1.4

The peace didn't last long. Andy didn't expect it to. With two rival karate teams it wasn't meant to last.

Currently, Andy sat on a mat as she watched her two Sensei's fight. It was a teaching lesson of course.

"You're a little rusty, Sensei." Johnny teased. A bit more of fighting and soon Kreese had his arm around Johnny's neck in a choking position.

"Okay, pay attention. He's got my neck, I've got his elbow." Johnny started. "If I try to break out..."

"I dig in and I put him to sleep." They demonstrated.

"If I go for his ribs..."

"He completely exposed his chest."

"Two difficult choices. What do you do?" Johnny looked around at his students. Andy thought long and hard into it but before she could give an answer, Johnny grabbed Kreese's leg and threw them both to the floor.

"You damn the consequences and you power forward." Johnny answered his show question, standing.

"You may get hurt, but nobody wins by doing nothing." Kreese added.

"You make a choice. You make a move. You go, all in."

After class ended, Andy was invited out with her mom and her family. She accepted, knowing it was finally time to meet her stepdad and little sister. So she declined the inner circles offer of going to a restaurant and went to her mothers house, only a half hour drive away.

Nicole was absolutely adorable. The little girl was more than happy to play with her big sister. Derek was nice for the most part, but he didn't talk much, Vanessa did most of the talking. Andy liked it. Liked feeling like a whole family.

But she would never pick that over her dad.

By the time she left, it was dark. 10:30 at night and she was exhausted. But she felt good. Her life was going in the right direction.

Well, until right now.

Andy decided to take the long route home. She wanted to enjoy the fresh air and nice night. That consisted of driving past a park, an abandoned park that Andy hadn't seen any kids play at.

So imagine her shock when she saw her two best friends kissing on it.

She could of threw up right then and there. There they were, kissing. Miguel and Tory. She felt betrayed, heartbroken. Tory knew she liked Miguel, knew that they had a small thing going on, and yet she still kissed him. Miguel had been flirting with her for months, and he kissed her. She had fallen for his game again.

It took her a good 2 minutes to realize her light was green and she needed to go. The ride home was slow and sad. Music off, top up, silent. By the time she made it home, all she wanted was to curl up in bed and sleep forever.

Right as everything was going good, Miguel had to go and break her heart.

Andy spent an hour curled up on her bedroom floor, unmoving and unspeaking. Her phone rang endlessly next to her, probably Miguel and Tory both trying to tell her the same thing. It hurt, it really did.

The black haired girl heard the front door open and sat up a little.

"Dad?" She croaked out. She hadn't even realized she was crying. Right now she needed her dad. Unfortunately, that's not what she got.

Miguel stumbled into the room, looking dazed and happy. Andy's heart broke another piece as she laid back down. His happy look quickly fell at the sight of his best friend curled into a ball, tears streaming.

"You weren't answering anyone's messages. I wanted to see if you were okay." He sat down next to her. "What's wrong?"

Andy's sadness left her body faster than you could say "Hiyah". It was quickly replaced by anger and suddenly she couldn't keep it in anymore. Laughter started to leave her throat. She laughed and laughed and laughed. Miguel looked at her weirdly. She went from crying to laughing in seconds.

She truly was broken.

Or she felt broken at least.

"What's so funny?" Miguel asked in an irritated tone. How could she be laughing?

"Oh my-you're serious?" Andy started laughing again. "You-You play with me for the third time and you wanna ask what's wrong?"

Her emotions were all over the place. She didn't know how to feel or what to do.

"What are you talking about?" Miguel looked at her weirdly.

"Oh so you didn't kiss Tory tonight?" She wiped her tears and looked at him. His face morphed into one of surprise. He was still trying to figure out how to tell her, how did she find out?

"How did you-"

"I took the long route home from Vanessa's. I saw you." Andy simply stated. Miguel didn't have anything to say. "You know for the first two times I thought it was me, me who wasn't good enough to be better than Sam. BUT NO-No i'm not the problem, you are. I'm here for you to entertain yourself with until someone better comes along. Like a rich girl or a blonde badass. That's right isn't it? I'm your little chess piece you're not risking losing because you like to move it back and forth?"

Miguel stared at the girl dumbfounded. He hadn't realized what he had done. Staring into the eyes of the person who meant most to him, he realized how truly broken he had made her.

"I didn't-"

"What? You didn't mean to? You didn't intend to hurt me? Well ladies and gentlemen let's give Miguel Diaz a round of applause for doing just that." Andy gave a few sarcastic claps before sighing, her hands slumping to her sides. "I don't think we should be friends anymore."

Miguel physically froze. Every fiber in his being screamed at him to do something, to feel something. But all he could feel is pain. Despite the fact that he kissed Tory, Andy meant a lot to him. She was his best friend. He told her about his insecurities, about his dad and how bad of a man he was, how he never really had many friends. She was his first friend, and he was losing her.

And it was his fault.

"You can't-I can't-Andy wait let's just think about this." He stuttered, sitting up on his knees.

"What? Think about how everyday I have to walk into that dojo and see you two? How every time I think it might finally be my turn to ride the Miguel train it never arrives at the station? I can't keep being friends with you if all you're going to do is take advantage of the fact that I'm in love with you."

Both teens froze. Andy looked surprised even at herself. Miguel looked flustered and surprised. She had just said she loved him.

"Oh shit." She let out a sarcastic laugh. "I love you...haha that makes things so much worse."

Miguel looked at her with sad eyes. They both knew that there may of been some feelings there, but they weren't that strong. He didn't love her.

"Yeah no, I don't want to be friends anymore. Maybe in a few months when I can fall in love with someone new. I don't know, but right now I don't want to..." Andy trailed off. "Sorry, Miguel."

Miguel. It stung. She always called him Diaz. Miguel was saved for when she was mad or serious. Apparently, she was both in that moment.

Miguel felt like crying. He made a stupid decision and lost his best friend. The best thing that had ever happened to him didn't want to be his friend anymore.

"We can still talk in like karate and stuff, but I'd like it if you didn't text me, or call me, or talk to me directly." Andy added, looking at the floor. "And I think it's best you leave."

Miguel didn't move for a good minute. What was he suppose to do? He could barely comprehend what just happened. He felt like he was underwater, waiting to resurface but couldn't.

Finally, his body moved before his mind and suddenly he was standing. He kept his eyes on the figure on the floor, slumped and not looking at him. His eyes flickered to the bracelet along her wrist and felt the first of his tears flowing.

As soon as the door clicked shut behind Miguel, they both knew it would be a while before they would talk again.