Chapter 59

Lena's eyes flew as she gasps for air that she felt like she was missing. She was still on the ground, as she could see the flickering stars above her. Tilting her head to her left she could see everyone was still locked hands in the circle. Everyone was still chanting with their eyes closed, and wonder if the ritual failed. Looking to her other side seeing Estella and Damian where also on the ground, but eyes were still close. She didn't understand way her eyes opened, and felt like she couldn't breathe. She went back to closing her eyes thinking she would mess up the ritual by not concentrating like everyone else seemed to be doing still.

"Lena" Estella whisper. "Lena, come. We must hurry" Estella urge. Opening her eyes again Lena looked over to where Estella still laid beside her with her eyes still closed. This ritual was messing with Lena's mind she thought to herself. First, she wakes up while everyone else was still in focus, and now she's hearing things.

"Red" Damian voice calls out. Lena eyes grew larger as she looks past Estella seeing her mate in the same state as her. "Goddess, I'm losing it" she mumbles to herself. "Lena baby, look over here" Damian calls out. Turning her heard to where the voice was coming from. Lena laid frozen with her eyes even wider now. Slowly turning her head back over to the bodies that were next to her. She was quickly off the ground in a panic. "Oh my..." she cried out, but caught her breath when she now saw three bodies laying on the ground. She felt her head spinning, heart racing, and tears filling her eyes. The ritual didn't work, and she was dead. A sob escapes her lips knowing she never see her mate again, or her family.

"Lena baby, I need you to snap out of it and turn around" Damian urges. Just hearing his voice had Lena spinning around and looking for him in a frantic. Just behind where everyone stood in the circle with their hands still locked together, she saw Estella standing next to her mate. Without hesitation she quickly runs over to where they stood, jumping over a set of locked hands. Before she knew it, she leaping in to Damian's arms burying her face in the crook of his neck letting out a sob.

"Red, why are you crying" Damian asks hold her tight, not like seeing her this way. Before she could speak Estella spoke up. "Lena, we are not dead or anything. This is just side where the dead and other supernatural beings roam freely" she explains.

"We are not dead?" Lena asking to get a confirmation.

"Of course not baby, is that why you are so upset?" Damian confirms and questions at the same time. Not trusting her voice, Lena just nods wiping her face with the back of her hand.

"I'm sorry Lena, I should have explained what you would except during the ritual" Estella apologizes.

"It's okay" Lena says with a small smile.

"We should get going" Estella says looking at the both of them.

"Lead the way" Damian says stepping to the side with Lena still in his arms. Estella smiles giving a nod as she walks past them. Damian places a kiss on top if Lena's head before slipping his hand into hers and following behind Estella. All three walked through the woods that Lena recognized from the real world, and had so many questions running through her head. But knew it really wasn't the time or place to do so, and just hope she would remember this when they are back to reality.

"Here we are" Estella says breaking Lena's haze. She watched as Estella stood between two large rocks with her hands up chanting in another language. Soon there was a white glow that appeared between the two rocks that were almost blinding. "Take my hand, and don't let go till we are fully through the portal" Estella instructed. Lena didn't waste anytime place her hand into Estella's, while Damian held onto hers tightly. Estella was the first through the bright portal, following Lena and Damian. Once all three of them where through the portal Estella gave Lena a reassuring smile before letting go of her hand. Lena was in awe with her surroundings as she roamed her eyes around the area. It was light she stepped into a fantasy dream world of Greek mythology. From the large white marble pillars, stone sculptures, healthy breathtaking flowers, and trees. It was so peaceful with a refresh feeling.