*8

Message from Yuri

smol joyul
JANG WONYOUUUNG

giant wonyo
JO YURIIIIII

smol joyul
what time u guys arriving? I'll wait

giant wonyo
we might arrive at night tho. u sure you'd wait?

smol joyul
my bestie won her first hs competition!! Ofc id greet personally

giant wonyo
u do know u could greet me on monday ryt?

smol joyul
Wtvr wonyoung im still waiting. besides u owe me souvenirs

giant wonyo
Lmao there it is. The true intention

************

Our journalism competition is finally over. We're on our way home after our school bagged most of the awards. The flex.

"Min, is Yujin also waiting for you at school, right now?" I asked Minju.

"I'm not really sure. She didn't tell me she would. Why?" She replied.

"You know, because you're like lovey-dovey and I was expecting she would take her time to at least welcome you back." I told her.

"Hmm... I guess you want your future lover to do that." Minju teased.

"What are you saying? Before that happens, it will be my brother welcoming me with a sharp glare and hands ready to pinch me back to my senses." I said and shivered.

"Wonyoungie, you're so cute!" Minju just suddenly said, proceeding to pinch my cheeks.

Moments later, our bus already arrived at school.

"JANG WONYOOOOOUNG!" A loud voice surprised me as I went out of the bus.

"Ugh, Yuri! I was only gone for 2 days!" I complained as Yuri squeezed me into a hug.

"Hey! You could at least appreciate a friend who missed you, y'know! By the way, my souvenir?" She said.

"Oh, Nyoung! Congratulations!" Nako suddenly appeared. She's also with Hitomi.

"Thanks, Nabukiii! I bought you both key chains!" I gave them the customized key chains I bought.

I noticed Yuri pouting and eventually gave the souvenirs I bought for her. Now, she's a happy hamster.

I looked around and saw Minju. I knew Yujin was gonna come and see her. She's way too whipped for Minju to not want to see her immediately.

Yuri offered to help me take my stuff home. I brought a lot since the contest venue was like 3-4 hours away via bus from our place.

************
December came in a flash. And since the break is near, like usual, the teachers start to give tons of workload.

"I. AM. EXHAUSTED." Yuri drooped as she was copying notes.

"Seriously, Yuri? You started like 5 minutes ago." Hitomi scolded her.

"Ugh! Why do the teachers always give tons of work right before a 2-week break?" She complained but still proceeded to what she was doing.

"Wonyoung, don't you think this is unfair?" Yuri added and pretended to cry.

"Hey, you could've finished a whole page already if you focused and stopped complaining." I just said.

"Of course. You won't understand me. You are a good student, anyways." Yuri, still being dramatic.

I'm used to her being like this since she literally does this every time.

After class, I immediately went home to finish my schoolworks earlier.

"I'm home!"

"Wonyoungie! You're here! Go change and join us for dinner!" Mom said as soon as I went inside.

I hurriedly joined them since we rarely get to eat as a whole. My mom and dad are busy people, so they usually go home really late.

I got immersed in talking with my family that I almost forgot about my schoolworks.

"Shoot! It's 8 pm. Mom, Dad, let's talk next time, okay? I have so much to do tonight. Love you both." I told them and ran to my room.

After almost 4 hours, I finally finished the schoolworks scheduled for today. Before sleeping, I took my phone to check for messages or whatever.

Minju sent a message a few hours ago?

Message from Kim Minju

KIM MINJU
wonyoung...

Are u busy?

i was hoping u could help me tho

But i guess u're also busy today

what am i gonna do

yujin will probably listen to u

Pls...

looks like u're really busy to check ur phone

sorry for bothering u bb