Chapter 22

Song:
Missing you -  Sunjae

Go Haru's POV:
The day I left was tear jerking for me...while Namjoon was trying to comfort me. Soo Hyun was had no tears left to cry. All the boys including the med students were there.
"I will come to meet you Aus...okay!" Namjoon reassured and I nodded as I wiped my tears.
I boarded the flight and had my pods in, ignoring the surroundings.
I fell asleep since the travel was for 10 hours. When I woke, there was still  a few hours left. I spent them just doing random things.
We landed Australia and I had severe jet lag for a few days.
I immediately texted in the group chat I was added by Hosoek a few days ago.
Instantly, messages flooded and I felt happy. I was put in a dorm room with another member of Dr. Russell's crew.
"Hi, I am Rachel. Nice to meet you", she extended her hand and I took it,
"I'm Go Haru, nice to meet you".
She was very sweet and showed me around the place. She kinda reminded me of Soo Hyun who called just as I landed and so did Joon.
1 month later ...
I was very tired the past month. I was literally exhausted beyond belief. Dr. Russell was a strict and a perfectionist. I got yelled at a couple of times.
Other than that there was something else that was bothering me. It was one of the senior scientist Dr John,he was giving me weird vibes. He was too touchy with females especially me.
At first ,when he hugged me I was taken back but it was their culture. But, he was holding me too close.
"Hey, you have been spaced out a lot.. anything up with you?" Rachel asked me in concern.
She was close to me just like Soo Hyun, since her calls are rare nowadays. She got a huge project she was working on.
The calls I get are from Hoseok, Jin, Jimin , Tae and Jungkook. Namjoon video calls me mostly but these days they don't have time and niether did I. The time zones also was a pickle.
"Yeah, I just missed my home", she smiled sadly and hugged me.
I avoided that guy at all cost and stayed far from him.
I got off work and when I stepped outside I found Namjoon standing with a smile.
"Hello, Go Haru...long time no see", he opened his arms and I ran to him.
"I missed you, Joon ah!"
"Joon ah.. that's new", he chuckled and I pulled him for a kiss.
"Where are you staying though?"
"Me, a hotel...I have to leave tomorrow", I pouted as his early departure.
"We have till 2 tomorrow , HaRu ssi...let's spend it till the end. Like that time!"
I smiled and I pulled him through the city of Sydney. We went to the Opera House, Bondi beach and Powerhouse museum since Namjoon loves museums.
I stayed at the hotel with Namjoon. He slept in the couch while I took the bed with his insistence. He was super stubborn.
I woke up early and found him still asleep. He looked super uncomfortable in the couch. He was too tall for the couch that he had to sleep in a fetal position.
I went near him and contemplated waking him but didn't have the heart to. He was snoring loudly and I chuckled at that.
I didn't bring clothes so I had to wear the same clothes I wore yesterday.
I just washed my face and came to find him sitting with his eyes half closed.
"You are up? Didn't sleep well?" His morning voice was to die for. He already deep voice was very deep.
"I had a good sleep, I know you didn't. That's why I told you to take the bed!"
"Now, what type of an asshole boyfriend will I be if I did that", he said as he pecked my cheeks.
"Eww...you didn't brush!", He just chuckled as he closed the door.
I was checking his luggage to see minimal clothes but many books..too many!
"Spying,are we"
"No, I wasn't", my eyes widened because he was just wearing a towel..this is the second time.
"Yah...Kim Namjoon!! Put on some clothes!" That idiot just smiled as he came near me with water droplets in his hair. I backed away.
He came close to me and I could smell mint and his soap.
Then he did the unthinkable...he shook his head like a wet puppy so his water will be all over my top.
"Yahhhhh...you wanna die...gosh! I'm going out!" I pushed his wet body away and rushed out.
Just then I saw Dr John come out of one of the rooms with a lady. I froze and was ready to run but my luck ran out.
"Miss. HaRu...what a surprise! I thought you lived in the dorms", he presence made me uncomfortable.
"Dr.John, I'm here to visit my friend", I was praying Namjoon to come fast.
"Oh, right! I never pegged for a hotel person", something in his word struck a nerve.
"Dr, I told you..I'm here for a friend"
"That's not what I saw, I saw you kiss a boy yesterday . That must be the 'friend' you must be referring. He is a lucky to land you", I was creeped out by this time and had tears in my eyes.
"It's not like that,he is my boyfriend", he just chuckled.
Just then Namjoon came out, I felt relief. He noticed the atmosphere and immediately came to my side.
"Who is this, hon?" He asked pointing at Dr.John.
"Oh, you speak English! What a surprise! I am Dr. John Daniels ,her superior", he extended his hand and Namjoon shook his hand briefly.
"I'm Dr Kim Namjoon, clinical psychology and her boyfriend", his voice was emitting dominance and authoritative. Yoongi once told me that Namjoon was the responsible one of the group,like a leader.
I found it really attractive and I was glad for him being next to me.
"Well, it was lovely to meet you. I will see you at the lab, Miss Haru", he gave a creepy smile and left.
I hugged Namjoon and felt protective. I wish he will be here longer.
"He is really not giving a good vibe , Ruie ah! Be careful of him", he murmured in my hair and I nodded.
We went to Luna park and spend our time there. We love amusement park or rather me! But sadly it was time for his flight.
"Take care and eat well! Stay away from that doctor okay!" He adviced and I nodded.
"Okay, dad!"
"Okay,kiddo...I have to go. Love you", he pecked me and I already had tears in my eyes.
I watched him leave but suddenly he ran and pulled me in for a long kiss.
"I needed it", I was a Tomato by now.
I waved him and I took a cab. The whole time I had a ominous feeling.
The rest of days it was quiet and usually I would  notice Dr. John always around me but he wasn't . It was relief but it was weird.
It is always calm before a storm...
_______________________________________
Hey guys.long time no see....sorry it took time for the update.
Stay safe and healthy
Borahae 💜