0.5

Andy was ready to explode by the time she got home. She needed to talk to someone about everything. But she had no one really.

"Hey sweetheart! What are you doing home?" Andy almost melted at the sweet voice of Carmen.

"Oh uh, the boys and Aisha went to Hawk's to watch a movie dad made them. I've seen it more times than I can count so..." Andy trailed off.

"Are you okay? You look stressed." Carmen walked closer.

"I am, but I'll be okay."

"Yeah no, You may not be my real daughter but you're close enough. Come on, come tell us while we eat ice cream like the gossip woman we are." Carmen smiled and wrapped an arm around the youngers shoulder, leading her to the apartment across the way. Rosa was ready to hear some drama.

After Rosa got three small containers of ice cream from the freezer, the three woman sat down to talk.

"What happened honey?" Carmen asked, eating a spoonful of ice cream.

"Well first, I went to the party the other night? Yeah well I caught my boyfriend staring at another girl, got mad and ignored him for half the night. When I felt bad I went to find him and found him kissing someone else." Andy furiously explained. Her shoulders already felt lighter at the words.

"Oh my. What a pussy." Rosa shook her head. "Real men are loyal." She nodded. Andy nodded in agreement.

"I'm sorry honey." Carmen smiled softly.

"I'm almost over it now. But...then...I don't know if I can tell you this." Andy sighed. How was she suppose to tell them about Miguel? That was Carmens son and Rosa's grandson.

"Is it about the kiss at the tournament?" Carmen asked, looking suspicious. Andy sighed.

"Yeah...the night of the party I brought him home and he kissed me then. The next day at the tournament he did it again and I don't know, I thought maybe he liked me? But nope, it's all about Sam..." Andy huffed in annoyance.

"Never liked her." Rosa mumbled, making Andy snicker.

"I guess I'm just there to make Sam jealous, huh? We haven't even talked about it! I just want to know why he keeps leading me on only to yank himself back." Andy sighed in irritation.

"Honey if there's one thing I know about Miguel is that he's never the smartest cookie. He likes you, he's just a little blind right now." Carmen simply explained.

"Yeah right. I was way in over my head thinking he would ever be interested in me. I just wish he would tell me." The girl sighed, eating another bite of ice cream. It hurt, knowing she got played. "And now my moms back."

"Your mother is what?" Rosa set down her ice cream. She looked absolutely furious. She was the one who hated her the most. She thought her mother was a bitch for abandoning Andy the way she did, choosing drugs over her own child.

"Yep. She wants a relationship with me after 10 years. She's got a husband, and a kid, and all this money." Andy said sarcastically in a snooty tone.

"Oh no, we will go beat her with shoes." Rosa went to stand only to be stopped by Carmen. "What? This woman thinks she can walk in and become her mother again? We have been better mothers than she ever will be!"

"I know mama, but we can't just go beat her." Carmen sighed. "Listen to me, Miguel will come around. He's a little blindsided by that Sam girl but he'll soon realize what's right in front of him. And as for your mom, I understand it's been a long time since you saw her and you're upset with her, but she's your mother. I'm not saying forgive her, I'm saying give her a chance to prove herself."

"I hate how good you are at this mom thing." Andy laughed and reached over to hug the woman. This is what a mom should feel like. She should hug you when you're down and give you advice and be there for you. Andy felt loved in that moment.

"Hey mom, Andy said she was going home two hours ago but she's not home and she's not answering her phone. So now I'm worried and-" Miguel cut himself off seeing the girl he was talking about on his couch. "Never mind." Andy let out a laugh.

"Did you try calling me?" She pulled her phone from her pocket and turned it on. Sure enough, three missed calls from him. "Sorry."

"It's okay, just wanted to make sure you were safe." Andy smiled at that. "Come on."

"Go." Carmen gentle shoved her in the direction that Miguel was walking, to his room. Andy hesitated but followed anyway. Last time she was in this room alone with him they made out drunkenly.

"What's up?" She asked as the two entered the door. She shut the door softly behind her but stayed close in case she needed to run out.

"You've been avoiding me." He sighed, sitting down on his bed. He looked sad, disappointed.

"Avoiding you? Diaz, I cried in your arms today."

"You know what I mean. You stopped texting me. You stopped coming over as much. You just stopped." Miguel looked at her seriously. Andy looked at him like he was stupid.

"You're seriously asking the reason behind that?"

"Yes I am."

"Seriously? Fine. That night after the party you kissed me. Which okay, we both had been drinking, you a lot more than me, so whatever. But then a few days later you did it again. This time sober and at your own free will. I'm sorry that gave me a little hope that maybe you had some sort of interest in me. Now you're obsessing over Sam? I'm sorry, Miguel, but I refuse to be a rebound and I refuse to be used."

Miguel sat for a good few minutes. He didn't speak he didn't move. Andy thought maybe she broke him.

"I didn't mean it like that." He finally spoke. "I actually do like you, I just like Sam more."

Ouch.

"I can't tell you why I kissed you the second time, because there's no reason. I thought about what it would be like to do it sober and in the right state of mind and so I did it. I tried not to mention it after that because I didn't want to tell you that there was no reason behind it. I'm sorry, Andy, I am."

Andy was in pain. He had gotten her hopes up only to rip them away. She seriously considered leaving in that moment. But what good would that do? Leaving would only mean that she would lose her best friend. Plus he did look sorry. He looked desperate almost, like he was afraid she was going to leave and never come back. Sighing, she nodded.

"Okay."

"Okay?"

"It's whatever. Put it behind us." She shrugged. What else was she suppose to do? Miguel liked Sam more than he would ever like her.

"Really?" He stood up eagerly. Andy nodded. He jumped for joy and wrapped the girl in his arms. "I missed you."

"I missed you too."