Chapter 12

Author's POV

After the food was served, Namjoon and Seoyeon started to eat slowly and tranquil. To be honest, Namjoon wasn't just doing this to show his appreciation to her, but also because of a favor given by his daughter. The night that Hwayoung was found by Seoyeon, his daughter pleaded Namjoon to take his secretary for lunch. At first, Namjoon wasn't agreeing but Hwayoung was determined, so he ended up with a 'yes' that led him to the place where he is now. A lunch with his secretary.

"How's Hwayoung, sir?" Seoyeon asked politely as she wipes the sides of her lips with the tissue.

"She's fine. It's a good thing that the incident didn't put much trauma in her." Namjoon then placed his utensils down and took something from his suit pocket. "Hwayoung wanted to give this to you personally, but she told me to just hand it to you." He said as he hands a nicely folded paper to Seoyeon, who accepted it with a surprised smile.

However, when she opened it, the smile turned into an unexplainable expression. Her eyes widen and the drawing made her froze.

Seeing her expression, Namjoon grew curious why she is acting like that

Seeing her expression, Namjoon grew curious why she is acting like that. Is there something wrong with what Hwayoung put in that paper? He was told by Hwayoung to not open that paper because it's exclusive for Ms. Park only.

"What's wrong? What's in there?" He curiously asked which snapped Seoyeon back to reality.

"N-Nothing, sir. She just wrote 'thank you' with hearts." She reasoned out with a slight smile while quickly folding the paper and placed it inside her hand bag.

"Oh, I see...." Namjoon nodded, "I can conclude that she adores you so much. My daughter rarely gets close to someone than her uncles and grandparents. You must be special to her." He concluded before drinking the glass of water.

"Hwayoung is a sweet and intelligent girl." Seoyeon smiled, "Pardon me, sir, but I want to inform you about Hwayoung's state in her school." She said while attentively watching Namjoon's reaction.

"Go on," He motioned, so Seoyeon gulped slightly.

"Well, the day I witnessed that she was bullied, I also asked her something regarding to it. She nodded to me when I asked her if that happens often. When I asked her to why she doesn't inform you, sir, she told me that she doesn't want to anger you while knowing how tired you were from work." She said, and Namjoon's heart sank at the thought that Hwayoung opened that topic to someone than him.

"Thank you for informing me about it. Also, thank you for staying by her side that day. I know that it wasn't your obligation to do those things, but I truly appreciate your concern towards my daughter." Namjoon uttered with kindness to her, which made her smile.

'I knew you're not as bad as they say....' Seoyeon thought as she continue her meal.

Glancing at her from time to time as they eat, Namjoon slowly realizes why his brother is so into her. She's attentive and dependable, which undeniably the reason why she stayed longer than the other secretaries before her. She's also kind and caring, but those are just few of her notable traits.