21. Don't Bother Coconuts

SHIN

The passenger cruise was huge. Big enough for me to get lost on as I strolled about. And- it's what happened. My little exploration led me to the main deck. My floral summer dress fought the wind. The hair wasn't an exception. Not that I call it getting lost- it was my strategic maneuver to get to the deck. With lone time for self after what had happened last night- I use it as a gateway where I could finally let the happiness settle in. A smile cracks through as I drank in the sight, endless bed of the blue ocean and the clear sky that met them, I could taste the salt in my lips. The sun was bright but cold here- almost as if she wasn't in a pursuit to bother me when I had ultimately begun to let my guard down.

As if she wasn't keen on teasing me once I stopped hiding from it. Or covering.

With Lee, it was different. It wasn't about revealing a part of me to him. But knowing and freeing one that I had knowingly choked and slammed within me. He makes me selfish- no matter how long it will last for us, but as of present, I want to be the one for him. He makes me happy, happier than I have ever doubted with my boundaries on line. I want to stay this way as long as it lasts-

It might be unfair to him. but I want this, because eventually, after years and years of failed practice it took me a boy to keep my mind on track. I wasn't dispersing inside my own brain anymore because his thoughts and smile have me in a trace. He has me occupied. Even with him not here- It still was him in me.

The refreshing atmosphere wakes me, my eyes squint with a crinkle of a smile, and then I almost got thrown to the floor with someone ramming their cow-like body at my back. With the last vision, I checked there was only the harmless ol me here to be, when I spun around to witness the cause I soured faster than a curdling milk.

"Fischer" I stare at the one who skillfully seems to wrestle his way into becoming the bane of my existence "If you use your eyes, you'll notice that there's room for hundreds more here" I even use my outstretched hand to justify my point. He- didn't take that into account, because I got hugged by him with a tremble. My bowl-like head got forcefully jammed into his chest as he cried dramatically-

"Please save me" he sniffs, his nose by my shoulder- was he getting his snot on me? Because I have been tricked by this same act by Hwan and- no-no, Hwan is fifteen. Fischer was-

"I am not captain marvel, the only thing I can save for you is your future kids. That is only if you get off me now"

He is experienced, I hadn't held back with him since day one of our encounters. So he takes me seriously like he should and does the job. Nodding and stood there awaiting a signal from me.

"Shoot" I was kind so yeah-

"My sister is here with her boyfriend. I invited them for a holiday since I don't get to meet her often" he rolls his lips in as if expecting me to understand the dire situation which was?

"So what? you want me to cook for them?"

He catches on with my sarcasm and something else. That would be my lack of knowledge.

"Lee will kill me the moment he gets to know of it. He may look kind- but he is not that kind you know"

He chuckles with desperation evident in his voice, when he realized how clueless I was- he sighs.

"Madison Fischer is my sister. Lee is her Ex"

My impression of a lifeless stone must have been too realistic for him as he shook me out of trance to add-

"That is not the main concern here shin, it's her boyfriend. If Lee has ever hated a person in his life it's him- it's-

"Nicholas Moreno," I say it slowly, but through the whizzing wind, he hears it as Fischer nods. Each one lagging in speed. At first, I stare- then I glare. Then I hit his arm hard because -