23. Don't Hold On

SHIN

The first four days fly by. Each one categorized with the zest it was packed with, not just me and Lee- the moments were designed and crafted by the intervention of a devastated movie maker whose only aim for the given week was to shower me with praises and purchase the commodities to lure me into a business contract, and as for his assistant , Fischer was the one who carried out the assignment for him.

Flowers, chocolates, and random tributes were something I have been waking up to-

I get paid, pampered, and spoiled by three men. For work, for forgiveness, and for affection.

"If an ancient goddess were to have ever lived on earth, she must have looked like Shin" this was the ice breaker that Edmund spewed on the day after we met after he got aware of who I was. The torment was naked in his eyes, but he managed a charming smile. Right then- I deduced that  he could walk on any lengths to have his endeavor accomplished. I liked his professionalism- it's something I lacked profusely.

But this, extra credit done by his friend didn't go well on Lee-

"Can you not do that" he frowned at Edmund who sassily jerked his head at the said beloved friend. His tropically aesthetic pink-sleeved shirt with its half sleeve provided an easy access to peer at the tattoos that covered his forearm. They were gorgeous- just like him. Pity that lee was still in his formals as we stood in the corridor where we accidentally met before the breakfast-

Not that I believe it's an accident.

"Do what?"  mused Edmund.

"Compliment her so much. I am not as articulative as you- I will end up looking bland in impression if you keep this up. And I can't have that" I sucked in an awe as I gawked at him with glittering eyes, he gazed at me with it equally. And then-

"It's fine Lee- you show me better" I pat his cheek once when his smile drops and I realized with a whiplash. You can't take an attention deficit out of a person. But neither can they avoid the blush that's a result of the aftermath. These two friends were painfully savage. They were frank to the junction where they had to remind each other to tone it low because I was around.

But little did they know the kind of surprise I can surprise myself with. Them too.

So when Lee- with a shy smile purposed the we should leave for the horse riding classes, I don't question him. Edmund and Fischer probably thought we were two horny people escaping a situation. But we weren't. Lee indeed had booked us the three-day rehearsal by the outskirts of the isle. The grassy field was vast and had one lone coordinator. He was the same Mexican dude from the resort- The garland man with artificial flowers so that the one with allergy reactions won't get sick.

He was vocal- kept speaking and monitoring without a break. He was superficially nice and that benefited me with the anxiety I had before meeting my tutor. The only job I had to do was pursue his instructions and smile with a nod. Since I had stretchable jeans and a t-shirt with a rough brown jacket on, the sole thing he helped me gear upon was the elbow and knee pads with a helmet. The leather gloves were a bonus- when I turned with my hands to hips at Lee, I couldn't help but roll my eyes at how clouded he was with jealousy.

"How do I look?" I grin to ease his nerves " Hot? Badass? Lara cro-

"A kitten. You look like a kitten"

Arresting a giggle within, I flutter at him.

"You are such a ray of sunshine"

Ruffling his hair, I land a brisk peck on his cheeks and resumed with the lessons. It took twenty minutes to stack the basics while Lee was on his white horse just deliberately circling around while it grazed the grass. In intervals, he ingrained his time to drill holes across the trainers skull. He'd proceeded to scratch his horse once he receives a signal from me to be sure I was comfortable.