1. Don't Freak Out

A/N

After trying out two genres that played with themes such as mystery and psychological drama- I wanted to try my hands at lighthearted read. A little blend of humor and romance. And the first person that I felt can do justice with such a composition was Lee. I had this in my mind for a long time now and had it planned as a NaNo project. As usual- I procrastinated. But now- I am around this app again. And I'll do my best to make this a relaxing read. You can also easily notice the alteration and change in my writing style because the blueprint demands for it to be in such way. But I personally feel like I'll have fun crafting this technique of writing as well.

Thank you for all the love showered on my works. If you are a new reader and doesn't have a clue of what I am going on about? It's ok, this can be read as a stand-alone too.

Enjoy.

***

SHIN

It had been a month, I felt as if I had been chewed up like a piece of gum. Tasted to test for its flavour then spitted out when they found me inconvenient. There was no instant reasoning why there hasn't been a response to the acceptance of the proposal on our part. So was I devastated? Thoroughly yes. I would lie if I hadn't been looking forward to meeting him. It has been my to do list. Maybe don't marry me. Can't he just go on a simple date with me so I can finally have an experience at it?

Being homeschooled comes with its pros and cons since I was able to avoid social gatherings that kept triggering my social anxiety- I must've celebrated my freedom so early in childhood as I at present struggled with general interactions consequently. I am an adult with zero experience of functioning like a grown-up in society. I at times bless a waitress for serving me. A thank you that transforms to bless you? Sucks to be me. Lucky them, they get my blessing.

Fast forward, year's later I sprouted into a woman with a tolerant mind. Hiding my weakness behind my strong gaze helped me stay tall in any situation. After a decade of worrying about what will happen and if it happens- I gathered that the key to live life is to not give a dime about the future. Live in today rather than lose yourself to tomorrow.

So when I left Seoul last week to attend an international writers conference held in Manila Philippines. I wasn't anticipating the number of writers and beginners pouring in for the lectures. Aren't we readers stereotyped to be the laziest species that roamed the grounds of the earth?

I eat dry cereals if I am out of milk. Going out is- terrifying. To dress, to smile at the cashier, to hold the groceries and to-

I just don't have a life. I do want to go out in the evenings. And weekends. But there is no one I could trap. I am a coward for that. I don't believe in love, but I do believe in having fun and making friends who like you without expectations. They are there to buy you milk for fruit loops, prepare kimchi fried rice to go with it, have long drives at night to an unsafe route, or watch the paintings in the gallery and agree with me that the person is uselessly naked and can't understand what his reasons are.

But no- I get rejected even before a person meets me. Splendid.

My stomach rumbles with hunger, adding to my misery was the man beside me who kept trying to have a conversation with me. He was from United states with German heritage, not more than thirty-five years of age, curly hair, thick brows, and slightly pouch but flat stomach with healthy hairline- he wanted to know my view on freelancing.

"I am up for it. I like to test my abilities to their core. Scoring various skills you see"

He said, his thick German accent in tune with my fake Korean one. I had Australian tutor- so my accent falls somewhere in between, self acquired one.