*22

Two months have passed and another interschool journalism competition is happening this year, just right before the semestral break. Like last year, we'll be staying at an accomodation near the venue for three days. This time, Yuri is also chosen to participate and speaking of her, I'm currently at her place because she asked me to help her out with packing her stuff.

She kept on asking me about this and that, what she's gonna need and she's making me so dizzy.

"Yul, oh my god, calm down." I told her as I facepalmed.

"Hey! Don't invalidate me like that! Just because it's your second time..." She pouted which made me laugh.

"I'm not! Don't worry too much about your stuff, I'm going to be there with you!" I told her, still laughing.

"What do you mean? You forgot quite a lot of things last year, you had to buy stuff from a store there!" Yuri reminded me.

"Whatever! Past is past! Just trust me, your club senior!" I shrugged her off confidently, trying to hide my embarrassment.

I continued to help her check off necessities to bring before I went home. It's nice to feel excited about a trip with a friend. Well, although it's not that relaxing of a trip since it's a competition but still. Junho's participating, too.

The day we're leaving arrived and we had to come to school at around 5 AM so we could leave at 6. Yuri said she was gonna come to school together but it's 5 AM and she's still not answering my calls.

After 5 minutes of spamming her messages, I decided to just go. I was silently walking and appreciating the peace of the streets during dawn when I realized someone was calling out to me.

"Wonyoung!!!!" Yujin called as she came rushing towards me with her luggage.

One more thing that had me looking forward to this event is that Yujin was chosen to participate, too.

"So loud already and it's still 5." I told her when she was near me and she just smiled cheekily.

We've gotten closer, well, in my perspective. She's been bugging me unbelievably often and she's been walking home with me almost every day. Not like I'm complaining though, Yujin is fun to be with.

We were just walking when she suddenly held the medium-sized luggage bag I was holding. I only looked at her, confused.

"I know you want to help but I don't think you're in any position to do that." I laughed as I looked at the bags she brought for herself.

"I'm fine, though?" She said. She does look fine but still.

"Yuj, just give it back. Stop being stubborn."

"Nope."

I still tried to get the bag back but she's not budging.

"Wonyoung! I'm fine. Just leave this to me." She laughed.

"No, that's mine so I should hold it myself." I told her. She stopped walking and let go of the bag and acted like she was thinking.

"If something's yours then you should hold it yourself, right?" Yujin repeated what I said.

"Yes." I said and held out my hand to take my bag but then Yujin held my hand.

"Does that mean I should hold you, then?" She said and flashed that cheeky smile of hers again.

I was too flustered to say anything and I was starting to feel my face burning. A few seconds
of realization passed and I took my hand and started walking ahead.

"Hey! Your bag!" I heard Yujin said.

"Whatever!"

I can only hear her laughing behind me. So annoying.

We reached the school with her trailing behind me. I remembered I left my bag with her so I turned back to take it.

"What? You're gonna hold my hand, now?" She asked, wearing that teasing smile of hers.

I swear to God if she doesn't stop, my heart's gonna come out of my chest.

"We're at school now. Care to give me back my luggage?" I told her, acting calm.

She shook her head, in the most adorable way possible, and went ahead. At this point, I should just give up.

"Oh, you came together? That's... cute." Eunbi greeted us, obviously starting a fuss. Her face says it all.

"Morning, Won." Junho greeted. "Morning, Yuj."

Yujin just smiled.

"I thought you were gonna be with Yuri?" He asked.

"Nah. Failed agreement. Yuri's already big enough, she can probably manage."

Right then, Yuri came in, looking like she passed through mountains to get to school.

"Ooh. You made it." Junho said and clapped sarcastically.

"WHY DIDN—" I cut her off.

"Girl, I called you over 20 times. As embarrassing as it is, I even shouted in front of your house but your sleepy ass won't budge." I explained.

"So, did you come here alone?" She asked, looking quite guilty for not being able to stick to our agreement.

"I ran into Yujin so I'm fine. I can handle myself even when I'm alone, anyways." I assured.

As soon as I mentioned Yujin, she immediately wore that teasing look as she glanced at me and Yujin repeatedly. This has been going on for ages now, they just won't let me breathe.

"You look stupid, Yul. Stop that." I told her.

"Okay, okay." She laughed, "But, is there really nothing going on?"

"No. There's NOTHING going on." I heaved a sigh.

About 30 minutes passed and our bus finally arrived.

"Yul, let's sit—"

"Junho, let's sit together!" Yuri said and immediately dragged Junho.

"Wait, wha—OUCH!" Junho let out a series of noises.

I just went inside the bus and searched for empty seats.

"Hey." Yujin called out and tapped the seat next to her.

"Do you prefer the window seat or the aisle one?"

"I'll take the aisle since you sat there first."

"I can move. It's fine."

She moved and offered the window seat. I was left with no choice (I liked the window seat, too) and Yujin can be quite stubborn if I'd argue.

But, that honestly made my heart flutter.

It's always the little things.

************

Message from Naoi Rei

Naoi Rei
Princess~

Jang Wonyoung
hiiii

Naoi Rei
see u later hehe

Jang Wonyoung
huh?

wdym?

Naoi Rei
Heard from Junho btw

im joining the same competition

although we're not in the same category tho hehe

Jang Wonyoung
REALLY?????

OMG

see u then <333