Chapter 6

It was warm this afternoon. Spencer was busy in the shade hanging up some wet clothing that carol had scrubbed at not to long ago. Dale was sat on top of his RV with Rossi and the two chatted while keeping watch. Morgan was chopping firewood. Penelope was chatting with Amy by the water.Everyone subtly avoiding Shane while he stalked around the camp after telling Amy that her sister was probably dead. What a dick. In the meantime his eyes where on lori who was cutting carls hair. The later of the two hating that he had to sit still longer than he normally would. "Hold still just a bit longer." Lori said. Clipping a bit more hair. "I'm trying!" Carl stated. "You think this is bad wait till you start shaving." Shane responded, barging into the two conversation. Reid couldn't help but roll his eyes at the man. He flung the last shirt up over the line and sighed. It wasnt going to do that boy any good to have a man like shane as his only fatherly role.

"Hey Reid!" Morgan called out gaining Reid's attention. "Why don't you come over here and i can teach you how to chop?" He asked teasingly. "Ya know, I think ill pass." He said with a small smile. Morgan let out a small laugh. "Oh c'mon pretty boy, there's not a book at this camp that you haven't read at least once. What else do you have to do?" He asked. Spencer rolled his eyes.

Then he smirked. "Your wrong, there's not a book at this camp I haven't read at least seven times, i still have to help carol with the cooking, there are at least two more loads of laundry to do, and after that I need to take inventory on the medicine and ammunition's." He replied. Morgan let out a loud laugh. However they where interrupted by a siren. Spencer turned toward dale and Rossi up on the roof, but stumbled when Shane shoved past him nearly knocking him over so he could yell up to the men. "Talk to me dale." Shane shouted spencer glared at shane and scoffed. His methods of trying to take charge involved shoving people aside and barking out orders. Thats totally going to make him a wanted leader."Can't tell yet." Dale replied. "It's defiantly coming toward us." Rossi added on after. Spencer quickly walked forward with his hand on the gun at his side. Morgan followed suit and they all waited.

Dale kept watching. "Is it them? Are they back?" Amy asked loudly. You could hear the pain in her voice. Garcia was next to her in a second to provide support. "I'll be damned." Dale said breathlessly. "What is it?" Amy think yelled again. "Stolen car is my guess." Rossi responded. The group watched with baited breath as bright red car pulled into the camp site. Reid smiled a bit as a laughing Glenn stumbled out of it. "Holy crap turn that damn thing off." Dale shouted. "I don't know how." Glenn responded, before getting hounded by Amy. "Pop the damn hood!" Shane yelled as he slammed on the hood of the car. Morgan rolled his eyes and walked around the car to pop the hood and pull out the horn. He was going to to turn and tell shane off for yelling out orders when the man did somthing pretty shitty. "Is my sister ok? Is she still ok?" Amy asked glenn, she was panicking. Shane stepped around the two and grabbed Amy by the shoulders. "Enough about your damn sister, no one cares about you damn sister! So shut your mouth and stand back." He said. Spencer saw red. The geniuse calmly stepped through the chaos and put himself between Shane and Amy to look the taller man in the eye. "I know your stressed. But if you think that for even a second I'm going to stand by and let you push that into other people then your wrong. You want to lead this group start acting like a leader." He said quietly. Just low enough so shane could hear the seriousness in his words. The man didnt say anything and instead backed away and turned his attention to glenn.

"You crazy driving this squealing bastard up here. You tryna call every walker for miles!?" Shane chastised. "Actually we're ok. The alarm was echoing all over these hills. With the state most of the walkers are in now it would be near impossible for them to actually pinpoint and track the sound." Spencer put in. Crossing his arms and glaring at shane. Just then the van pulled in and everyone turned toward it.
Reid watched the people slowly climb out of the van. The familiar face of Arron hotchner hitting his chest like a ton of bricks. Without realizing it he sprinted over to them and engulfed them in a large hug. His eyes burning as he finally breathed a sigh of relief. It took a few minutes for them to actually pull away from the hug but when they did. Spencer stepped back and glanced around the small team they had assembled there. Then his heart sank. "Hotch, where's JJ?" He asked. His voice shaking.