1.3

Andy did not want to go to early karate practice the next morning. Her head was pounding like crazy as she got dressed.

"Here. Best hangover recipe." Her dad held out three glasses. All three woman grabbed one, eager to drink it. It tasted terrible, but it did make her stomach stop churning.

"Thanks dad." Andy said in a strained voice, setting the glass down. "Drinking is so fun until you puke."

"I didn't puke until this morning." Aisha commented.

"I got up in the middle of the night and puked." Tory muttered.

"I puked when I went to go find out why Miguel was here." Andy sighed. "I still taste it." She cringed.

"Don't do mints, the tastes mix and it's terrible." Johnny immediately said, cringing. He then walked out, calling out that practice was in an hour.

"Come on." Andy grabbed her keys. "Let's go get coffee before practice."

The girls agreed and got up, groaning at their headaches. Andy quickly grabbed her sunglasses before she went outside, knowing the sun was going to blind her completely.

"Hey, how you feeling?" Andy glanced over at Miguel, who was smirking at the three.

"I'd drop kick you if I had the energy." The girl huffed. Miguel laughed at her.

Eventually the girls were energized enough to make it to the dojo and get ready for practice. Her dad laughed at her as she almost tripped over a mat and got a middle finger to the face.

"The back thrust kick works like this." Johnny started. "You step, pivot, throw a side kick." He demonstrated.

"What if your opponent attacks you from behind?" Hawk asked.

"Excellent question." Johnny nodded. He paused for a moment before looking at Kreese. "Sensei Kreese, you wanna take this one?" Kreese looked surprised at the sudden question.

"Certainly, Sensei Lawrence." Kreese walked towards the middle. Andy felt uneasy about this.

"You sure about this, sensei?" Miguel asked Johnny.

"There's nothing to worry about." Johnny immediately reassured.

"The key to this move is making your enemy thing you are retreating. But just as they let their guard down, that's when you strike the hardest." Sensei Kreese demonstrated the kick once more. Andy still felt uneasy about this.

Another two weeks passed. Andy was living her best life. She met up with her mom a few times, still yet to officially meet Derek and Nicole and spend any time with them. She went to Karate practice everyday. And she had the most amazing friends. Hawk and her were on decent terms for the time being, talking but never outside of class or when not hanging out as a group. Miguel and Andy had yet to talk about them. They still flirted like crazy and things but they never officially talked.

But today, today was Andy's birthday. Her 16th birthday. For once everything was going okay, and she wanted to keep it that way.

She woke up to her phone blowing up. Most of it was friends from karate, saying happy birthday. A long paragraph from Tory and Aisha, a loud and obnoxious voice message from Demetri, and a missed call from her mom with a voicemail.

Andy laughed as she scrolled through and answered all the messages, even sending Demetri a loud and obnoxious voice message of her own. She called her mom back and the woman told her happy birthday, and that she would give her her gift later on that night.

Leaving her bedroom after quickly dressing, Andy was shocked to find not only her dad home, but the Diaz family as well. Rosa and Carmen seemed to be taking advantage of their rarely used kitchen while Miguel tried to teach Johnny a video game.