Chapter 26

The BAU team dispersed for the rest of the day. Garcia and Emily sought refuge in the RV. Hotch was in his own tent comforting Jack. Morgan sat on the steps of the house with his head down and Spencer curled himself up under a tree with Henry. Staring into nothing. Andrea and Dale where up on top of the RV. Rick and Lori where with Carl. Carol was with Sophia. T-dog and Glenn busied themselves with digging the graves. Beth, Maggie and Hershel where preparing some small thing for the funeral tomorrow. And wouldn't you look at that, Andrea was making her way to spencer. Eventually she was standing right in front of him. The young man didn't have the energy to acknowledge her. "You know none of this would have happened if you hadn't of instigated him. Shane wouldn't be gone and your rossi might even still be alive. I hope your proud of yourself." Andrea said. Again spencer ignored her. Andrea huffed at the lack of reaction. "Your not even responsible enough to be taking care of a child. Your not a woman and you sure as hell are no man-" spencer shot up and stared at Andrea with a. Furious fire in his eyes. "I'm not a man? Me? That's rich coming from the woman who thinks Shane Walsh is the prime example of a one. Do you even care that he was trying to kill me? What about Lori? You think she deserves to be put in danger because he was jealous? Oh of course not because he fucked you one time and now you think he's the perfect man. Your a delusional romantic Andrea." Spencer practically screamed. Getting up in Andreas face; his own contorting with pure anger. The woman backed away from him and glanced around. Noticing the yelling caught most of the camps attention. Spencer noticed too but could give zero fucks.

"We are hurting because of Shane. Shane destroyed a family. Tried to rape two people in the group. Nearly killed me and my son. And did kill the only person in the damn world who I considered a father. So tell me again how its my fault. Go on tell me miss loud mouth. You always seem to know everything about everyone else's life, so tell me everything. Oh wait you can't. But I can tell you everything about you." He said. People where now walking over to the scene to try and calm down the enraged spencer. Hotch and Daryl among them. Carefully hotch stepped up to the two to get spencer attention to no avail. Spencer sprung on her again. Biting into her like a spurned snake. "Your a self centered self destructive former lawyer. You where so busy back when things where normal you neglected the life you had thinking you where to good for it. You pretended to care for others but you dont because you can't fathom the fact that you are not the most important person in the room at any given moment. I hunted killers. I'm used to being shot at. I'm used to using my gun, and I have killed people. And you known what I never did? I never neglected the family I had because I was busy. When you care about someone you make time for them." Spencer spat. His voice now deceptively calm. He shoved the hand on his shoulder away ad stared into the stunned Andreas eyes.

"See maybe that the difference between the two of us. I can say iv never been a coward before. Can you say that? You might have helped prosecute a few killers but Iv looked some in the eye before pulling the trigger. Iv pulled their victims out of their torture houses after being tortured myself and I would do it over and over again to make this world safer. Would you Andrea? No? Oh come on. You can tell me all about the mistakes I made but I can guaranty I have never and will never be as mush of a failure as you currently are." He ended. Watching Andreas shoulders heave as she tried to stop herself from crying. Slowly she stepped away from spencer and turned on her heel. Walking away briskly. Spencer simply watched her leave with a cold air of indifference. Gently Daryl touched Spencer's shoulder. The man still not snapping out of his cold front. Hotch stood right next to him studying his face intensely. "Spencer, you still with us?" Hotch asked gently. Spencer glanced at the man without turning his head and gently gave the worried man the baby in his arms. Spencer then slowly stepped away and starting walking in a random direction toward the forest. The group looked at each other before dary lwaved them off and followed the man into the field.

It took a second to catch up to him but when he did he noticed the angry tears streaming down the younger mans face. He didn't stop spencer as the two walked just barely into the line of trees. When they where just out of view he grabbed Spencer's shoulder firmly bug gently and pulled the man into his arms. At first spencer struggled. Trying desperately to get away from the comforting hug. Refusing to break down. But the longer he was there. The more his eyes burned and the harder it got just to breath. Till finally he crumpled to the forest floor and hiccuped into Daryls chest. His hands gripped the mans shirt tightly like was trying desprately to anchor himself. Soon the hiccups turned to mournful screams, for is own mother, for JJ for Rossi. Each and every soul of every person he lost merged themselves into his grief. The sound was Heart shattering and painful and raw. Daryl pulled spencer impossibly close and buried his face in the weeping mans hair. Holding him just as tightly. Just as desprately as he seemed to need. Slowly Spencer's screams turned to sobs and eventually shuttering breaths. Then the two sat there in silence. Relishing in the others warmth.

For once spencer didn't talk. He just sat in daryls lap and studied the mans face with tired eyes. He put his hand on daryls check and counted the colors in the man eyes. Daryl doing the same. The two sat there just like that for what felt like hours. It was impossibly intimate. More so comforting than any hug or kiss. Just relishing that the other was there and alive. Eventually the sun started to set. Daryl didn't say anything but they both knew why it was time to head back. It was time for Rossi's funeral. Daryl pulled the lanky man to his feet and carefully lead them through the fields back to the house. And not once throughout the funeral did the hunter let go.