0.7

After her and Miguel went and got some food, Andy dropped him off at home and went to work for the evening. She had to train the new girl apparently.

"Hey, are you Tory?" The girl with half blonde hair looked up from her phone. She was pretty, really pretty. If Andy wasn't so hung up on Miguel, she might of asked the girl if she was bi like her.

"Yes thats me." She stood up and smiled at the girl.

"I'm Andy, I'll be training you tonight." Tory nodded with a smile. Andy motioned for the girl to follow her to the back room.

Andy spent the entire night with Tory. The girl was a fast learner and good on skates, which was good. She was nice, and Andy liked her. During their break, the two got to know each other over a basket of fries and two sodas.

"I'm homeschooled mostly." Tory admitted after Andy asked why she had never seen her around. "But my mom said I can go to public next year."

"Really? What school?" Andy asked, eating another fry.

"West Valley."

"That's my school! I could totally introduce you to my friends!" Andy grinned.

"Awesome!" Tory grinned, looking excited. "I don't have many friends. It's mostly all work for me."

"Well you just gained one. You know, my dad runs this karate dojo-"

"Cobra Kai karate? I saw it at the All Valley." Tory nodded. "The champion, Miguel? So cute."

"Yeah...that's my best friend." Andy smirked to herself. She wasn't jealous, Miguel was cute.

"You get to see that everyday?" Tory looked surprised and impressed.

"Girl, I sleep in the same bed as that sometimes." Tory gave her a high five for that. "Anyway you should totally consider joining. First lessons free, after that you gotta pay."

"You can't get me a discount?" Tory joked.

"Sorry girl, you're paying my water bill."

The two got along good, and Andy was happy to have another friend. They exchanged numbers at the end of their shifts and Andy even offered her a ride home.

"Holy shit. This is yours? How loaded is your dad?" Tory looked surprised, running her hand across the sleek black material.

"He's not. This is a 'please-forgive-me' present from my mom whos been absent for 10 years." Tory nodded in a 'fair' sort of way. She did enjoy the ride home though with the top down.

When Andy got home, she sent a quick text to Miguel upon his request. He always liked knowing when she got home after a late shift. When she walked inside, her dad looked up from his position on the armchair.

"Why are you home later than you should be?" His tone held authority. That was something new. Despite being her father, Johnny never did punish his daughter or yell at her for small things. If he knew where she was he was fine. He never cared what time she came home.

"I drove the new girl home from work." Andy simply explained, setting down her bag and going to the kitchen for something to eat.

"I didn't appreciate you yelling at me earlier." She heard him get up. She paused for a moment.

"Yelling?" She turned towards him with a raised eyebrow. "Dad that wasn't yelling. If you wanna see yelling I can yell?"

"The point is, I'm your father and you should respect me."

"I do respect you. What I don't respect is you changing your attitude just because Kreese is around. Do I need to remind you that he choked you in a parking lot for losing a match he made you lose? He's a bad person, I can't believe you let him in the dojo." Andy shook her head, pulling a pan down from the cabinet to make some mac and cheese.