*14 // Yujin

We were already gathered in the dining area near the shore when I realized Wonyoung isn't here yet. Seems unusual for someone who loves to eat.

"I'll go and call Wonyoung." I told them.

I tried messaging her while walking to the rest house thinking she might be there.

What greeted me when I got there was Wonyoung resting her head on Jihan's shoulders. She said something but I wasn't able to hear it. Should I interrupt or what?

"Took you long enough to realize. It's fine! I'll be here for you." Jihan told her.

"I just feel anxious. I feel like I might be wanting something that can never be mine." I heard Wonyoung replied.

"You overthink too much. Let's go to the dining area. They're waiting." As soon as Jihan said that, I dashed my way back to the dining area.

I'm really curious what they were talking about but whatever. I just feel unsettled seeing Wonyoung that close with someone else. I know they're just friends but I also want her to rely on me, too.

"Yujinnie, did you call them?" Eunbi unnie asked.

"Ah, yes. They're on their way." I just replied.

Both of them arrived and we started eating. Why do I feel tension?

"Yujinnie, you disappeared suddenly a while ago. Where did you go?" Hyewon asked.

"Oh, if you meant earlier this afternoon, I saw my cousin earlier about a few blocks away. We talked too much since we didn't see each other for years." I told them. I saw Eunwoo earlier before I headed to the dining area, I didn't know I took really long.

I heard Wonyoung choking up on her food. Sheesh, this child. I was about to help her but of course, Jihan was there so I didn't have to. I'm pretty frustrated but I'm in no position to say anything.

After dinner, they all headed back to the rest house while they asked me to buy drinks. Since I am a nice child, I bought drinks for everyone.

"Where's Wonyoung? It's only her drink left." I asked.

"I think she said she was gonna go get some fresh air." Yuri replied.

I went out to go look for her. I could just wait for her but I just chose to go out.

I saw her at the shore, sitting alone. What is she being so sentimental for?

"Hey." I called out to her which surprised her.

"You surprised me." She said as she took the drink out of my hand.

"You're finally alone now." I said.

"What do you mean?" She replied as she took a sip on her drink.

"You were too busy all day long and when I think I can finally approach you, you're with Jihan." Why am I saying this?

"What the heck are you talking about? You could've just talked to me, I'll entertain you, you know." Wonyoung replied.

"Well, not when you both are having a moment by yourselves. You won't expect me to mess with you when I see you all cuddly with someone else, you know." I blurted out. Now you've done it, Ahn Yujin.

"W-wait, you saw? Did you hear anything?" She looked a bit flustered. Cute.

"'I feel like I might be wanting something that can never be mine.'" I copied what she said to tease her.

Her face turned red and she looked really embarrassed. She's too cute.

"So, you didn't hear anything before that?" She asked again.

"Nothing. You can calm down now." I told her and she then let out a sigh of relief. What is it that she is so stern on not letting me know?

"Eavesdropping is not a good habit, you know." She scolded me.

"I wasn't! I just happened to hear, that's all." I told her.

"Wonyoungie, you can talk to me about your worries, too." I added.

She just remained silent. So, I continued talking.

"But, I guess you feel like we're not that close enough yet. So, I'll be bothering you a lot from now on, you better be prepared." I said and pinched her cheeks.

"Aren't you bothering me enough, already?!" She asked while she's caressing her cheeks.

"I don't think so." I just giggled and walked back to the rest house.

************

We're now on our way back home and Wonyoung is really sitting beside me. I thought she was gonna ditch me again.

I was chatting with someone when Wonyoung asked.

"Who're you talking to? You're smiling from ear-to-ear." She must be bored. I made her sit next to me yet I'm ignoring her because I'm chatting someone.

"Oh, it's my recent crush, Kaeun. She's really nice." I told her.

"Ahh, yeah, she must be. You look happy." She just said and looked away.

Wonyoung never talked to me after that. I tried talking to her but she replies in short phrases or just shrugs off. Should I not have mentioned Kaeun? Nah. She's just tired, right?

When we dropped them off, she didn't even bother saying goodbye. What did I do?

"Yujin, did something happen? Wonyoung didn't look good." Yena asked.

"I don't know! I swear, she just suddenly gave me a cold shoulder!" I said, frustration in my voice.

"I heard Wonyoung ask Yujin earlier who she was talking to and this idiot deadass told her it was her crush." Chaeyeon joined in the conversation.

"Why? I just told her the truth! Are you implying she might be jealous? Wonyoung doesn't even like me!" I told them.

"Okay, then. If you say so." Chaeyeon replied.

************

AHN YUJIN
wonyoungieee

Heyyyyy

if u wont reply to this ill immediately assume u are jealous and that u like me

JANG WONYOUNG
hey

AHN YUJIN
|ngl i was hoping u wont reply

u okay?? im sorry i was ignoring u earlier

u must be mad i made u sit with me and then i wasnt talking to you

JANG WONYOUNG
nah its fine

if i was u i wont miss the chance to talk with my crush too

u dont have to be sorry im not that important lol

AHN YUJIN
tell me who ur crush is then so i can help u

|pls dont pls dont pls dont tell me ur crush

Jang Wonyoung is offline.