Chapter 46

What are you supposed to do

When the darkness must have you

Nothing can kill the vile beast

It has no remorse, the very least

the deathless leader with a set mind

destroying anything that crosses his line

a lifeless nightfall soon to come

Don't bother trying to run

For you're the chosen one

don't die before you have a chance to wake

know your heart isn't his to take

put a silver knife deep in his chest

time to put this nightmare to rest

must save yourself, and those you love

find the answer behind the weeping willow

soon it will be time to wake from this sleep

don't let this demon get a chance to flee

there in the castle

so dark, and deep

where not even

the loudest cries can seep

is where you'll end

if the master is to win

Lena snaps her eyes open, covered in sweat and breathing heavily. The rate she was breathing, you would have thought she just got done running a marathon. There was heaviness on her chest that didn't help get her breathing under control.

Tilting her head to the side to see her mate was still in a deep sleep. Even though his face was away from her. She still could tell that he was in a heavy sleep. She was thankful for that, because he would only fuss over her. Then again, he did have her securely under his arm, which kept him at ease. There was no denying that she loved his need to keep her save. There were so many memories from growing up that started to come back to her. Even though he tended to keep his distance from her when she was younger. He always seemed to let his protectiveness get the better of him.

~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~

3 years ago:

"I can't believe we fall sleep for that long" Blair whined.

"Ugh, I know!" Lena agrees sitting up from her spot on the blanket. "At least this time the sun is still out" she adds watching her cousin scan her phone.

"Yeah true, but we are still going to hear it when we get back to nanas. You know they been planning this big family dinner" Blair says huffing.

"I guess, but how can we help it? Just look at that view we get to look at anytime we want, and with this beautiful weather" she states feeling relaxed. They both took a moment to look ahead where a very still crystal clear lake took place. They always came to that spot on the weekends when they weren't busy. It was located half a mile from their Nanas house. It was always peaceful, sometimes to peaceful but never crowed. Rarely anyone from their pack would be there. At least it seemed that way when they would go. Not that they cared really. They like having this area to themselves. Many times, they get so relaxed and end up sleeping the day away. It has gotten them into trouble in the past, but now their families knew where to look for them.

"We better get going" Blair pipes up.

"Yes, you go ahead and I'll grab this stuff" Lena offers.