2.7

Andy felt like she couldn't breathe once Miguel's body disappeared from sight. He was falling over the railing.

Before anyone could stop her, she darted over and landed harshly against the cold railing. Her hand flung out and a small cry left her lips as his fingertips brushed hers but she was too late to grab him.

"MIGUEL!" Andy screamed out, unable to do anything else. Everyone went completely silent in that moment, and everything seemed to move in slow motion. Miguel's eyes didn't leave Andy as he fell, and she made sure never to move her gaze from him.

The crack that rang through the air when Miguel hit the railing was something Andy would never forget. That noise would ring around her head forever, never able to forget it.

"MIGUEL!" Andy screamed again, ignoring the pain in her body as she soared down the stairs. She had to get to him, she had to help. She had to do something. He wasn't moving and Andy couldn't tell if he was breathing.

"Robby, what did you do?" For the first time, Andy looked up at her brother. He looked back at her and the two made eye contact.

The pain that shined in her eyes was something he never wanted to be the cause of. She was in pain because Miguel was, because Miguel was hurt. He had done that, he had hurt Miguel.

He was the cause of her pain.

Andy snapped her head back down to Miguel and kneeled down next to him, not knowing how to help. A security guard ran over and felt his pulse, announcing that there was one. Andy's relief flooded through her, Miguel was alive. But for how long?

It wasn't until the ambulance arrived that she broke. Screams and cries and wails left her lips. A body wrapped its arms around her quickly, careful of her arm. She couldn't even process who it was. All she could see was the stretcher, and Miguel. Her eyes didn't leave Miguel until they had to.

"We need to check her arm." The words were muffled, as if she was underwater. "She needs to calm down."

"Andy. Andy look at me." The body holding her turned her around the face them. Andy's vision was blurry, but she could recognize the red mohawk anywhere. "They're trying to take you to the hospital, okay? You're going to the same place Miguel is, you can go but you have to calm down in order to do it. You gotta breathe."

It took a long while. Andy's mind kept flashing to Miguel, to his beat up face and the loud crack that couldn't seem to stop echoing in her head. But eventually, her sobs calmed down and she was only left with her shaking body.

And a screaming heart.

Andy must of blacked out, because the next thing she knew she was getting a cast on her arm and the bright white lights of the hospital were hurting her eyes.

"ANDY?! ANDY!" It was her father who darted in right as the doctors finished up her cast. "Oh god what's wrong with her?"

As the doctor explained her broken elbow, Andy did her best not to break down again. Her mind was only filled with Miguel. Was he okay? Was he dead? Was he alive?

The doctor finally walked away, and Johnny turned his attention towards his daughter.

"Hey kid-"

"Please please tell me he's okay." Andy couldn't help but beg. Tears were falling once again, and her whole body was shaking. "Please tell me he's okay, daddy, please."

Johnny's face fell. He had been with Carmen over in the ICU before he found out Andy was here too.

"I'm sorry, kid." That's all Andy needed to let out a big cry and fall into her father. He was the only thing holding her together, the only thing keeping her from losing her sanity completely.

"I should of stopped him." She sobbed, unable to do anything else. "I should of stopped Robby before he did it."

"Nono. This is not your fault, okay?" Johnny gently rubbed Andy's back. "You're okay, alright? and Miguel is gonna be okay."

He didn't necessarily know if that was true.

The doctors let Andy go a few hours later. She didn't hesitate to run down to see Miguel. Carmen and Rosa were in the waiting room.

"Andy?" Rosa spoke, seeing her.

"I know you probably don't want to see me right now but please can you tell me anything?" The girl begged, her voice scratchy and croaky from crying.

"He's getting scans and x-rays done now." Carmen sniffled, obviously upset. "Come here, honey."

Andy's body fell into Carmens, relieved to find out Miguel was alive but also relieved to know Carmen wasn't mad at her. Her whole body was shaking.

"I'm so sorry I couldn't help him." Andy whispered, her face tucked into Carmen's shoulder.

"I know you would of if you could of." Carmen whispered, her body rocking the girls back and forth. At that moment, they both understood the others pain. Andy was losing the love of her life, while Carmen was losing her son.

Andy didn't move from the hospital for the whole night. How could she have? Not when the best thing that ever happened to her was dying on a table.

Once Johnny figured she was staying with Carmen and Rosa, he knew she was safe and protected. So he left the hospital and left Andy there.

Andy was a mess. Nobody was returning her calls. Not Tory, not Robby, not Aisha, nobody. So she resorted to her last call.

"Mom?"

"What happened? What's going on at your school?" Vanessa asked frantically on the other line. The woman was at work when on the TV it started talking about West Valley high. Then it showed a boy who had gotten thrown off a railing. She was about to call Andy when Andy called her.

"Mommy...I need you."

The phone hung up before Andy could say more. She curled into a ball on the chair and just sat, not moving or speaking. She knew Carmen and Rosa would tell her if anything new happened to Miguel.

"ANDY! WHERES MY DAUGHTER?" Andy's head looked up and spotted the frantic figure of her mother, running through the halls. She was in expensive clothing, meaning she had been at work when Andy called.

"Mom!" Vanessa choose not to mention that this was the first time Andy has ever called her that. It was always Vanessa never mom. Instead, she wrapped her arms around her daughter and held her close.

That's all Andy needed in that moment.