0.3

After a celebratory dinner with her father, Andy headed home for some much needed sleep. The air was cold against her bare arms as she skated home. Her dad had went to the dojo, leaving Andy to go home alone.

By the time she got there, it was dark. On the door was something tapped. An envelope?

Setting her board against the wall, Andy yanked the envelope off the door and opened it up.

I know I missed 10 years of your life, and this can't make up for it. But I hope you will give me a chance. I want to get to know my daughter again.

Love, mom

"You haven't earned the title of mom." Andy mumbled to herself, glancing into the envelope again. Growing confused, she reached in and grabbed the key inside. It was a car key.

Clicking the lock button, a car beeped back in the ally. Walking closer, Andy found a black BMW waiting for her.

"You're fucking kidding me." She whispered, laughing slightly in shock. Walking over and opening the door, climbing inside. The car was brand new, and especially clean. There was another note on the rear view mirror.

This can't make up for 10 years of loss, but it's a start.

Andy ran her hands across the material, giggling to herself. Quickly getting out her phone, she dialed the first person she thought about.

"Andy-"

"Come outside right now."

"What?"

"Come outside! Now!" Andy squealed and hung up the phone grinning like a fool.

It only took a minute or two for Miguel to come around the corner, spotting the girl inside the car.

"What are you doing?" He looked confused.

"My mom is trying to buy my love, look at this thing." Andy got out and shut the door, looking at the car in awe.

"Wait-your mom?" He looked at her.

"Right...yeah my mom is back. She showed up at the tournament." Andy glanced down at her hands. "Shes got a husband, and...and a daughter."

"Are you okay?" Miguel asked hesitantly.

"I don't know, Diaz. I really don't. And honestly right now I want to forget everything and go on a ride in this thing so are you in or not?"

Miguel smiled softly, nodding and climbing into the passenger side. Andy got in the drivers and turned on the car, allowing it to rev to life. It was beautiful.

"Oh my god." Andy squealed in excitement. Miguel smiled fondly at her.

Pulling out of the lot, Andy sped down the road. The thing had quite a bit of speed to it, and it made her laugh in excitement.

"You know it's a convertible right?" Miguel asked.

"What?!" Glancing up, sure enough it was. So she found and clicked the button that would bring down the top, letting the window blows through them. The two of them ended up at the restaurant where everyone was celebrating.

"Andy! Miguel!" Their friends shouted in excitement.

"Hey guys." Andy smiled lightly.

After a few minutes of talking, Miguel walked off to go get a drink and Andy sat down in between Demetri and Aisha.

"So spill, you and Miguel?" Moon smirked.

"Oh uh, no there's nothing there. I just broke up with my ex I'm not really ready for something new." Andy gave a tight smile.

"Aw. Well when you are ready you and Miguel are perfect for each other. And whoever that ex of yours is, he's a real idiot." Moon grabbed her hand and squeezed before going back to what they were talking about.

Andy couldn't find it in her to hate the girl. She was so sweet and apparently clueless to her and Hawk's relationship. So she just smiled at her and struck a conversation with Demetri. Eventually they began to wonder where Miguel had gone off to and went to find him.

"El Serpiente, there you are." The three approached him.

"This is how you celebrate a first-place trophy?" Aisha asked sarcastically.

"She blocked me." Miguel said simply, a sad look on his face.

"So what happens when you get blocked? You counterpunch." Hawk said simply. "Except maybe don't actually hit her this time."

Andy made the decision to kick him under the table.

"What? Too soon? Look, all I'm saying is don't give up." Hawk said simply.

"It's no use. I blew any shot I had with her." Miguel pouted. Andy wanted so bad you get up and run. Him talking about Sam was a thousand times more easy before he kissed her willingly.

"Excuse me." She whispered, walking away towards the bathrooms

"Just give Sam some time. She'll come around." Aisha tried to comfort.

"Or she won't. You're the champ now. You can get any chick in the Valley you want. You're like Drake. Enjoy it." Hawk grinned. Unknowing to them, as he got up he went to check on the black haired girl.

"Andy?" He knocked on the door. "You okay?"

"Yeah. I'm good." the girl yelled in return. "be out in a minute!"

He wanted to say more, but not to her. Walking back to Miguel's table, He sat down.

"Alright what's up with you and Andy?" He immediately asked.

"What are you talking about?" Miguel sighed.

"The kiss at the tournament?" Hawk looked at him like he was stupid.

"That...I don't know. I really like Sam but I guess some feelings for Andy are still there. They're making me act out." Miguel sighed.

"Well control it." Miguel looked surprised at the hard tone of his voice. "Andy is a wonderful girl who's been pinning after you since you moved here. Quit messing with her feelings by kissing her one second and talking about Sam the next. I already made my mistake and lost her, don't you do it too." He went to stand. "And if I find out you break her heart, I'll crush your skull with my bare hands."

With that, Hawk went back to the table that he originally was at.

"Everything okay?" Moon asked as he sat down.

"Good yeah." Hawk nodded. Andy came out of the bathroom and walked over to her friends.

"Who wants to see the new ride?" She smirked. She didn't plan on telling them where she got it, just showing them the car.

After convincing Miguel to come outside with them, the six friends had fun riding around in Andy's new car. They sped and screamed and threw their hands up.