Chapter 21

Go Haru's POV:
Some of the audience in the crowd had masks on slowly took off their masks. The one in the last row was Jungkook, the before row was Yoongi, in the left corner of the room was Jin, the other side Hoseok, in the middle was Tae and Jimin. Yeonjun and Soobin was near Kookie with the sigh fighting, while the maknaes were scared all around.
Finally the couple in the front was In-yeop and Soo Hyun. I saw all of them give me a thumbs up.
I took a deep breath and presented. Without any stammering or mistake. I continued the presentation in ease knowing that I had my friends cheering me on.
After I finished, they asked me some questions,
"You did a great job, tell me why did you hesitate at the beginning?", one of them asked.
" I was very nervous and I had no one to cheer me on or so I thought. But, then I found my voice ", I smiled at the crowd
They seemed okay with the answer, they asked about my thesis and related questions. I flawlessly answered.
They then dismissed me and I bowed as I left.
When I opened to door I was met with all of them standing with proud smiles.
"I thought you guys were busy?" I asked them quietly.
"You really think we will miss our little Go Haru's big achievement... never!" Jin said as he patted my head.
"You were amazing, noona," Taehyun said as Heuning Kai handed me a bouquet.
"Thank you guys, you made my day", I was happy but a little disappointed that Namjoon couldn't come.
"Let me guess what you are thinking, I wish Namjoon could be here...am I right?", Hoseok said and I nodded vigoursly.
"No no no no no...No"
"I think that's six nos...should leave hyung", I heard his voice behind me.
"Namjoon", I whispered and turned back. There he stood in all  his glory. No amount of tiredness visible in his eyes and holding a small box.

 No amount of tiredness visible in his eyes and holding a small box

"You really thought I will not be present on your big step...I'm hurt, Go Haru or should I say Dr.Go Haru", he said as he walked and stood in front of me.
I had tears in my eyes and I mustered my courage...I kissed him.
He was taken back but kissed me back the next second. We were in our own bubble that I forgot we were with an audience.
"Okay, kids turn around...that means you too maknae", I heard Jimin say.
We pulled apart and stood there in our embrace.
"Jimin ssi, I'm taller and wiser than you!"
"Yah.. maknae!!!" We saw Jimin chasing Jungkook, the youngest 5 closing their eyes, Tae with a shy smile, while the other 5 with a smirk.
"Well, it was about time", In-yeop shouted and the others nodded.
I blushed and hide myself in his jacket while he wrapped his arms around me.
"Don't tease my girl", he said in an American accent.
"She is not your girl yet, you didn't ask her out", Jin pointed out and Hoseok held his laugh.
Namjoon pulled me apart, made me stand straight and said,
"Go Haru, will you be my girlfriend!"
"Yes", I blurted out in seconds which made all others stare in shock.
"Wow, that was quick!", Soo Hyun commented which was followed by a laughter.
I looked down in embarrassment and I saw a small necklace hanging.
I saw Namjoon smiling at me,
"It's beautiful on you!"
"Thank you ..it's amazing"
" I NEED A LIFE!!", I heard Jin yell and others joined in except Yoongi who wasn't bothered.
Just then my name was called out,
"Moment of truth", I said.
"You will get it, Noona", Soobin said and I smiled.
I went in with anticipation.
"Well, we selected two people for the publishing your project, Miss Areum and Mr Oh Sehun. Congratulations!"
I would be lying if I said I wasn't sad but then again part of life.
"Just a moment, we have a special winner. Her work felt like a personal experience rather than just for work. We felt it needed special recognition... congratulations Miss Go Haru, you get a Collab project with the famous researcher Dr Adam Russel( A.N: it's not a real person) who personally selected you"
I was in euphoria, I happily shook hands with Dr Russell,
"You will be working with him on this project for 2 months, at the Great Barrier reef in Australia", I was shook.
When I came out, I told the guys the good news but with a little sadness. Soo Hyun noticed it,
"What happened?"
"The project is for 2 months in Australia",
"You are worried about Namjoon", it plagued my mind.
"Tell him, he will understand", soo Hyun said and I decided to do it
We went to a restaurant for celebrating my project. It was choatic but thankfully it was Jin's brother's restaurant so they gave us VIP room.
I sat near Joon who had a smile stuck to him.
"Joon ah..I have to tell you something", I said quietly. He turned and his smiled dropped as he noticed the look on my face.
"What's the matter?"
"For the project, I have to spend 2 months in Australia...it's so far away and we just got together", I said with a tears.
He hit my forehead lightly and said,
"You think I won't wait for you, I waited for 6 years, 2 months has no affect on me. Besides we will talk for every day...okay!"
I smiled and pecked his cheeks. The guys took the news more sadder but they soon were lightened up after I assured them I will be back.
Namjoon and I decided took my car since he confessed he does not have a licence and I hit him couple of times for hiding.
We were jamming the whole way and boy can he rap.
"You really should start a rapping career", I commented.
" I was an underground rapper once", I was shook at his statement.
I parked my garage in the appartment garage and we decided to walk.
I was holding his hands and I felt his warmth. It was a pleasant and cool night. My legs were killing me because of the heels.
"You are wearing heels.. it must hurt you a lot".
"Yeah ..I have to change my shoes", I groaned as I touched my feet.
The next thing he did surprised me...
He carried me bridal style...
_______________________________________
Yahooo...any update...I am so sleepy but decided to update anyway hope you liked it..
Borahae 💜