Chapter 30

The room seem to go silent for moment as Lena stood there with her mouth hanging open. She was shocked that Damien revealed that to her father before talking to her first. In a way she was relieved that it was finally in the open, because hiding was starting to become stressful for her. On the other hand she was angry that he didn't give her a warning so she could prepare herself for whatever comes from telling everyone. A knock at the door seemed to bring everyone to the present. But, from there time seem to slow as fear creeped over Lena as her father's fist swung back past his head. Not just because he was about to hit her mate, but the fear that Damian might lose it. This isn't how she expected things to go when her family met her mate, but she also knew they wouldn't welcome him with open arms.

The most intensive scream ripped through her like lightening after the crashing of thunder. A powerful magic lashed out from her like sound waves from a live concert. The power was strong to the point her hair was flying around her, and things in the house were rattling. Even a few picture frames that hung on the wall fell to the ground making shattering sound. Everyone in the room were eerily still like wax statues in a museum. They weren't moving do to sudden out burst from Lena. Whatever she just did seem to make them completely immobile. There was no blinking, no breathing, and they were stiff as a board. Lena gasps in a panic as the front door opens revealing her Nana.

"Oh dear, what do we have here" her Nana says walking in, shutting the door behind her. Lena starts to panic as words jumbled out of her mouth not making any sense. "Now, now child. Everything's going to be okay" she reassures.

"Just tell me what happen"

Her calm voice seem to help Lena relaxed a little. Taking a few deep breaths she went on to explain what just happened. Clair smiles slightly at her granddaughter. "Why are you smiling? I don't know what I did! I don't know how long they will be like this!" Lena rambles starting to panic once again.

"It's okay, I will help you" her Nana tells her squeezing her hands in-between hers. "Now help me move your father so he doesn't hit Damien when this magic wears off" she states making her way over were her son stood completely still. "I wish I had this gift when my kids were younger, when they boys would start fighting with each other" Clair jokes, and both women broke out in fits of giggles. Carefully and with much effort Lena slightly repossessions her father. "Now what do I do?" she asks looking over to her Nana.

"It should wear off any-" she started to say as a fist misses Lenas face by inches, connecting with the wall behind her. She yelps in surprise jumping back. Not missing a beat Damian shoves her father back fiercely. Stumbling back and catching his balance her father shakes his head trying to make sense of what just happened. Damien doesn't take a moment to process what just happen. His wolf has taken over because their mate was almost hurt, and all that matter to them was her safety. He pushes her behind him stepping towards her father with his hands balled up in tight fists.

"Stop it! It was an accident" Lena rushes out grabbing on to his arm.

"No! He almost hit you, you've could have been hurt badly" he growls.

"Jared!" her mother's high pitch voice calls out loudly.

"Lena I'm so sorry" her father stumbles out weakly truly looking guilty. He tried to take a step towards her, but Damian blocked her more with his body.

"Damian stop this! It was an accident, plus my father would never purposely try to hurt me" Lena protest trying to get Damians attention. Stepping around him carefully, she reaches up placing her hands on either side of his face. "Damian" she whispers seeing that his wolf is surfaced. The touch of her hands on his skin was like an electric current of sweet bliss running through him.