please tell us all about this badasses origin.'' Prentiss said playfully. Glenn shrugged slightly. ''I was normal in school, had ok friends, worked as a pizza delivery man and preferred staying inside.'' H e said.

''Introvert with extrovert friends. Good with directions and difficult situations. I like you, your pretty strong.'' Morgan said to Glenn. The boy stammered a bit. ''You really think?'' He asked. ''Hell yeah!'' Emily responded. '' Any funny delivery storys?'' She asked.

"Besides the normal assholes? Well one time I was delivering pizza to one of the richer areas in the city, and ya know im standing at the door. Out of it comes a completely naked woman and a man tied to a dog leash. Im telling you, its like they dont consider delivery drivers humans, and to top it all off; I saw her the next day with a man and they had matching wedding rings. so the guy in the dog collar. Definately not her husband.'' Glenn explained. The two looked at him in shock. ''Damn.'' Prentiss said.

Then the gun went off.

————————————-

Rick was walking along a deer path quietly. Carl and Jack where behind him while Hotch and Shane followed behind them. The man infront stopped however when a deer came into view. It was a beautiful young buck. Jack and Henry where amazed. Hotch and Rick gave their kids the go ahead to approach it.

It was a beautiful moment. However right as Carl reached his hand out. A shot rang out and he was in the floor. Within second Hotch was over him making a bandage and applying pressure. His FBI instincts coming back to him. He glanced over at Jack and felt relief when he saw the boy still standing.

A man ran out from behind the tree line."I'm so sorry! I didn't see em'- oh god. Ok. Pick him up and run that way a mile. Theres a man named Hershel he can help!" The man yelled. Hotch let Rick scoop Carl into his arms and run. He quickly grabbed his own distraught son and they too. Ran after the pair. Carl was losing a lot of blood.

Hotch set Jack down and gave him a quick kiss on the head before helping lift Carl up the stairs. "He bit?" Hershel asked. "No, he was shot! By your man!" Rick exclaimed. A blond woman came out from behind. "Otis?" She asked worried.

"Get him inside." Hershel ordered. They managed to get the boy onto a bed and Hotch quickly applied pressure to his wound with the provided pillow case. "Move aside. We need some space." Hershel said. One of the women moved the two men out of the room and Hotch did his best to try and help Rick keep his cool.

She and came in with Jack not long after. "Hey man, I know it's a lot right now but you gotta keep your head on straight." Shane said to him. Rick looked around.

"My son was shot! Lori doesn't know! He was shot!" Rick said. He was hysterical. Hotch stepped over to Jack and held him tight as the boy cried. "It's ok Jack. Carl's ok." He said to the boy. The men waited in the living room of the house and almost an hour later hershel walked out wiping his hands.

"He's stable for now. There are six bullet fragments. And he needs a blood transfusion." Hershel said.

"Do you know what blood type he is?" Hershel asked. Rick nodded slightly. "Y-yeah. He's A+ same as me." Rick said. "Same as me too." Hotch replied.

"That's very fortunate. Rick I'm gonna need you to come with me so we can start. And I need you to stand by." Hershel said. Hotch stood up and addressed the situation. "We need someone to go and inform our group about this. His wife doesn't know. And we're currently looking for a little girl." Hotch said.

Hershel seemed to have a peaked interest. "Little girl?" He asked. "Yes, sir." Aron replied. "We'll be on the look out." Hershel said. Aron nodded. Then a brunette walked up to them.

"This is my daughter Maggie." Hershel int