20. Don't Fear End

I got my first vaccine shot and experienced certain side effects of it. It took me two days to recover, still I wasn't feeling like doing much. Sorry for the delay in update. But here I am-

Missed you all.

Enjoy..and yeah don't forget to leave votes and thoughts. Hope life is good for y'all

P.s unedited.

LEE

The knife cuts through the skin shell, one sleek motion and it wilts through in middle- undressing the shrimp. The youtube tutorial suggested it to be done with light pressure. I don't think I have it in me, to be gentle with anything- one look at shin's lip, the red siren goes off inferring that I should keep my distance from her, It's a requirement so that I don't end up scaring her away. So I stood a collective six inches away from the tabletop counter where she sat on, her legs crossed and cozily tucked as she operated on a frozen shrimp.

I was hovering above her, for moral comfort as she administered the ingredients. The present image of a butchered sea creature proves to be the most adequate one to keep me from reimaging the kind of kiss that I didn't know I had it in me. Like a starved soul, that I undoubtedly was- had pounced on her the moment she dropped the curtain of courtesy that remarked that type of relationship we had.

The reign of what it actually meant registered with the trails of shiver she reacted with every little touch of mine. Not that I could put it into words of what I felt then, it was what I had never felt before. I was high, I was low. Her lips were cold and soft – warming up to mine until it almost was feverish in temperature. To the popular belief that I smile a lot that I do it for the sake of a disposition and identity, in the time of true ecstasy- I turn into this confusedly drenched excuse of a man that doesn't know how to keep his mouth in check.

Filter?

Do I know how it works?

With others it was different- the girls I dated in past were either older or were the same age as me. But shin- she was four good years younger to me. At that age, I don't think I knew what I wanted to do the next day with my life, let alone get on in a serious relationship with a said wife. Our charts were already a messed version in itself. Where we were two individuals in a legal marriage testing their take on dating.

I can't afford to race our journey like I usually do with things. If I wanted to run, I might just crawl instead. Because my face and bilingual ability were the only Korean thing about me. And yeah, the two-year military enlistment I completed for the last years counts the most. It probably was the addition among the reason why I had forgotten how fragile girls are. But I can't deny that shin's fragility was a tad bit on the amusing side. She was sensitive to the sun, to flowers, to touches that were overwhelming on her. She doesn't complain- but I try to be safe whenever I hold her, to make sure I am not leaving temporary marks on her. Even if it were only for a couple of minutes- I keep myself from being the cause of her discomfort.

Can't guarantee how long I will last though-

Because shin might be younger than me, but she has her priorities straight. Most of what she does or says are signs of maturity in itself. She may have had a standard Asian childhood, But she probably grew up with her own ideologies that made her different among all the other proposals I declined.

They were four girls I met prior to her. The awkward dinner silence was the common thing I made sure we had among us. Embellished and bandaged for the occasion they sat there with embarrassment that I caused them as they tried to shove a conversation down my throat. Again- they were older and some same as me. From reputed families and heritage backgrounds. I disliked what I had to do in order to secure my freedom. But I did it anyway.