12. Don't Tempt Self

If you are a new reader in this book and haven't read my other work called The Girl At The Last of which this work resulted in a spin off, some aspect will be less on feels than the one who has read it. It's fine. It won't make much difference in story. With that said - enjoy.🙃

LEE

Last night presumably was the first in the week where I was awake as shin slept. I fought to not skim through her visage while she was at it. Losing, as I compiled to side with my arm cushioning my head. The most comfortable position I could find to browse her- it wedged the room into a state of tranquility. Her peaceful stature, the one that wasn't so keen on stealing her expressive gaze away from me whenever they caught me staring at her.

Why had I been fascinated by her tonight? It had been a lingering thought that has been contributing to my brisk awakeness was constant. I had a counterclaim to justify my actions.

That would be my lack of relationships during past years that had deprive me of-

She fits so perfectly in my embrace.

As i thought I was wrestling for an essence of artificially colored and morbidly preserved pack of candy. I realized I was paving a way to my doom because Soon the smarties didn't appear as delicious as her soft pink lips that contorted into a pout.

To put it this way- I had been impressed by the details she cloaked while she dressed or walked or the way she carried herself despite the hundreds of distractions she embroils in a moment- but I had been too diligent to accept that I was slowly, but surely getting attracted to her.

Like the pieces of the jigsaw, every single image of her fixes into a finished product. The mental pictures that I didn't even know I had- clubbed together to remind me that- I was messing this up.

The cold shower in the morning didn't aid either. My head wasn't empty of her. Her ash brown hair that she seldom styled in a wave ignited with a golden spectrum whenever the sunlight touched her as she moved, It was an imagery that was vivid as a day. Also something I didn't know I had observed about her, I was yearning to know how it will be like to have my hand buried in them. She had a thin waist, I know because I had held her by it last night. They were on repeat. Every feel of it despite the way I had held her did not even had an intention behind it.

I just wanted the stupid candy. But here I was-

There were more than a couple of ideas that latched into my undignified aspirations. I had always been show and not tell kind of man. I could show her- but the ethical and moral part of me was so disgusted by what I was contemplating to offer a girl who was classically off-limits for such an absurd proposal.

I can't taint someone so pure just because I can't have control over my physical needs. It was pathetic. So shameful-

So I shove a spoonful of cereal into my mouth- chewing on it roughly as she sat opposite to me by the kitchen counter- a skipped seat in front so I could see through the side. She woke up earlier than me- she did have a good night's sleep. Unlike me.

It explains why she was done with her breakfast ages ago and now had some kind of notes scrawled all across. Her mac book was open, her newly delivered goldfish swarm around in a jar- that too was present by the top. she had a scented candle lit among them. Why does she even need that when she herself smells so divine?

I must drown myself in the fishbowl.

"What are you doing?" slicing the soggy broth into half I ask. A conversation does disperse the brewing awkwardness.

"I am editing" she heaves a sigh and her hair does that fluttering thing again. But I keep my phase.

"You are an editor?" there was an unrequired surprise in my tone, I wasn't perspective of her to have a job. Let alone an editor. She spins the pencil, weaving it in and out of her sleek fingers. Her eyes were hesitant before she nods in short.