Chapter 12

Reid watched Daryl get to work. It was obvious he was getting stressed and Reid was concerned. Especially when Daryl stomped away from the body's yelling. It shook him.

"A walker got him! A walker bit Jim!" Jacqui yelled. That bought everyone's attention. "Show it to us! Show it to us!" Daryl yelled. He was advancing on Jim. The infected man picked up a shovel and swung it towards the group. Only to be grabbed from behind by prentis. Reid tensed and stood up. Daryl ran forward and lifted the mans shirt to reveal the bite.

They all stared at the man and Spencer ignored the pain that shot through his leg while he was standing. Daryl noticed this and stepped infront of the young man to act like a crutch/shield. Spencer grabbed hold of the mans shoulder. It was going to be a long day.

—————

They all stood in a circle away from the two infected people. Prentis had taken the mantle as Spencer's crutch, but Daryl was still right next to him just in case. "I say we put a pick axe in his head and the dead girls and be done with it." Daryl said.

"That what you want? For you?" Shane asked. "Yeah and id thank you while you did it." He replied. "I halfway agree with Daryl. It does need to be taken care of soon but Maybe a little more carefully than a pickaxe to the skull." Reid said, emily nodded her head. "Jim's not a monster dale or some rabid dog. He's a sick man. Where do we draw the line?" He asked. "The laws clear. Zero tolerance for walkers or them to be." Daryl said.

"Amy's already dead, we need someone watching those two first and foremost and that will help prevent casualties." Hotch said. "Reid do you know approximately when Jim will turn?" Hotch asked.

"Well based off the standard time it takes for a high fever to kill, and the speed with witch this virus has taken over id say he has the rest of the today and tomorrow. Not much longer though, and that's with the small amount of medicine we do have." Spencer said.

"Then we'll travel to the CDC as soon as possible. It's probably our best chance." Hotch stated. "And if he dies on the way we take care of it after he takes his last breath." Hotch added. Spencer nodded and Daryl shrugged at the idea. "I heard they where working on a cure." Rick said.

"Heard a lot of things before the world went to shit, now our best option would be fort Bennings." Shane said. "That's a hundred miles in the opposite direction." Lori commented. "Exactly." Shane said.

Reid glared. "There isn't any way fort bennings would be a good idea. Even travel wise it's risky. From here we have a pretty straight shot to the cdc. The road to fort bennings is littered with towns and back roads. It would be way to easy to get caught up in a heard." Reid explained the others seemed to agree.

The group went back to doing their own things when they heard the walker Amy start groaning. Spencer looked over from his seat next to Daryl and grabbed his forearm as the shot rang out. He couldn't watch. Daryl didn't move. "Let's move to the truck." Daryl said quietly.

They all dispersed and started doing their own things. Packing and such. It would be a long trip and they only had so many vehicles. Most of the FBI group could fit in one car. Emily would ride in the RV and spencer was basically shoved into Daryls truck with Henry's car seat. He buckled the boy up and soon they where off.

They said goodbye to the morales family and and drove away. Spencer was in the middle seat zoned out next to Daryl. They where both in their own world. And if they where holding hands no one could ask.

———————

It was probably three hours later when they stopped for the RV. "I'll keep the door open so you can hear. You should still be off that foot." Daryl said. Spencer rolled his eyes slightly but nodded. That was until they heard about Jim. He wasn't doing to well.

Spencer gave Daryl a pleading look and the man shook his head no. "I'll come give you all the information but you need to stay with the kid." Daryl said. Spencer huffed. "I'll come get you so you can say bye." Daryl said. Then he started walking away.

——————

"C'mon, I got Emily to watch the brat, let's go." Daryl said quietly. Spencer nodded solemnly he heard the conversation on Jim's wishes and had watched him be carried to the tree. . He clutched Daryls shoulder and climbed down. Daryl wrapped his arm around Spencer waist and guided him to the tree Jim was under.

Spencer limped to Jim's side and put a hand on his shoulder. "You- you better protect that boy of yours with all you got. Ya hear. He's the best thing you'll ever have." Jim said. Spencer nodded. Hotch helped him up and handed him over to Daryl. Daryl gave jim a nod.

And with that the two walked back to the truck. "Thanks for watching him Emily." Spencer said. Emily smiled sadly and gave Spencer a big hug. "Any time." She said. She helped him into the truck and walked back that the RV.

Daryl climbed in and they where off in the next few minutes. They stared ahead and Daryl gave Spence the rundown on what happened while he was in the truck.

————————

They where coming up to the CDC building so Spencer quickly strapped the baby to his chest. Daryl handed him his gun and they walked up to the doors. There where bodies all around the outside of the building.

The group huddled around and Rick started banging on the door. "There's no one here!" Shane said. "No the shutters are down, why would the shutters be down if no ones inside?" Rick asked. "Walker!" Daryl said. Turning around. Everyone started yelling. "Fort bennings still an option." Shane said. "That a hundred miles on no food and no fuel." Lori said. "125, I checked the map." Spencer said. Pointing his gun at another walker. They started running back to the camper when rick started yelling.

"The camera it moved!" Rick shouted. Spencer glanced to Daryl. They where unsure. "You imagined it." Dale said. "It moved." Rick insisted.

"I know your in there! We have women and children!" He screamed at the door. He felt Daryl grab his shoulder. This was getting bad.

"Your killing us! Your killing us!" Rick screamed. They turned to run to the cars when a bright light and the clinking of metal sounded. Spencer turned and shielded his eyes.