26. Don't Resist It

SHIN

The splash of cold water pacifies me. Repeating it thrice I stare at my reflection- tucking the wet matted hair behind my ears to see my pathetic face moist with despair. Securing the tap I let my hair free of the braid - using fingers to massage my scalp I attempt to appease the ache. Each memory of what had happened an hour ago gripes me into an essence of alienation.

Hugging myself into a smaller entity I stepped back to simply watch the girl in the mirror. If exhaustion had a face, she would be it. Her cheeks were flushed pink with how fast her mind was racing- her petite body donned with blacktop and skirt, they were there to put on a show- her eyes, they conceivably were the most impressive trait of hers. They were hooded, hazel, and expressive when they desired to.

They also were happier and prettier when she had been hell-bent on ignoring the reality she comes with.

Fatigued, I sigh jerking my head to get the thoughts out. Owing up to the mistake I did was the only solution to it- swabbing with the rolled-up towel on the basket, I fling it across once I was dry enough. Walking out i spot Lee on his mobile, seated by the edge of the bed, changed into a fresh light blue shirt. The older one had Madisons blood on them.

He looks up as soon as he senses my stare on him. I know I wasn't giving him a thing away as I imitated a stone at the moment. Never had my emotions ever been stonier than this- They were rigid, strong, and finally building up the wall between us than I should have done ages ago.

Only if he had let me be.

"How is she?" I ask, not allowing his dense stare to bother me. He takes his time to articulate a reply.

"Aldo is with her. She is fine" I secretly hoped to detect some kind of rage and concern when he spoke of Madison. But the way his entire focus was directed to and at me- I hated it. I despised the steps that had us here. breaking this chain was a necessity- and to do it, I want him to hate me. But I was so harmless in his view that no matter what I did- he would probably see through my lies.

So I stood there as he got up and walked over. He doesn't say a word- silently he tugs my hand to inspect the redness on my knuckles. I severely wish it did something to Moreno- it was the strongest punch I could pack. By the end of my brutal prayers – a soft sigh from Lee alerts me.

His thumb brushes my knuckles as he holds my gaze-

"Why didn't you leave when I asked you to?" it was a question, but the tone was rhetorical so I don't answer him. But it doesn't suffice there- not with how sharp his eyes got when I ignored him "What's wrong?"

The weather was unconditionally cold, with temperature decreasing as the night ascends. Snatching my hand from him ,I hugged myself again. I needed to quit the dependence I have on him. His smile, his voice, his care- I had gotten used to it. But habits that has been learned could be erased.

But was he a habit?

Breathing isn't a habit. And for me- Lee was no less. He was my necessity – he was something I've searched for and dreamt in my barren fantasy.

"When are we leaving tomorrow?"

The formality in my utterance didn't faze him, as if he knew I would behave in such this way. He always knew of a junction that will be harsh to go through. But not when.

Neither did I.

"By four. We also have to leave for Seoul in three days" he angles slightly to watch me, perplexed I frown at how It had completely skipped my mind- the Korean reception that takes place by the end of this week. A ceremony that will have us united for the sake of media and sorcerers. The reason this all began.