Chapter 1

Go Haru's POV :
"Jagiya, you are here!!", I said as I saw my boyfriend enter the restaurant. Tomorrow was my birthday and he couldn't be there tomorrow so we are celebrating it today.
We started dating in starting of  our college days and now it's been 3 years. I love him so much and he was my rock.
When he sat I noticed the expression on his face and immediately my smile fell down.
"What happened? Why are you so sad? Did something happen at home?" I asked him worried. We both have different majors. I took Marine biology because I loved the ocean and it made me closer to my father and he was an architect.
Even though we had different majors we always made time for each other.
" Ha Ru yah, I want to break up with you", he said slowly and my world soon became a blur.
"I'm sorry I didn't catch you clearly, I heard something about breaking up?" I said praying that I was wrong.
"Yes, you heard it right. I'm leaving to America because I got a job and I think you should take that scholarship to Australia. It for the best", he said and I just stood up from there with tears brimming in my eyes.
"Best birthday gift ever", I said and left without hearing what he was about to say. I was walking fast when I remember I had forgotten my bag in the restaurant.
When I went back I saw my boyfriend... ex-boyfriend with another girl. I scoffed to myself. Ofcourse he found someone else..
I quickly grabbed my bag and left without being spotted.
I sprinted as fast I can to my safe place...to the ocean.
I was running and crying at the same time that I dashed into someone. We both fell down and the folder he had was in the air and landed on my head.
"Ouch!" I yelped and immediately I felt a hand on my head saying,
"Oh my god, I'm so sorry miss. My clumsiness caused this again",he muttered as he rubbed my head.
"It's my fault, I'm sorry", I looked up to find a very attractive man. He looked my age and he had very unique features.
He got up and helped me up as well. He held me gently as he picked his file as well.
"Hope you are fine...woah have you been crying?" He said as he examined my face. I immediately broke down and he panicked.
"It must have hurt a lot when it had landed on your head", he said with a worried look and I laughed slightly and shook my head.
"It's something else.." I said groggily as tears were still pouring in my face.
He gently guided me to a bench nearby with a little people around. I was scared, he was total stranger and it was kinda secluded.
"Oh, don't worry I'm not a creep. I thought you would not want people to look at you while crying so I brought you here to let you relax", he said and I nodded slowly.
He handed me his hand towel and I looked up in hesitation. He gave a thumbs up and I wipped my face with it.
"Alright now??" He said smiling and I noticed he had prominent dimples. He looked really handsome I blushed as he noticed me looking at his dimple. I quickly averted my eyes and he scratched his neck.
"So, what happened? I mean you don't have to disclose but it's better to let it out to stranger because it will remain confidential", he said and I don't know what came upon me because I poured my feelings to this handsome strange. All the while he was quietly listening . By the time I finished I was in tears again.
"So, its your birthday tomorrow and your boyfriend broke up with you for another girl. Sounds like a rough evening. But, it's not too late to change this?" He said and I was confused.
"What I meant was, I will help you forget these bad memories by making new memories with me. Enjoy this night till 12 consider it a birthday gift from me. What's say!"
I was hesitant but I had nothing to lose so I took his hands.
"Since we want to keep it fully secret and for only one night, we should have a pseudonym. I will be Joonie", he said and I thought for a while and slowly said.
"Hi, I am Ruie". He smiled and again his dimples where on display.
"Okay, now let's have a fun night shall we!", He said as he dragged me to the nearby carnival. It's been a long time since I came to a carnival and it was nice.
We rode in many rides and the whole time I was laughing hard that my stomach was hurting.
We ate a lot of food like fish cakes, cheese ttaeoboki etc. Joonie won a kitty ears hairband which both of us wore the whole time.
We then took the Ferris wheel and sat opposite to each other.
The Ferris wheel gave a beautiful view of the ocean and I was just admiring it.
"You must really love the ocean", he said quietly and I looked at him and nodded.
"It's my happy place and it calms me down. That's why I chose my career on it", I giggled and he joined in.
When we got off I looked at my phone to see it was 11 already.
"Come on to the next destination!!", He said and I followed him.
We took a cab and reached Namsan tower. It was illuminated as usual and buzzing with people.
We reached the top of the tower and got the view of the tower.
"All of it seems so small from here doesn't it", he said as we saw the small buildings , cars and people. I nodded.
"You should not let people get you down. They are just small part of your world. Their words and deeds should not hold any relevance in your life. If they are small from here then if you view from the space they will be a small as a fly even smaller. So, they hold same amount in your own world as well. Maybe, they hurt you but it shouldn't shake your foundation. Remember you are the ruler of your world. Forget him and live your life", he said and I could just nod. He was right I felt and it took out the sadness caused by my ex-boyfriend.
When we got down I looked at my watch to see it 11:57. I brought a wave of sadness to me because he was going to be gone.
"Well, this were I leave you Ruie...hope you do what you really want", he said and I smiled with force.
"We will never meet again", I murmured. He kept his hand on my head and said,
" Who said about never! We might cross paths in the future, maybe not".
"It's unlikely we will, I'm leaving to abroad tomorrow", I said.
"Then, until next time.... happy birthday Ruie", he winked and left.
I looked at the clock and saw that it was indeed 12. I smiled and said,
"Thank you for the best present", I turned around.
I got a call from my childhood best friend Kim Soo Hyun,
"Happy Birthday Ha Ru yah!!! I am the first wish aren't I ?" She yelled through the phone.
"Calm down Soo Hyun...you are not the first. It was someone else", I smiled at the memory.
"Is it your good for nothing boyfriend", she hated him from the start.
"Anii...I will explain during out travel", I said as I headed to my apartment.
Until next time... Joonie
_______________________________________
Hello Army how have guys been. Hope you are safe and healthy. If you liked this chapter please
Like share and comment..
Borahae 💜