16. Don't Be Potato

The response for the book has been such a pleasure to scroll through. Though I may not be able to reply to most of the comments or DMs, I do read them all. And it makes me feel so blessed.

So eat healthy and stay safe. Water plants and moisturize your skin. Drink water- hydrate. Done?

Yeah also vote...it makes Lee happy.

Now proceed.

LEE

"Sorry for keeping you, Miss Han"

Though I had my back to the man, the familiar voice ignited a stream of memories that weren't pleasant in existence. It was twisting and loathsome that my intellect decided to completely ignore the prospect of such a coincidence to occur. But even in a city that's infested with sin, there were only a few assholes it harbored. And a Moreno with that cynical touch in utterance could only be the prick himself.

So I turn around, my surface a blank canvas with mobility to change according to what the scoundrel has to offer. It was curative to witness the color drain from his face. He probably wasn't friendly with the idea of a reunion. With his company and agency backing and cleaning up his trash- he doesn't know how to get through the shards of glass left behind when he shattered a man career.

"Lee?"

He has changed. Something in him has- not in ferocity. But beneath his hide, he didn't look so good. Then it hits me. Of course, it wasn't well for him. I knew it the moment Clarissa called me today, We had enough evidence to carry out the prosecution.

"Nicholas. Nice to see you man" I smile, of all the images I could link him with- I remember one where he stood with Madison with his filthy hand on her waist. In the middle of my house was it where I found them, she went with him the day I needed to be held and comforted the most. But it wasn't that which seem to boil my blood- it's the thought of what he might have planned if I wasn't here with Shin. He wasn't touching her or even next to her- but I was going crazy just by the thought of it. It wasn't making sense. So I fucking smile at him. It's worse for me to do it through a façade. It's when I am the most unforgiving. "Still the same. Missed me?"

He doesn't answer at the moment. I don't expect him to- all I wanted now was to get shin out of here. I felt her presence next to me, but I don't want to look at her. after the shoot and what I went through it- I don't think it was safe for her to interest my attention so soon.

"How are you?" he asks, his discomfort morphs into a forced nonchalance. Mine doesn't. it boosts me to walk slightly towards him, confront him personally. But shin was a still at an arms reach- I make sure of it.

"I am as fine as I could be. But what about you? " I glance at my watch wishing the time would move promptly. I hate his mere existence. I look up with my light eyes, training it on him so it could wrench him more. "I don't think you could say the same"

In a spur of a second, his gaze speared into a glare. But they were afraid in corners. It was relaxing.

"Why are you back?" his voice was an octave above a whisper, "I thought you had an empire to take care of"

I closed my eyes with a chuckle, I detest how I was finding this so entertaining. He didn't share the same sentiment though.

"I didn't come here alone" I reach behind and coiled my fingers by Shin's wrist. She had a small one- and by the number of times I had held her by it- I bet I could blindly sketch them on a sheet despite my zero experience in the field. I bring it up so her ring was on display "My wife wanted to get married here"