*9

JANG WONYOUNG
did something happen?

KIM MINJU
We fought

ugh i feel so stupid to rely on someone younger

JANG WONYOUNG
what was it about?

no no its fine. Were friends. U can talk to me about anything.

KIM MINJU
can u pls talk to yujin for me?

i really cant tell u the details rn

but pls stay with her

im such a stupid person. im so sorry wonyoung

JANG WONYOUNG
Min pls dont beat urself up like that :(((

ill go talk to yujin. but i wont be so sure if i could help u both tho

KIM MINJU
thank you wonyoung

************
It's like almost 12 AM, how am I supposed to talk to Yujin?

I tried calling her through Messenger but she was offline. I don't have her number though. wHAT AM I GONNA DO??????

Right at the moment, Minju sent me Yujin's number.

I must be so drained to not think of that. Jang Wonyoung, just wow.

I called the number immediately. It took a few rings before she picked her phone up.

"Hello? Who's this?"

"Hey. Where are you?"

"Can you please tell me first who you are? I'm not in the mood to entertain random people right now."

I froze for a few seconds as I heard her tone. I'm scared.

"Jeez. Calm down. It's Wonyoung."

"Wonyoung? How did you get my number?"

This person is weird. Her tone suddenly changed. I'm scared again.

"That doesn't matter. Where are you?"

"I'm at home. Why?"

Right then, I heard a doorbell sound that seems to be coming from a convenience store with a bit of mumbling noises.

"Liar."

"Why are you even asking? I'm really sure you're interested in me now."

"Whatever. Wait for me."

I hung up. It's a bother but I want to sort things out and help Minju. She's been helping me a lot, I have to return the favor.

I went to the convenience store around the block and there I saw Yujin. I was about to scold her when I saw her swollen eyes.

Just what the heck happened?

"Oh, Wonyoungie. You're really here." She plasters her usual smile, but this time I can tell it's quite forced.

"Why did you call me anyway? You even bothered coming here." Yujin added as she sipped on her soda.

"Why are you out so late?" I asked as i sat.

"Hmm. Fresh midnight air? Our house is just near here, you know." She answered. "You haven't answered me yet and you're asking me already."

"I just wanted to talk. And, I wanted to go out, anyways. I felt suffocated with all the workload." I told her an excuse.  I felt like I shouldn't force her.

"You should've called someone else. Like Yuri or your other friends." She just replied.

"Should I just leave then?" I asked her.

She just stared at me for like 10 seconds, not saying anything.

"I-it's not like that. I just meant that I might not be able to entertain you." She said, looking away.

"Pfft. You can just say you need company. Stop acting all tough and cool." I just rolled my eyes.

At that moment, she smiled. A real one.

We talked for about an hour. I didn't have the courage to ask her what happened. Maybe I should just ask Minju next time.

A sound of a phone ringing interrupted us. It was mine. And I'm dead 'cause it was my brother.

"Who is it?" Yujin must have noticed me getting flustered.

"My brother." She just laughed at me.

I answered the call.

"Miss Jang Wonyoung. Where in the world are you at 1 AM?"

His voice sounded firm and scary. Almost like he's threatening my entire existence.

"I'm at the convenience store. I'm coming home."

"Nope. Stay there."

I was about to stand up but I sat down as soon as I heard him.

"Uhm. Why?"

"Is that your brother? S-should I go?" Yujin said as she took a glance behind me.

"Miss Jang Wonyoung. Are you in your rebellious phase right now to even have the audacity to sneak out at midnight?" A voice from behind gave me goosebumps.

"Y-yes, I'm going home, alright? Did you tell Mom and Dad?" I immediately stood up from my seat.

"Nope. But do this again and I will." He firmly said. He then looked at Yujin unnie.

"May I ask who you are and why my baby sister is with you in this late hour?" He asked.

Yujin spaced out for a few seconds and eventually stood up and greeted my brother.

"Hello. I'm An Yujin. I'm Wonyoung's senior." She said.

"Yujin?" He stopped and thought for a moment then looked at me.

"Wasn't she the one who called the house and told me she was your girlfriend? And you said no? And now, you're out at 1 AM with her?" He attacked with questions.

"Yujin!" I looked at her.

"That wasn't true at all. I was just trying to corner Wonyoung." Yujin explained.

"Satisfied?" I told him.

"Nope. I'll be watching you both. Anyway, before we go home, let's take your Yujin home first." He said.

I was too drained to even continue arguing with him so I just went silent. We took Yujin home and then went on our ways.

"Commended." Seungwoo suddenly said.

"Huh?"

"But, whatever, you're still too young." He just blabbered out of context.