*13

I'm sick of being at home, when are classes starting?

"Please don't tell me you're not thinking about school starting soon because I'll hate you, for real." Jihan said. Is she a psychic or what?

"I'm bored!" I screamed.

"I told you, we should go out!" Yuri said.

"Too hot..." I complained. They must be so frustrated in me right now.

"The heck are we supposed to do with you, Jang Wonyoung?" Jihan complained.

"Don't mind her, Jihan. Let's have fun by ourselves then." Yuri told her.

My ears perked at the fact that they're having fun by themselves.

"Hey! Count me in!" I said.

Yuri told us Yena is planning a beach trip and invited us, as well. It was just me but Yena knew about Jihan's existence, said that she was cute so she can come, too.

"Aww, that Yena is nice." Jihan said.

"Hey! You better not mingle with Yena!" Yuri warned her.

"Yuri, you don't have to worry. Jihan has someone she likes although it's one-sided but you get my point." I joined in the conversation.

"YOU DON'T HAVE TO RUB IT IN!" Jihan exclaimed.

************

The day of our trip came. Yena said she was coming to pick us up at my house since she rented a mini-van so we just have to wait.

"Jihan, will you be alright? I mean, you're literally meeting with strangers." Yuri asked.

"I'll be fine!" Jihan assured.

"She'll be fine, Yul. She's a lot more social than you think. You both literally became friends just after a day of random chat." I told her.

Yuri just shrugged.

A few minutes later, a honk was heard outside the house. Must be Yena.

We dashed outside and saw the van and Yena peeking her head out the front seat window.

"Sorry for making you wait!" Yena shouted.

We went inside and a whole gang literally greeted us.

"Who's that you're with, Wonyoungie?" Hyewon, who's sitting beside Eunbi, asked.

"Hello, I'm Jihan! Nice to meet you all!" Jihan greeted and made their faces bright. She has that power.

I looked around and even Chaewon and Minju are here. I guess they made up already. They were friends to begin with.

Nako and Hitomi were also invited by Chaeyeon. Of course, Sakura is here as well. To sum it all up, it's the entire IZ*ONE.

"Wonyoung! You can sit here!" Yujin called out looking all smiley.

I just passed her seat and sat on the one behind her with Jihan. Yuri sat with her instead.

"Hey!" Yujin looked at me from her chair with a pout.

"Sorry! Jihan might feel out of place." I told her.

************

We finally arrived at the beach. I'm out in the sun!

We immediately settled our stuff at the rest house. As I was searching for my sunscreen, Yujin suddenly talked from behind.

"You're really mean." I looked back at her and she still has that same pout.

"I couldn't help it! I'm Jihan's only friend back there." I told her.

"Right, and now she's literally playing out there with Eunbi." She replied. Why is she being like this again?

"Okay, fine. I'll sit with you on our way back home if that will make it better." I told her.

"Promise?" Her eyes brightened.

"Yes. I promise. Seriously, Yujin." I just laughed at her for being so hung up on sitting together.

I finally got to change into my swimwear. I simply wore a simple bikini top and paired it with cotton shorts and also wore a beach cardigan.

"Wonyoung, you're finally do—" Yujin said as soon as I went outside. She didn't even finish what she said as she looked at me.

Do I look weird? This unnie is looking at me weirdly.

"What? Do I look bad? Should I just change?" I asked.

"N-no! You look alright! Let's go, the others are waiting." She said and walked ahead of me.

Yujin has been weird but she's really weird, right now.

"Yujinnie, you look quite red, are you sick?" Chaeyeon checked up on Yujin and then looked at me.

"Oh, I get it." Chaeyeon said and then whispered something to her.

"IT'S NOT LIKE THAT!" Yujin exclaimed.

"Alright, if you say so."

What the heck am I supposed to say?

I went to where Yuri and the others are.

"Yujin, is there something wrong?" Yuri also asked the Yujin that's acting weird.

"Sheesh. Y'all are so slow. Yujin is flustered because of Wonyoung. She looked way too pretty. Right, Yujin?" Yena joined.

"The heck are you talking about? Just a bit hot." Yujin replied while fanning herself.

"You heard that, Wonyoung?" Yena said and it took me long to realize what Yujin unnie said.

"NO! I MEANT THE WEATHER! HEY, CHOI YENA! WHY ARE YOU MAKING HER MISUNDERSTAND?" And then, off they go running.

We spent the day out in the sun. It was fun since we were 13 people, including Jihan. I even got to talk with Minju and Chaewon again. They told me they were okay with the rest but Yujin was still hard to approach for them.

I walked around the beach alone while the sun was setting. I saw a familiar figure as I was looking around. It looks like Yujin and... A guy?

I didn't know what I was doing but I kept looking at them. They were talking so happily and Yujin was smiling from ear-to-ear. They even hugged each other. I didn't realize how long I was standing there looking at them.

Yujin must've noticed someone was watching and turned to my direction. I immediately walked away for a reason I don't even know. I don't even know what I'm feeling right now. I feel so stupid.

Who was that?

"Wonyoungie! Where have you been? You look out of it? What's wrong?" Jihan asked when I arrived at the rest house.

I didn't answer her and just hugged her.

"Jihannie, I think I might like Yujin." I told her under my breath.

Message from Ahn Yujin

AHN YUJIN
hey where r u???

we're about to eat dinner

are u at the rest house?

i guess ure with jihan since she's not here too

come eat when ur done with ur moment with jihan