3. Don't Be Late

SHIN

Tramping outside Boccalino's, a European amenity restaurant I practiced my walk. Diners who departed the eatery lent some unexplainable glances at my location.

Sauntering I waddled and took the chair that was kept by a wall, all green and grassy structure that camouflaged me with the night.

Dressed in a rich, thick green dress and black heels, hiding wasn't a hassle. But for how long?

He has been inside for about an hour now. I received his text asking me once for where I was-

I remember my reply evidently.

On the way, stuck in traffic.

I was outside.

Will be there soon. In fifteen minutes may be.

Ten seconds would top, if I want to go in. I could see his visage from the window if I could crane my neck ardently.

He seems to be focused on his mobile as if glaring the screen to its execution. But then he grinned- a full-blown smile with his aligned teeth on display. His eyes lit up, shone like two sets of diamonds reflecting an LED bulb.

And it was indeed the lights reflecting his orbs for the moment. So when he turned around, I ducked swearing. He didn't see me, I try to soothe my spirit.

When I assess his surrounding once more- I sighed in recourse.

After our strange encounter yesterday, where we met for a minute- held eye contact without a single pleasantry in line, cue our rudeness. It was today I received a message from his number- two days later.

'Can we meet today?'

No.

Not after he left me abandoned by the airport And furthermore in his own house.

Not until he apologizes for-

'When and where?'

Is it possible for one to hire a professional slapper who slaps sense into a person?

I can call my brother.

But he stands at the epitome of senselessness himself.

So here I was, looking sharp and hanging out around trees waiting till the valet isn't tempted by his conscience to call the cops on me. Or worst, confront me.

"I'll go in" I mumble when Lee spun around looking, running a hair through as he got up checking his watch with hard eyes, and sat down squinting.

Distinguished from yesterday was his attire, with a dress shirt and brown coat on- he complimented his age and profile. But when his face acquired the uninterested grimace when a gorgeous girl waved and swayed towards him- as if he recognized her but wanted to ignore was so on display that it was unsettling how soon his preference changed.

He was smiling, then pissed and now almost looked cunning.

He didn't budge when she gestured for a hug, he did smile at her creepily until she realized that he was mocking her smile and left with a huff.

As soon as she was out, he went back to checking his wrist.

Trembling I got up. Knowing someone's bad side only makes it harder. I only wanted to let him wait for the hours I wasted at the airport. But it's likely that he must've an ample of important commitments to sweep rather than me who didn't.

When I was welcomed by the doorkeeper, it was the last positive ray of my existence felt. Approaching the table, my gaze is light on him. Feathery enough so I can steal them the minute it commences to a mutated one.