7. Don't Celebrate soon

SHIN

If laziness were to be embodied into a picture, the evening we woke up to would be it.

We don't know how the morning surpassed because when we woke up the sun was at its peak, getting ready to set. Lee walked out the room half-dazed as I was out in the living area with my phone in the clutch-

"I am ordering pizza, you fine with it?" I ask, scrolling through the app for the options.

"Yeah" hoarse he yawned, a sign of awakeness "I like pineapples on top though"

Don't judge.

Grunting under my breath I wanted to spare him the deprecating glance because I believed in opinions. But I failed-

He had a fat smile awaiting me. How was he so happy? Is that how people who like pineapple on pizza looks? So surreal?

Even if so- I won't have it even if there was a gun pointed at my head to carry out the offense. The violation of breaching a law. A law where cheese was contaminated by something so-so-

"It's okay. I get that look often" he cracks his knuckles and styles his hair "it's three-thirty? we were asleep for so long?" He mumbles checking his phone then he checks me.

Not we. He was. I woke up at intervals where I found us tangled together, so to avoid facing the embarrassment I forced myself back to sleep so he can wake up first and I can pretend to sleep still.

We could have avoided it smoothly, but he had to wake up first and nudge me awake, mentioning that I was sleeping in his bicep and how it was cutting out his blood flow.

He could've pushed me, punched me. But he had to make a PowerPoint context out of it to describe my skulls weight on him. How long was he awake before he decided that I should know about him clotting because he unconsciously decided that I was a koala and wanted to hug me in his sleep.

Which inspired me
That I should perhaps quit being nice to him if he was going to treat me like one of his dudes. Not girls, but dudes. So I ordered myself a few more treats and one small pizza for him.

While we sat to eat, and as I kept opening the boxes his smile fell.

"What are you having?" He asked, quizzical.

Inspecting each of the cartons I pick them.

"Cheeseburger, bagels, coke, and a banoffee pie. Oh yeah, a bag of onion rings as well" listing, I smugly bite on, each at a time.

"You'll be able to eat all that?" Should I consider that to be sexist?

"Mmmm"

"Great" disappointed he eats his pizza as I scrunch my nose, chewing. He rolls his eyes at the visible revulsion from me. However, we don't. still in silence, it felt as if he wasn't accustomed to a quiescent atmosphere.

"I think I've learned rnd my lesson" he cleared his throat.

Booting and rebooting my social techniques I tilt my head with incoherent regard.

"And what would that be?" It comes out scratchy, any introvert's nightmare when they speak when not wishing of a conversation at all. I soothe my throat by sipping on water. It was gentlemanly of him to wait as I compiled.

He slides the box of pizza aside and interlaces his fingers togeather. Sitting straighter. Sharper

What was he negotiating?

"I should've shared the nuggets with you"

Oh heavens.

No.