Chapter 28

There was a knock at the door.

"Come in" an frustrated tone calls out.

"Alpha Pierce is here" a feminine scarce voice says carefully stepping into the room.

"Thanks Viola, send him in please" Damian sighs. Viola still had her head down with her long brown hair that fell around her face. "Yes Alpha" she bows and leaves the room quickly.

Seconds later Alpha Pierce walks in shutting the doors behind him. "Alpha Shaw, thank you for meeting with me today" he greets taking the seat in front Damian's desk. "You said it was urgent so what choice did I have" Damian says in a tone that clearly stated he was annoyed with his presents.

"It's the least you can do after your Beta ruined my party" Darren Scuffs.

"I'm guessing you still haven't found your mate" Damian raises an eyebrow truly not caring.

"And how do you presume I would have? Seeing how the party ended so quickly before I even got a chance to start" Pierce says crossing his arms across his chest. "I mean I guess at least someone found their mate" he sighs trying to be dramatic. "I really can't complain too much, it was a very entertaining party if I say so myself. Like one of those romantic movies women love to watch. The guy finds his mate, a fight breaks out, the hero saves his secret love and someone gets killed" he adds chuckling to himself. "Talking about mates, where is Wildcat?" Pierce asks with a big grin on his face.

"That's none of your damn concern" Damian gnarls. "Why are you here" he snaps rubbing his temples, getting a headache.

"Did I hit a sore spot?" Darren muses.

"Pierce, I am warning you! I'm not in the mood"

"Alright, alright" Darren says throwing his hands up in defense.

"So apparently there's been a few vampires that crossed onto my grounds" he starts, and this quickly catches Damian's attention.

"How many" he asks attentive now.

"Not totally sure, but my packed killed three last week, and we kept the last one alive to get some answers. The vile thing is still in one of my dungeons, but I'm not sure how much longer he will live without feeding"

"Has he told you anything?" questions Damian.

"We tried everything we could to get him to talk, but he's not answering" Darren answers shaking his head.

"Why are you coming to me about this?" he wonders.

"Well I know that you dealt with vampires before, so I figured maybe you know how to get him to talk. Find out why they are all of a sudden coming on wolf territory"

Its true Damian has dealt with many vampires in the past, but doesn't mean that he could get this one to answer to him. Vampires are very stubborn creatures when it comes to questioning. They rather die than give any information up. But Damian had a feeling why they might be here though. So he had no problem helping Pierces out in this situation. Though he just hoped his gut intuition was is wrong.

"Ok I'll see what I can do. I can come over tonight if that works for you" Damian offers.

"That will be great! Thank you" Pierce says generally pleased that Damian was willing to help him. Both men stood up and shook hands, just as Lena comes storming through the doors.

"Wildcat! I was just asking about you" Darren beams with a wide grin plastered on his face. Lena just rolled her eyes at him.

"I'm sorry, am I interrupting something?" she asks feeling like an idiot for barging in.