Chapter 1

"There is a reason why stories were made about wolves, and why so many fear us. Though many are surely not true, while ours make you wonder if they are. It takes one tragic event to start a ripple effect to destroy one's view on our kind. The legend has it that Alpha Damian Shaw of Blackhaw Pack is where the stories started of the big bad wolf" Clair started to tell her grandbabies.

"Like the one from little red riding hood?" Lena asks her Nana excitingly.

"The very one sweet Lena" Clair replies.

"What does he look like Nana?" Toby asks looking up to her from the floor where her grandbabies were sitting.

"Well dear child I've never seen him, nor has anyone from our pack. But it's been said from the few that have survived, that he is the biggest wolf of all our kind. His wolf is as big as a bear, towering over normal wolfs like their ants. His fur so black that his prey is unable to see him at night. Eyes the color of obsidian, and it's been said you could see the souls of the lives that he has taken. Alpha Damian is the only known black wolf, and that because of the power he beholds. The color black stands for independent, strong-willed and determined. Alpha Damian radiates Prestige and power like no other. The very reason why he is the most feared Alpha for the past two hundred years. He is an original" Clair explains.

"So cool" Lena gasps in awe.

"Of course you would find this so cool Lena" Kaylie says looking over to her cousin. "How can you find a monster like him cool? He is heartless and gives our kind a bad name" She states annoyed at her. Lena's cousin is only three years older than her, making Lena only seven and Kaylie ten. Though her being so young didn't mean Lena didn't understand right from wrong. Her Nana has been telling her stories since she was three years old, and Lena loved a good scary story.

"Whatever" Lena says rolling her eyes at her goody to-shoes cousin.

"All-righty kids that's enough story time today from Nana. Time get back to your parents" Elliott says to the grandbabies from the doorway earning groans from them all. Lena and her older brother Jay walked home, while the others had to wait for their parents to pick them up. The brother and sister lived right behind the woods from their grandparents, so they were always over to they're estate.

"Race you" Jay shouts to his sister as he takes off.

"No fair Jay you didn't count" Lena whines, but starts running after him. Her brother was just a couple years older than her, and was pretty fast for his age. Jay was soon out of Lena's vison leaving her alone. Lena was so focus on not losing sight of her brother that she didn't pay attention to her surroundings. You would think growing up in these woods Lena would know better to watch out for tree roots that stuck out. Soon enough Lena trips falling on her hands and knees making a thud sound from the impact. Lena was a tough little girl, but dang it if her cut up knee didn't burn. She felt a few tears fall from her eyes as she looked down over her wound. Though she wasn't really crying over her knee, but the fact her red hooded cape her Nana bought for her got ripped. Her Nana bought it for her because she love that story of little red riding hood that she told her all the time. So every time she would visit her grandparents she would wear it. Sighing knowing her wound would heal by tomorrow. She looks up to see if Jay came back for her. 'Great of course he didn't' she thought to herself, knowing she was on her own. She went to stand up when she heard a branch snap making her go still. Slowly she looks to where the sound came from. Only to come face to face with a wolf, and not just any wolf either.

Damian was out taking a run trying to clear his head of new troubles regarding his pack. After hours of running he was ready to head back to his territory, till he catches a scent. Something about this scent was off, and had his wolf wanted to look into it. He didn't want to waste time with such nonsense, but his wolf was urging him to find the location of this scent. The closer he got to the scent the stronger the desire of his wolf to find the source of it became. It was an intoxicating smell to him like an earthy flowery, like roses he thought. Coming to an immediate halt once he found the source of the smell. Just ahead was a little girl in a red hooded cape looking down at her knee. He tilted his head trying to understand the scent that was coming from the child that had his wolf going crazy. Then it clicked! Shaking his head thinking this was impossible, especially after all this time. She's just a child, how could this be. Though wolfs stop aging at 21 till they find their mate, then they slowly age together. But why now? Why after two hundred years did the moon goddess decided to curse him some more? Damian did not want a mate, but that didn't stop his wolf from wanting to protect the little one. Wanting to get a better view of the girl Damian began to make his way towards her. When a tree branch snapped under his paw making the little girl snap her head up. Soon they made eye contact which neither of them broke. He noticed the little girl was not afraid of him, but soon he broke the eye contact when he smelt blood. Damian noticed the little girl was cover her knee, and blood running down her leg. His wolf took control wanting to examine the child's wound to ensure she was okay.

Lena sat there staring at the massive black wolf that was walking towards her slowly. She wasn't afraid of him, but more curious then anything. Once he was directly in front of her she knew it was the wolf her Nana told her about, but his eyes were not black. They were a pretty light glowing grey color that had a dark gray outline. The wolf seemed to look at her curiously before nudging her hand with his snout. Looking down she realized he was wanting to see her wound. She drops her hand to the side as she watches the wolf.

Damian looked over the cut the little girl had on her knee before he began to lick the wound. He knew the saliva from him would help heal the wound within hours. If his wolf wasn't in full control he would have been long gone before approaching the child, but his wolf wanted reassurances that the child would be okay. Helping her heal her wound would put his wolf at ease, and he could get out of there.

"It's you, you're the wolf from the stories my Nana tells us" The little girl spoke as he takes a step back from her. "The big bad wolf" She adds in a whisper, but more in an awe tone. Wondering what the hell she was talking about, he eyes her confusingly. She went to talk some more till she noticed Damian went still. He heard footsteps making their way closer to them. Once sensing the person wasn't a threat to the child, Damian was off the opposite direction not looking back.

For the next week Damian kept replaying that day in the woods in his head. He was wondering what the little girl meant about the stories of this big bad wolf that she thought was about him. What had him more stumped is how she was not afraid, and had a look of admiration. Even his own packed feared him, so why didn't this girl? This made his wolf more protective of her. Though he vowed to never have a mate or ever let her know of him. He would always look after her from a distance to satisfy his wolf. His little red he called her.

Since that day in the woods Lena did not tell a soul of her encounter of the legendary wolf. She doubted anyone would believe her even if she did. Lena thought about him some more, and realized he didn't seem so scary to her. Something about him drew her in wanting to know more about him. If he was this horrible bad ass wolf that had so many fearing him, then why was he so concerned about her wound? She only hoped she would soon run into him again. Then again Lena didn't want to get her hopes up seeing how no one ever really sees him, or if they had they didn't live to tell about it. Though Lena felt deep down that she would never have to worry about him hurting her.

...............................................................................

2/8/16- DID SOME EDITING THANKS TO THOSE WHO POINTED SOME OUT FOR ME! I APPERCAITE IT, AND IF ANYONE ELSE SEES ANYTHING LMK <3

HOPE YOU ENJOY THE STORY