2. Don't Wear Sock

SHIN

When I searched for an unfamiliar face among the area for arrivals. It dawned upon that every single person here was unknown to me. I had his profile somewhere crumpled and tucked among the countless drawers in my room. I took an oath to only award it a glance when there was an advancement from him.

Look where the stubbornness got me to.

When the clattering hall dispersed until only I and the haste newcomers remained after one full hour. I got up checking the details I had sent my brother for the umpteenth time. He could've forwarded me the man's number- or even better, the man could've called me himself. But something told me with the binging and dimming situation- that there was something that wasn't adding up.

Years of writing had marred me into an effortless observer. When you are the forgotten one hiding among the crowd you learn to listen and understand more. Interpret better. You just sit there waiting for your turn to speak and when it comes, you are terrified of what will come out.

I have so many colors. I wish I could let them out like everyone else. If not with everyone- might just get cozy enough with one to do it with.

I smile when a shiny black Tesla rolled and stopped by where I stood contemplating. The tinted window slides low- I bent to see a young man.

A bit too young.

"You are not twenty-six"

I know his age- but not his face?

"I am eighteen" the charming young lad grins, he's got the same jerk like dimple as my brothers.

"Who may you be?" I shove my hair behind. It's a pissed-off trait I grew up with. When I didn't know what to do, I claw at the frame of my hair and scratch it back.

The boy gingerly traumatized gulps.

I am fine with younger ones. They are like cubs. Tiny and harmless.

Maybe I should just wait to grow old. When no one will ever have more experience to tell me off or affect me that way.

"I am junior. Lee has some work so I took his place. You are expected at home for dinner" he grins again. I don't blame him. If I had that kind of flashy teeth I would too.

"Lee? That's his name?" I shouldn't be asking that.

"You didn't know?" He then shakes his hair and ushers me to get it "please get in Miss Han. I apologize for the delay"

I don't think he meant it. If anything he looked as if he was caged with a serpent in the car and he was not prepared for such cause.

Or it could be my over analyzation.

His mobile pings, it was flat against the holder so the script basically flashed itself at my face.

I officially disown you from being my brother

The boy panicked and hurriedly attempted to vile it from me by bringing his elbow.

"Don't bother. I saw" I mumble.

"Lee is acceptable. He is a slightly-

"-against this marriage as of now"

"What? No! I mean yeah- But

I rendered him speechless. Why is it that it's either I don't speak but when I do- the others don't.

He took a deep breath then he lets it out. I saw the brand embossed on his leather jacket. I was wearing a looney tunes sock beneath my converse. I wasn't aware of it until the flight landed at the airport.