Chapter 23

*Warning:- sensitive content*
Go Haru's POV:
There was only a few days before I head back to Korea, I will miss the people here especially Rachel who filled Soo Hyuns absence.
It was a Thursday, I was supposed to work overnight. It was dark and no one was in the lab or so I thought. I told Rachel I will be late, I was munching on my sandwich.
The lights were flickering when suddenly I felt a hand on my mouth. I was scared and tired to  shout my came out as muffled sound.
I was struggled hard and when I saw the person I wasn't surprised. It was Dr. John, I was terrified.
I was trying to scratch his hand and pry it off. But,it had no effect. He dragged me to his office and locked it.
"I have waited for you services, HaRu", he said and I was crying hard.
"Please...leave me. I am not like you think I am", I begged while he just chuckled.
He came close to me and tried to kiss me but I pushed him with all my strength. But before I could reach the door, I was hit on the head by something.
I immediately fell down and was loosing my conscious, from my last bit of it I heard a zip.....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Third person POV:
The next morning, all the scientists came in for the work, a usual morning. But, it wasn't.
Rachel found her roommate and friend , lying on the couch with a blanket on her.
This gal is a hardworker as usual, she thought to herself as she came to wake her up.
When she came close she found something strange, HaRu was bruised and was not sleeping.
"GUYS, CALL THE AMBULANCE!! SOMEONE", the distressed girl yelled to see the condition of her friend.
She was immediately wheeled in to the emergency room which was followed by Rachel and Dr Adam.
"Call her guardian", Dr Adam said to the sobbing girl,
"She has no one",
"Check her phone, see the speed dial"
She took the phone and saw the speed dial had  Kim Soo Hyun at the top. She remembered that it was her best friend.
Just then the doctor confirmed what both the scientists feared.
She was violated....
She shaking dialed while the older scientist sat down clutching his head.
"Yo, my friend...I missed you. I heard you were busy and coming soon", she cried even harder hearing her cheerful voice.
"Hhhiiii...Soo Hyun, this is Rachel...HaRu.." she couldn't complete her sentence.
"Ha Ru what...TELL ME!!" she heard her yell, Dr Adam took the phone from the hysterical girl.
He explained it to her and he felt horrible that he couldn't protect his subordinate.
They never moved from the place for many hours. Until, from her blurry vision she saw a group of people.
Among them she saw Soo Hyun with blood red eyes with a guys also the same .
Then, she found her boyfriend, the one HaRu told her all about.
He looked like all happiness gone, just a blank face. She saw a lot of familiar yet unfamiliar faces. All looking like  they were crying the whole way.
"I'm so sorry for what had happened, we found  the culprit. We will take full responsibility", Dr Adam bowed to Soo Hyun who cried even more.
"It was him right, that Doctor John", Namjoon slowly said and Dr Adam nodded.
That was the last string, he sat down in distress.
"Namjoon ah!!" Jin sat next to the sobbing boy,
"Hyung, I found him creepy yet I left her alone", Jin could only hold him because he himself was broken.
In-yeop and Soo Hyun were holding each other, the maknaes were silently sobbing, Yoongi who normally never cried had tears following nonstop, Jin was trying so hard to be hold them together but failed... finally Namjoon was emotionless.
HaRu was in surgery and when it was finished all of them rushed to him.
"She is stable but she slipped to a coma due to the trauma..I'm sorry", he said.
"Can she be transferred to Korea?" Jin asked the doctor.
"Once she is stabilized, yes", he thanked the doctor.
The next few days was painful for the lot. Jin, Jimin and Jungkook returned to Korea to take care of the procedure there while the others took turns to stay with her.
The Doctor was arrested soon and will be tried in court.
Namjoon looked strong but inside he was in agony and everyone knew that.
It was the day she was being transferred, all her colleagues brought flowers for her and Dr Adam was supportive the whole time.
She was being transferred in a private jet of the Hospital. After they reached the hospital, she was wheeled in to a private suite paid by Soo Hyuns parents, they were also there in Australia as they flew as soon as they heard.
"She will fine, Joon ah. Go home,take rest and freshen up then come here", Jin told him.
"But, hyung!!"
"Go, I'll be here with her", Yoongi said and he couldn't argue anymore.
5 months later..
"Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday dear Ha Ru.. happy birthday to you", Soo Hyun sang to her Bestfriend who was still in a coma.
5 months and she was still not awake. Her bruises were gone and her skin was back to its pure state.
She brushed her hair and blew out her candles. She was not her normal self, infact everyone was also same.
All the members visited her and talked to her for hours, joking and teasing yet not receiving any reply back.
The most affected was Namjoon who blamed himself for the incident. It was awful for the lot.
She also distanced herself from In-yeop because in a way she also blamed for not saving her.
"I see you already bought a cake", she found Jung Hoseok with Albus holding a cake.
Following him was Tae with his dog, Tannie and Jungkook.
"Hi, noona... happy birthday to you. I miss you so much", she could that tae was trying so hard no to cry but held back.
"Look noona, I bought a present, I know it will be better than Jimin hyung", the youngest said and which earned him a slap from Jimin who was behind.
"I know Noona loves me more, maknae", the maknaes always tried to lighten up the mood which made Jin feel a little happy.
Soon, the room was filled with 7 doctors and 5 med students excluding Namjoon who came there at 12 in the night.
While the party was going on, the other side Namjoon stood in the top of Namsan tower where he parted ways 7 years ago just staring at the sky.
He was an atheist but all he prayed was for,
Go Haru to be in his arms again...
_______________________________________
Hey guys...it was very hard for me to write this chapter. It made me realise that many people go through this pain and it breaks my heart. But, all I can say for those people is don't loose hope..
Borahae 💜