Chapter One

PIERRA'S POV

I was one of those people who always made sure to get to class super early so as to get my favorite seat. Seven am classes were a bitch especially because of the cold but I was already used to them after three years. I especially looked forward to the one class that I shared with him each week. I didn't even take that course, I was only there to see him. It was my only chance since we ran in different circles and our paths never crossed.

I walked into class and my eyes immediately sought him out. My chest rose and fell in anticipation at the thought of seeing him. My shoulders drooped in disappointment when I didn't meet his eyes hidden behind his clear round framed glasses. I was always early but there were times he got to class before me.

I sat at my usual seat by the window, used my purple book bag to hold the seat next to me for my brother and leaned back, my gaze wandering outside. Other students started streaming in and the class filled quickly. I stuck my airpods in my ears when the class started getting noisy and blasted some Shaed.

Reaching into my bag I grabbed a packet of cornpuffs, my ultimate addiction. I'd discovered the treats on my first trip to class when I joined the university in my first year. After the first packet I was immediately hooked and made sure to buy four packets each morning. It was only ten shillings anyway so I could easily afford them. They were also only sold in that one kiosk I bought them from but the good thing was they never run out. Lately I had been getting one more packet that I didn't pay for but I didn't question it. I just dismissed it as promotion from the kiosk owner after buying from him daily for the past three years.

I was mid bite when I met his gaze as he walked through the door and for a moment everything around me disappeared. Andrew Njogu, my crush of three years, star of all my wet and even dry dreams and my fantasy husband. A three, going on four year old crush should definitely win an award. He was so dreamy and sadly enough unattainable to me. He was tall, standing at 6'0 with short neatly trimmed hair, dark chocolate skin, dark eyes that were always hidden behind his clear round glasses and impeccable fashion taste.

He walked past me and I finally regained control of my nose when his cologne washed over me. It was a fusion of citrus and spice, the perfect combination for him. As always he took a seat two rows behind me but I wasn't worried about not seeing him. I opened the window and titled it to an angle that reflected his gorgeous face like I always did each Tuesday morning preparing for my two hour staring session.

I knew that it was creepy but I couldn't help myself, he was too handsome not to stare. I'd first seen Andrew in my first year when I accompanied my brother Bishop to his first class. They were both pursuing Bachelor of Arts in Fine Arts while I was studying Bachelor Of Science in Human Resource Management. Two different courses but we were both freshmen, halfway across the country from home so we accompanied each other to all the classes that didn't clash just so we wouldn't be alone. The tradition had faded out after our first year but I'd continued coming to this one class. It was the only one that didn't collide with my classes all because of Andrew. Bishop also came to one of my classes but only because his favorite fuck buddy was my classmate and they liked making out at the back of the class which I found disgusting but I could never contest. If I did Bishop would stop me from coming to his class and I could not lose my only connection to Andrew so I kept my mouth shut.

I had crushed on him from the first moment I saw him and no matter how much I tried I could never get him out of my head. My brother had also forbidden me from dating any of his classmates so we could never be in a relationship, not that Andrew had ever expressed his interest in me anyway. It was a one sided attraction but I didn't mind. I had this picture perfect image of him in my head that would get ruined if I dated him. As long as we didn't date, he would remain my perfect crush and I was okay with that.