Chapter 55

"sorry mother" Jared sighs rubbing his tired eyes. "You seem winded, would you like anything to drink while Damian fills you in?" He asks.

"Yes well, I rushed right over here. So, I'm a little out of breath. I'm not able to recover like I did when I was younger" she jokes, laughing lightly as the men gave her a humorous smile. "Please, I would like a bottle of water and some hot chamomile tea"

Jared nodes and gave his mother a kiss on the cheek before excusing himself. Claire waited till her son was well out of sight before she spoke to Damian.

"So how much do you-" before Damian could finish his sentence, he felt his ear being tugged. Claire was so fast he didn't see her come at him. Before he had a chance to ask what she was doing, she already had him pulled into an empty room. "What in goddess name-"

"I figure we could use some privacy so you can have a chance to explain yourself" she states in a clip tone. All the years Claire knew Damien, she's never been angry towards him. Not that she's angry now, but more than disappointed in him. Crossing her arms over her chest, she stares at him waiting for him to respond.

"Explain myself for what" Damian questions confused, with he's eyes squinted at her.

"I don't know, maybe it might have to something to do with you being bonded with my granddaughter. I'm not as naive as my son might be at the moment. I know you guys went beyond-" she pauses for a second thinking. "What's the term Blair uses?" she states out loud tapping her chin like she's thinking. "Oh yes, you've guys hit home run"

"With all due respect, Claire, one - I don't understand half the s*** that comes out of that girl's mouth. And second, if you're talking about mine and Lena's personal privacy that we do in our own time. It's really none of your business" he replies trying to hold back he's Alpha tone.

"Well I understand that you are an alpha, and I've always respected you as one. But when it comes to my grandbabies, everything's my damn business. Especially if I'm going to need to prevent a war from breaking out, because you would think a man of your age would know better to use protection especially when your bonded" Claire finally snaps at him.

Claire words hit Damian like a bag of bricks. He sucks in a breath of air as he steps back. Everything she said was running through his mind the fact that she was right and the fact how she even known they used protection or not. But he really didn't want to comment on that, right at the moment. Also, how could he be so careless with her. The idea of Lena caring his pup brought Joy that he's never felt before. There's was also fear inside him, because of the danger that was upon them. He also worried if she would be upset or mad at him for the possibly of being pregnant. She might be of age, but she was still in school. He should have known better, and now realizing what had Jared all whacked out earlier.

"I'm not saying she's pregnant, but there's a possibility from what I've been told from Blair. Plus, the only way bonded mates can get pregnant is-"

"During a full moon" Damian finishing the sentence, and taking a seat behind them.

"Correct, so unless-"

"Honestly I can't recall right now" he answers too defeated before she finishes her sentence.

"Well let's go talk with the pack doctor and see how she's doing" Clara suggested, making her way towards the door. Damian doesn't say anything, just nods and follows her to Lena's room.

They both enter the room hearing laughter. Damien looked up and saw that Lena was sitting up in her bed speaking with her mother. Lena's bright smile grew wider when she saw Damien, and her Nana enter the room. It quickly faded when she saw the stress lines on her mates' face.