1.1

A few days had passed, and Andy and Miguel had yet to talk about their kiss. They didn't mention it, or bring it up. But they were a lot more flirty and touchy. The two were basically inseparable.

Until today, when Andy gave her mom a call and asked to meet up. The woman happily agreed and Andy left a few hours early for Cobra Kai practice to meet up with her at her favorite burger joint, where she always went with Robby.

Vanessa didn't seem to like the place, but went along with it for Andy. Andy had a large decision to make here. She could tell Vanessa to go away forever, never see her again, or she could accept her back. Andy was having a hard time deciding. The two sat in silence for 15 minutes before Andy spoke.

"My dad told me the story of when I was born. June 13, 2002. How you kept it a secret for a year, how you used the child support money he gave you for drugs." Vanessa looked down in shame, and right then and there Andy made up her mind. "Everyone does things that they regret. And by the looks of it, you regret it. That's all I need. But what I need you to understand that I spent 10 years without you. You're not needed in my life. But I would like to get to know you."

Vanessa looked happy, happier than ever. She even had tears in her eyes. She mouthed a thank you, not trusting her voice. Andy smiled too. She liked Vanessa. Even if she had made some stupid decisions, she was trying. That's why Andy decided to try and forgive her.

Andy and her mother split ways with plans for Andy to come out to dinner with her and her husband. She was almost late for karate class by the time she made it to the dojo. She barely even had time to change. By the time she finally got inside, Johnny was calling for people's attention.

"Listen up! I see we've got some new recruits. Everybody fall in!" Andy did so without complaint. Andy always stood next to Miguel, the two best students. "In neat rows and lines. Time to see what you're made of."

Johnny started to walk down the rows, looking at new and old students. He corrected the posture of two ginger students and then noticed someone who looked a little too old.

"Sorry, parents can't stay for class. It's an insurance thing." Johnny spoke to him.

"I'm not a dad. I'm here to kick some ass, sir!" The man announced loudly. Andy glanced at Miguel weirdly, who shrugged.

"Do I know you from somewhere?" Johnny whispered in a low tone.

"Oh, yeah, the-I sold you the mirror." He pointed towards the wall of mirrors. "We kinda bonded, talked about rock bands."

"Look, you're a little old. This is a class for teenagers." Johnny whispered.

"Well...I can take them. I'm not afraid of kids, sir. And my mom, she doesn't charge me rent. So I just, I got a lot of cash to burn." He brought out a wad of cash and held it out of Johnny.

"We'll consider this a trail run."

"I thought my last group of recruits was pathetic. But if you do what I tell you to do, you'll at least have a chance of becoming a fighter. But to do that, you gotta fight. So, which one of you had the balls to take on the champ?"

Instantly, everyone looked at Miguel. The male glanced at Andy and winked, making her smile softly. Most students avoided eye contact, hoping not to get chosen to fight Miguel.

"I'll take him on."

Andy glanced behind her at the sound of the familiar voice. Tory stood in the back with her half blonde hair. She looked even a little nervous.

"Tory." Andy whispered with a smile. The blonde glanced at her friend with a small one.

"Oh, you will huh?" Johnny questioned, walking nearer to her.