1.9

Riding in Andy's car was Hawk, Aisha, Tory, and Miguel. Andy was quite reluctant on Miguel but after his whole "You're still my best friend" thing, she couldn't say no. But Hawk rode up front. He could never control his anger around Miguel when he was with Tory too. Especially since Tory seemed to be unintentionally rubbing it in by being all lovey. Aisha had to smack her to get her to stop halfway to the Creek. It was only then did she realize.

Andy was only half paying attention to them. Her phone kept going off with texts from Lucas, sending silly things. It made her laugh, but she couldn't reply due to she was driving. Although Miguel in the back was quite concerned on why she was getting so many messages and why there was a heart next to Lucas's name.

When Miguel said they were going out into the woods, he meant it. It was literally the middle of nowhere. Andy couldn't recognize the place, but followed her dad anyway. She trusted him.

Coyote Creek was a real place, according to the sign. It was kind of pretty. The creek was real. Good for small children to wade in and catch tadpoles. Also good for slipping your shoes off and just stepping it.

But they weren't there to wade in the water. Kreese and Johnny split them into two teams with bands on their heads. Andy had to take off her beanie in order to put it on. She was red team with Aisha and Hawk.

"Welcome to Coyote Creek." Kreese started. "You've been split into two teams. Red...and black. The goal is to capture as many headbands as possible from the other side. Today, the people across from you are not your friends."

Andy and Tory made eye contact. Somewhere inside Andy, she was angry at Tory still. Despite having forgiven her, she was still pissed. Especially after their show in the car.

"They're not your brothers. They are the enemy. The last team standing...wins."

"How do we get the headbands?" Miguel spoke up.

"By any means possible. No rules." Kreese simply stated. This seemed like a fun game really.

"Use your judgement. This is just a training exercise." Johnny quickly stated.

"Correct, but remember, This is your life." He held up the red band. "You lose it, you die."

"Hey guys. Sorry I'm late." Everyone turned their heads. Andy couldn't recall the name of the man running down the hill, only remembered that her dad called him chubs. "Put Coyote Creek into the nav. Nothing came up."

He looked ridiculous. His outfit looked like he was a wannabe biker and his beard was rolled into a thin line. Andy almost felt like laughing.

"What have you done to yourself?" Johnny asked for them all.

"Yeah you know what, I just decided to flip the script, Hawk-Style." He pointed to Hawk. "Respect." Andy couldn't hold it in, she had to start giggling. Hawk's face set her off. She quickly hid herself in his shoulder to force herself to stop.

"Heretofore, you can refer to me...as Stingray." He stroked his beard. Okay now that made sense. Andy laughed harder, making Hawk playfully glare at her.

"Yeah, alright, Chubs." Johnny shut it down. "He's on your team." He said towards Kreese. Everyone watched Kreese look away with a slightly disgusted face.

"Terrific." He said in a sarcastic tone.

The students were sent off in opposite directions. Andy went off, running around to get some fresh air. It felt good after being in the house for two weeks. After her small enjoyment party, she glanced around for a battle plan, she definitely planned on winning this thing.

The tree next to her was pretty low. Most kids would be going around to look for opponents. Andy would wait for them to all get each other before getting the last one. It was a good battle strategy.