8. Don't Exclaim Facts

We reached 1k reads!!!!

SHIN

The title credits rolled by the vast  theatrical screen, the lights in the room dimmed out with the High defined curve frame being the sole source of glare that was luminous. Initially, it was unduly bright, but as minutes passed with my thoughts getting sucked by the plot of the movie- I got lost in it.

The room was packed with the audience, some confused some frustrated, and rare, extraordinarily talented ones sat there with their proficiency enjoying the brain burner that Christopher Nolan had presented us with. Quarter in the movie- I pull a notebook out from my backpack and clicked at the butt of my pen.

I felt a knock in my wrist after fifteen minutes-

Shifting my ponytail to the obtainable shoulder I look at the side, I see Lee staring dead at my notes.

"I want a paper too" he whispers, his wavering eyes trading from mine to the pages. I raise my brow smugly, slouching on the plush cinema chair with folded arms.

"I thought you liked challenging yourself when I had asked you prepare for this" he changes course, glaring at the action scene that breached the natural laws of physics and yet it was a possibility. So we had to know how he made it work.

"I underestimated this" he shakes his head in dismay as if his pride was wounded by it "I never use to compile for my exams- but they seldom caused such frustration. Why would you even want to watch this?"

Leaning, I undo the strap of my heels and crossed my legs, jotting down another crucial hint as a faint smile played by my lips. It was this morning had I fetched an online ticket to watch Tenet, as an avid admirer of Nolan's masterpiece I know what I was reserving for. But for the misery of lee which he brought onto himself was his shortcoming.

I randomly had asked him during the breakfast, with much vigor I had mumbled-

"I am going out to watch tenet this evening. Want to join?"

Anticipating a denial, I munched on my cereal as the worst was over. But-

"Are you asking me on a date?" swallowing the food, I watched him grin cheekily. He was having fun collecting my tongue-tied moments. When I don't reply he goes on to add "friends go on dates all the time. Of course, I want to go"

I exhale, disliking the idea of even asking him to go out with me. But as a responsible Nolan enthusiast, I had warned him for what he was getting into-i had read the reviews and even I don't think I was prepared. But he was pretentious and arrogant, quoting that it's a movie and I am being too harsh about it.

Fast forward half an hour into it- he was eating his words in bitter reality.

"I have met this man at a party. He isn't as complicated in-person" Lee mutters, grabbing a fistful of popcorn kernels while I sat there staring at him with saucers for eyes.

"What do you mean by you have met him? Pattinson?"

He looks at me as if he felt ridiculed at my sudden yelling whispers.

"No. The Nolan guy" he corrects me. He rectifies me as if it was common for him to meet-

"You are speaking of the Christopher Nolan?"

First, there was a frown, then it was a calm realization and conclusively the smirk settled on his face.

"One of my friends is an A-list director and I sometimes tag along with him to film festivals. So- yeah. I think I met him. More than once maybe" he steals his gaze working me up further, he rips a page from the note and pulls out his pen from the rugged maroon jacket he wore atop of his black t-shirt.