Page 26

Me and the girl were falling.

We were getting closer to the ground. Her red hair was waving in the wind. She looked at me with a terrified look.

I smiled at her. "It'll be ok! Trust me and close your eyes." I yelled through the wind. She looked at me for a moment, but then she closed her eyes. I could feel the grip around my wrists harden.

The wind was threatening to throw us away. "I got to find a way to survive this!" I started mumbling in my head for the best option.

"It's no time for this!" I was about to set my arm ready to use one for all 100% to let the wind pressure lift us up again, but I started to notice us falling slower, as the time was going slower.

"Is it due to the wind?" I looked at the girl. Her forehead was wrinkled and it looked like she was focusing on something.

"Is this the effect of her quirk manifesting?" I felt honored at being able to be there in such an important moment of her life as I hadn't got to get that moment as a young child myself.

"The rest is up to me now!" Now that she had slowed down our movements I only needed to figure out how we could land safely.

"Wind pressure is definitely an option, but if I shot directly down at the ground we'll just fly up again. What if...-" An idea started to form in my head.

We were pretty close to the ground now. The red haired girl still had her forehead wrinkled in concentration. I managed to move her over in my arms, still being held back by the strong wind.

I placed my hand in position, ready to use my quirk.

When we were about five meters away from the ground I used one for all to hit the ground at an oblique angle.

The wind pressure pushed us down in another oblique angle, making my feet able to run at the ground to slow us down. The time around us was still going slow, so I somehow managed to run till the power from the fall and wind pressure leaked out.

At the end I pulled the girl close to my chest and rolled around at the ground to make up to stop moving. I had scratches all over me, but apart from that I seemed to be fine.

I opened my arms, first now noticing all the rain dripping down. The girl opened her eyes for a little second before she passed out. That was when the rain went back to slamming down as hard as it had before we fell.

A group of people were running towards us. A woman jumped around my neck hugging me and the girl on my lap.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you..." The woman was crying and sobbing. She picked up the girl in her arms, and hugged me one more time. "Thank you so much sir, you saved my daughter!" Tears were running down her cheeks.

"It was actually her quirk that saved us." I said.

I looked up for a second. It was hard to see the top of the building through the rain, but I could see ice covering a big part of it. It was even ice pillars all the way down to the ground, holding the building up.

"He made it.." I smiled. "I really hope he's ok!" I felt my heart tighten a bit with worry.

"Her quirk?" The only one of the men that had been running against us with normal clothes looked at me after embracing the red haired girl. He had red hair as well.

"Yea, it felt like the time was going slower." I looked up at him. His eyes widened for a second, but then he smiled.

"Yea, that's probably right. My quirk can go back some seconds in time, and my wife's quirk can stop the time for a couple of seconds." He pointed at the woman still hugging the girl.

A new lightning strike hit the ground. I jump up surprised, and then look up worrying for my boyfriend. "Let's go!" A woman in black clothes smiles, and helps the mother up with the child.

Author's note:  First off I hope you enjoyed the little cliffhanger, I had a lot of fun writing it! And I am actually updating according to schedule this time!

Well then secondly, THANK U SO MUCH FOR 2K!!! It makes me so happy that people actually read this! I never thought of my writing as anything good, but I hope u enjoy this!

Shotouts: sicilycatYes_I_Watch_She-RaFoxesGhostIlove_cats109lxndzeixmxxnSleepDeprivedxAnimeOceanxBerryicecreamlamp1

And my best friend/Manager haha IselinDahl, and ofc the lovely and loyal Dawnesguerra