1.7

On Andy's way home, she called Aisha. The girl frantically explained that nobody ever found out who trashed Miyagi-Do as Kreese told them "If one of you makes a move, you all make a move." Andy was heavily upset by this. She really wanted to know who did it. She also explained Kreese's lesson about mercy. How he almost made Tory hit Mitch again because the fight isn't over until you enemy can't get up anymore. Luckily Miguel stepped in and stopped it, reminding the students that this wasn't what Johnny was teaching them. And he was correct. She felt pride swell inside of her at the thought of him defending her dad.

By the time she got home, it was growing dark. After receiving a text from her dad that they stopped at a bar then they were going somewhere without service, she told him she loved him and told him to tell the others the same. That meant Andy was alone for the night. She didn't much know what to do.

She finally decided to text Lucas after a half hour of debating.

Lucas

Hey! it's Andy. Sorry it took so long to text I was driving.

The girl waited a whole 20 minutes before sighing. It was obvious he wasn't going to text back. Deciding to brush it off, the doorbell suddenly rang.

Andy let out a huff, sitting up and walking towards the door. It was probably Kreese wondering where her dad was. Looking through the peephole, Andy tensed up. Tory was shifting nervously on the other side of the door, glancing back at Miguel's door sometimes.

Andy had a quick mental debate. She was obviously upset with Tory, but at the same time she needed a friend. Aisha was never one for talking about boys and Tory was. She knew that in some way she would have to forgive her.

So she decided to open the door. Tory looked surprised that she actually did, but quickly straightened herself out.

"Hey..." The blonde trailed off.

"Hey." Andy simply said. "What's up?"

"I was hoping we could talk." She shifted, cracking her knuckles out of nervousness. Andy huffed out a breath of air.

"Sure." She motioned her inside. Tory nodded and quickly walked inside. Andy locked the door behind the two.

It was a few moments of awkward silence. Neither knew where to start.

"I'm sorry, I really am." Andy glanced up in surprise at her sudden words. "I'm not even 100% sure how it happened. Honestly I was trying to get his mind off of Sam for you and then it turned into something else and then I realized I actually liked him. I didn't even realize how that would affect anyone else until Miguel called me in tears because you said you wanted to end the friendship. Since then I've been trying to come up with a reasonable explanation but there isn't one. I really don't want to lose you as a friend, Andy." Tory looked wrecked. The girls had gotten close in their short time as friends. Tory felt terrible for betraying her like she did. Andy spent a few moments in silence, not really knowing what to say.

"I don't want to lose you either, Tor. That doesn't change the fact that you knew how I felt..." Tory looked down in shame. "But I also have to take in the consideration that Miguel likes you and not me, so I need to stop. I need to stop having a little fantasy inside my head. You guys are happy together and that's all that matters. I don't want to be friends with him at the moment so I can get over him completely. I still love him as my friend and care for him but I can't handle that right now. You're not losing me Tory, I forgive you."

The blonde was almost jumping for joy. Quickly wrapping her arms around the black haired girl, Andy laughed at her excitement.

"Thank you Andy." She whispered. "Nothing like this will ever happen again."

"I believe you." Andy whispered back. The two girls broke apart and actually started talking like friends. Andy even talked about Lucas.

"SHIT LUCAS!" The girl darted out of the living room the two were sitting in and into her room. She dived onto her bed, Tory not far behind. Sure enough there was a text.

Lucas

Hey you're good! Glad you got home safe! I just finished wiping tables off sorry lol

The two girls spent the next hour and a half together laughing and talking. Tory gave her endless advice on how to talk to Lucas, only a little flirting to begin with. Eventually Tory had to go home and Andy was left alone again. She felt like a weight was lifted from her shoulders. Her and Tory were good. That was a relief.

Lucas and Andy talked all night. It was almost 1am by the time Lucas called it a night. Andy felt like a giddy child. She loved talking to him.

She fell asleep with that thought on her mind, Miguel not in sight.

She was woken at 9am to a phone call. At first she considered declining it, until she saw it was her dad.

"Hey! How is everyone?" She answered quickly. There was a long pause of silence on the other send. A cold feeling washed over Andy. "Dad?"

"I'm sorry, kid. He died in his sleep."

Andy expected it, but that didn't prepare her for the actual words of it. Tommy had died peacefully in his sleep. It hurt to hear. The man she considered a second father was gone for good. She would never get to hug him again or ask him to go to the next All Valley like she planned to.

Silence engulfed the two. Neither spoke and neither needed to. Just being on the phone gave the other comfort. Eventually, Johnny had to drive back and told her he would be home soon. He then hung up, leaving the girl to her thoughts.

According to her dad they had to go to the police station and give a statement about what happened. After that it would take quite a few hours for them to get home. So she was alone for the day.

Noon rolled around. Andy didn't move from her bed. She knew she had Karate at noon, but didn't want to go. So she moved from her bed for the first time in three hours to grab her phone.

Kreese

Is it okay if I skip karate today? The friend who dad and I went to visit yesterday died last night and I'm not feeling up to it

Yes of course. Call if you need anything until your father is home.

Kreese could be nice when he wanted to be. He seemed to try and take on the "grandpa" roll. She understood in a way, Kreese was like a dad to Johnny and Johnny was like Kreese's son, so it was only natural that Andy was his "granddaughter". That did not mean Andy liked him. In fact, she was a little afraid of him.

Putting her phone back down, the girl curled into a ball and decided not to move for a while. She couldn't even cry. She felt numb inside really. All she wanted in that moment was someone to hug her, but nobody was there to do it.

The doorbell rang, but Andy couldn't find the energy to get up and go get it. It was probably Carmen. If she really wanted in, she knew where the extra key was.

Then someone knocked again 15 seconds later. After knocking three more times, Andy realized whoever it was wasn't going to stop. So she slowly sat up. She really didn't want to, but it might have been someone important.

Dragging herself towards the door, Andy didn't even look through the peephole before opening it up. She paused seeing someone she didn't want to see.

"Miguel?"